• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Quasar

"Attention, Farmers!
Agricola has been submitted to Apple!

As many of you know, the process forward will take a little while. So look for further updates in the near future. Thanks so much to our volunteer testers and to the amazing team here at Playdek. We have all been looking forward to sharing this game with all of you and we we have really appreciated everyone's enthusiasm."

After all this time I hope they didn't screw it up.

ChronoDK

Neo Member
Can't wait to play Agricola - I have never won a game of Agricola, so this is the perfect opportunity to get better at the game >:)

Slacker

NS Hex update: Sorry blahness our game disappeared before we started. >__< Resending the invite.

Edit: and DONE. Great game, blah. Slacker (New York) wins over Blahness (Outpost) 14 to 10 (I think - may have forgotten the score).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Neuroshima
AstroLad (Hegemony) 16
eznark (Vegas) 15

Can't get much closer than that. From start to finish I don't think we were more than one point apart.

eznark

Banned
Man I haven't played as that LV team before, I am positive I totally fucked up every turn. They have so many cool interesting units.

Good game man, came down to literally the last piece.

Flynn

Neuroshima:

Flynn (Smart) 14
AirBrian (Outpost) 11

BKMoyP_CQAIYbTy.jpg:large

GG, AirBrian!

AirBrian

Good game, Flynn! I totally botched my last move! I had a move tile and instead of trying position my player to attack your city, I should've moved my city so your double-hitter didn't get two hits. Bah, lessons learned. That was a really fun game though...first time I played against that faction. Those tiles that don't allow me to place tiles are nasty!

eznark

Banned
I started a 4 person game of Eclispe but the invite system is weird. I either invited too many or too few people so accept when you get a chance!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I started a 4 person game of Eclispe but the invite system is weird. I either invited too many or too few people so accept when you get a chance!

Yeah I think it lets you over-invite and just starts when the right number is there (which is a good system if that's what it is).

Also kudos to all the gaffers in our GAF games, moving at a really brisk pace now. Super impressive that most of those games are halfway through already.

mercviper

Yeah I think it lets you over-invite and just starts when the right number is there (which is a good system if that's what it is).

Also kudos to all the gaffers in our GAF games, moving at a really brisk pace now. Super impressive that most of those games are halfway through already.

I think the only big hold-ups are when 2 players are in combat with another.

Heel

I'm totally going to read that Nightfall tutorial tonight. I'm serious. I really am. We'll be playing in no time.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Can we start putting together a list of people who want to play Eclipse regularly? Just post GAF-GC name and I'll put it in the OP.

Eclipse Players
AstroLad/AstroLad
RaySpencer/RaySpencer
mercviper/mercviper
XiaNaphryz/XiaNaphryz
Flynn/Triphibian
Octobot/MechaOctobot

Flynn

Good game, Flynn! I totally botched my last move! I had a move tile and instead of trying position my player to attack your city, I should've moved my city so your double-hitter didn't get two hits. Bah, lessons learned. That was a really fun game though...first time I played against that faction. Those tiles that don't allow me to place tiles are nasty!

Yeah, I am pretty sure that those two rounds where you couldn't get anything down turned the tide for me. You had me on the run from the start.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Can we start putting together a list of people who want to play Eclipse regularly? Just post GAF-GC name and I'll put it in the OP.

Eclipse Players
AstroLad/AstroLad
RaySpencer/RaySpencer
mercviper/mercviper

XiaNaphryz/XiaNaphryz

octobot

Eclipse Players
AstroLad/AstroLad
RaySpencer/RaySpencer
mercviper/mercviper
XiaNaphryz/XiaNaphryz
Flynn/Triphibian

Octobot/MechaOctobot

tm24

tm24/tm24

Also, in GAFSTRO2, my planta are OP as shit. Got super lucky on some discoveries and now im toally going to destroy Rayspencer. Sorry bro

eznark

Banned

Eclipse Players
AstroLad/AstroLad
RaySpencer/RaySpencer
mercviper/mercviper
XiaNaphryz/XiaNaphryz
Flynn/Triphibian
Octobot/MechaOctobot

eznark/eznark

CzarTim

Eclipse Players
AstroLad/AstroLad
RaySpencer/RaySpencer
mercviper/mercviper
XiaNaphryz/XiaNaphryz
Flynn/Triphibian
Octobot/MechaOctobot
tm24/tm24
eznark/eznark
CzarTim/Czartim

Slacker

Eclipse Players
AstroLad/AstroLad
RaySpencer/RaySpencer
mercviper/mercviper
XiaNaphryz/XiaNaphryz
Flynn/Triphibian
Octobot/MechaOctobot
tm24/tm24
eznark/eznark
CzarTim/Czartim
Slacker/Slacker

1v1? If so you're not supposed to use Draco or Planta in 2p games. :)

Nope! It's ina big match.

Your not supposed to use Planta in a 2p match either though! So if anything I think a Planta vs Draco match would be ok anyway :p

Edit: read your post wrong! Missed that you also said Planta. Haha. Whoops.

eznark

Banned
Ugh, battles are totally fucked in this game. There really needs to be just an autoresolve in online multiplayer. Would that be so awful?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ugh, battles are totally fucked in this game. There really needs to be just an autoresolve in online multiplayer. Would that be so awful?

I don't think it's horrible unless you have a lot of battles going on, but I did tweet the suggestion to BigDaddy's. No reason to not have an async mode that just uses the NPC/ancients damage-assignment rules.

eznark

Banned
I don't think it's horrible unless you have a lot of battles going on, but I did tweet the suggestion to BigDaddy's. No reason to not have an async mode that just uses the NPC/ancients damage-assignment rules.

Ray and I have been fighting one battle all day long.

That was a weird game of NH Squirrel Killer.... Ive never played NeoJungle as a kamakazi style army before, it was fun, haha.

Ray (NeoJungle) 15 v Squirrel Killer (Outpost) 5

Kosh

I've picked up Eclipse, but haven't had time to get into yet due to work. I'll hopefully have time next week to get through the tutorial and start playing.

Eclipse Players
AstroLad/AstroLad
RaySpencer/RaySpencer
mercviper/mercviper
XiaNaphryz/XiaNaphryz
Flynn/Triphibian
Octobot/MechaOctobot
tm24/tm24
eznark/eznark
CzarTim/Czartim
Slacker/Slacker
Kosh/Kosh One

eznark

Banned
Where do I see wounds though?

Also, thanks for the Eclipse game. About halfway through I figured out what I was doing (mechanically) but didn't want to resign because I wanted to try all the different systems and interactions. Sorry for wasting your time but you got a free win out of it!

Top Bottom