• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

You know what I think would be neat? If we ran a teams tournament for games that don't necessarily have teams.

i.e. a 4 player Carc game where players 1 & 2 are playing against players 3 & 4... even though there's no team dynamic integrated into Carcassonne, we would just accumulate the overall score between the players at the end of the game. So you'd actually have something like player 3 finishing off a city for player 4, which is something you'd normally rarely see in a game.

For a game like Lost Cities, you can only do 1v1, but there could still be teams using the accumulative score. So player 1 faces player 3, and in a separate game player 2 faces player 4, and after the games have been played, whichever team has the highest accumulative score moves on.

That make sense?

You know what I think would be neat? If we ran a teams tournament for games that don't necessarily have teams.

i.e. a 4 player Carc game where players 1 & 2 are playing against players 3 & 4... even though there's no team dynamic integrated into Carcassonne, we would just accumulate the overall score between the players at the end of the game. So you'd actually have something like player 3 finishing off a city for player 4, which is something you'd normally rarely see in a game.

For a game like Lost Cities, you can only do 1v1, but there could still be teams using the accumulative score. So player 1 faces player 3, and in a separate game player 2 faces player 4, and after the games have been played, whichever team has the highest accumulative score moves on.

That make sense?

Thats completely fucking ridiculous.

and I think it sounds awesome, haha.

Slacker

Looks like the invite system for Eclipse shares the quirkiness from the other Big D games. I got a notification that Czartim invited me to a game but don't see it on the online list. >__<

AirBrian

That make sense?
This is exactly what I imagine. Let's do this!

Heel

I'm down if we figure out how to fairly construct the teams.

If not, let me know if you're looking for a Lost Cities partner Mike. :)

blahness

I am down for any of the tournaments (i usually lose, but doesn't matter to me since I have fun :)) especially Nightfall and TtR. Aside from tournaments, I am open to playing just about any game mentioned including Le Havre.

Ok, Ive made an executive decision, and one of the Tournaments will be a Nightfall Tournament!

NeoGAF Nightfall Tournament 1

- Base game only, No Martial Law, and no Promo Cards.
- Draft
- Show Wounds
- Single Match

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Mercviper | Mercviper
superrobot | Diesel Pioneer

Also, lets get some more signups for the Neuroshima Hex Tournament

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Slacker | Slacker
Smiley90 | Smiley1790
AirBrian | AirBrian
Eznark | Eznark - The World Champion Grand Master Champion of the World
Mercviper | Mercviper
AstroLad | AstroLad
Flynn | Triphibian

mercviper

Ok, Ive made an executive decision, and one of the Tournaments will be a Nightfall Tournament!

- Draft
- Show Wounds
- Single Match

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Slacker | Slacker
Smiley90 | Smiley1790
AirBrian | AirBrian
Mercviper | Mercviper
AstroLad | AstroLad
Flynn | Triphibian

I suppose I bought nightfall so I could play it. Count me in.

blahness

- Draft
- Show Wounds
- Single Match

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Mercviper | Mercviper

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Slacker | Slacker
Smiley90 | Smiley1790
AirBrian | AirBrian
Mercviper | Mercviper
AstroLad | AstroLad
Flynn | Triphibian

blahness | blahness for both Nightfall and NH

Alright, now were getting somewhere!

- Draft
- Show Wounds
- Single Match

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Mercviper | Mercviper
Blahness | Blahness

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 2

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Slacker | Slacker
Smiley90 | Smiley1790
AirBrian | AirBrian
Mercviper | Mercviper
AstroLad | AstroLad
Flynn | Triphibian
Blahness | Blahness

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Once we get through this first round of Eclipse games we definitely need to do a live 4p game. Would probably take an hour at most. Almost tempted to do it now but all five games are at least somewhat active so nothing to delete. :p

Once we get through this first round of Eclipse games we definitely need to do a live 4p game. Would probably take an hour at most. Almost tempted to do it now but all five games are at least somewhat active so nothing to delete. :p

Yeah, a live game would be great. It would be a good idea to go through the first games anyway though, so everyone (mostly) understands the rules.

Might be a good idea to set up a second account in their system though, Ive got 2 already, im not using both yet, but I will soon.

eznark

Banned
:( What did I ever do to deserve this! Except hurt Ray's ego

Nothing. I just root for the team with the most Badgers in every series. It helps that the Sharks have my favorite player in Pavelski. I don't follow the NHL too closely. College hockey and international tournaments is where it's at!

Sorry, dudes. I picked that race that starts with like 26 credits so lots of passing required for that first round.

Yeah, Eradani make for a really weird first round, and a really shitty second if you dont get some good planets when you explore, haha.

Rudiger Dorn's Las Vegas coming to the App Store on May 9th according to Ravensburger.
They will have async multiplayer and implement the white dice (which is important from reading reviews )

Now someone needs to implement Rudiger Dorn's Jambo, which would be brilliant on iOS.

I'd be up for a live game of Eclipse. Let me know when it's going down.

Its your turn in 2 Stone Age matches too! gogogo!

Just bought Neuroshima Hex, do you suggest to buy the races too?

I would say play against the AI for a few matches till you know whats going on, and if you like it buy all the armies, everyone of them is awesome and gives you a complete new way to play. Highly worth it if you enjoy the game.

lol I even bought the expansion and haven't made it through the tutorial yet. I think I'll sit this one out.

Bah, thats no excuse! Learn it and play it!! Im putting you in the tournament, shut up and have fun! :p

- Draft
- Show Wounds
- Single Match

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Mercviper | Mercviper
blahness | blahness
Squirrel Killer | squirrel_killer
Eznark | Eznark
Heel | [SLADE] <---SEE !!! NOW YOU HAVE TOO!

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Slacker | Slacker
Smiley90 | Smiley1790
AirBrian | AirBrian
Mercviper | Mercviper
AstroLad | AstroLad
Flynn | Triphibian
blahness | blahness

Heel

Bah, thats no excuse! Learn it and play it!! Im putting you in the tournament, shut up and have fun! :p

- Draft
- Show Wounds
- Single Match

Signups

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Mercviper | Mercviper
blahness | blahness
Eznark | Eznark
Heel | [SLADE] <---SEE !!! NOW YOU HAVE TOO!

lol I'll give it a try.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
To be fair it's a really complicated game that takes 45m+ to teach IRL. There is really no mobile board game tutorial that's truly great imo (even Carc's is wanting in some areas like farms, and that game is uber simple) but they did a good job what what they had I think. Next step I would suggest reading through the in-game manual and you'll have all the core game down. It's so simple and fun once you just learn it.

Top Bottom