• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah. I like to get rid of the stock cards ASAP, but that was a little useless since I didn't gain anything from it either.

Great draw on that chain, 5 damage so early in the match is great.

Now THAT is what I'd call a fuckup, one does not simply play a 1-card-chain and expect to get away with that. :p

Not bad on that next chain though...

Now THAT is what I'd call a fuckup, one does not simply play a 1-card-chain and expect to get away with that. :p

Not bad on that next chain though...

Yeah, I really wanted those 2 cards though. Haha.

My strategy is really bad in nightfall, it works really well against new people, but I don't get to play enough games against people that know what they are doing, which is what I need to do so I can expand my strategy.

I wiiiiin I wiiiiiin!

:p Good, fast game! 11-10 win for me. :p

Holy shit! Great deck man. Well played. That was quick as fuck.

It's not often that someone gets hit with 6 damage at the end of the game and still wins like that. Haha.

Well played man, we need to play some more games.

Edit: let's get a winner of the 3rd place game and call this tournament!

Smiley90

Holy shit! Great deck man. Well played. That was quick as fuck.

It's not often that someone gets hit with 6 damage at the end of the game and still wins like that. Haha.

Well played man, we need to play some more games.

Edit: let's get a winner of the 3rd place game and call this tournament!

To be fair, I counted possible damage and looked at the wound counter. I knew how much damage I needed to prevent.

I won that game thanks to getting the double-direct-damage with the chain kicker. ;)

To be fair, I counted possible damage and looked at the wound counter. I knew how much damage I needed to prevent.

I won that game thanks to getting the double-direct-damage with the chain kicker. ;)

Yeah that was slick, and getting your Sir John Travail so quick after picking him up was great. Those two chains were at least 10 of that damage, I think it was actually all 11.

Great job Smiley!

SMILEY THE KING OF NIGHTFALL

eznark

Banned
I agree, Nightfall is a lot of knowing the cards. I was very surprised by your draft, too, the cards you chose were by far not the best ones available, and then you didn't use any of them later, either... I'll write it down as a win by experience.

Now the final is the long-lasting Nightfall rivalry between Ray and me in a tourney, haha. Not bad.

I don't know what any of the cards do except for the ones in the tutorial. I used those exclusively to win my first game so I tried it again! Honestly I just kind of dislike the general flow of the game, at least in asynch form. Oh well, can't like everything. I'll definitely play a bit more and see if it clicks.

Slacker

Seems like Agricola is taking a while. I hope there wasn't a problem during the Apple review process. It was submitted May 11.

Jonnyram

Anyone up for some Lost Cities?
My list of Carc. games is depleted too. If anyone would like to invite me, feel free.
In other news, looks like AirBrian kicked me off his friends list :(

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/19745?commentid=3818826#comment3818826

This partly explains the Agricola delay.
Resubmitted for a MP change.

This is really shitty. playdek has been kind of crap lately honestly. Haha.

No summoner wars updates yet
Only 1 nightfall expansion
Getting behind on Ascension expansions (this might not be their fault though)
Penny arcade still isn't iphone 5 sized
Rumours of Smash Up! being canceled.

Still great games all around, and they did a good job making them, try have just been letting me down a lot lately.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It is so aggravating to have to play out a NH game after you misplaced a couple of tiles super early.

And take your Eclipse turns merc! :)

Almost done with the Gafstro game. Think it might be the first 4+ Eclipse GAF game completed. Really close too.

mercviper

It is so aggravating to have to play out a NH game after you misplaced a couple of tiles super early.

Almost done with the Gafstro game. Think it might be the first 4+ Eclipse GAF game completed. Really close too.

I'm taking them! Sad the beep boop game was lost because of the holiday. I think I had a chance defending against ray too!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm taking them! Sad the beep boop game was lost because of the holiday. I think I had a chance defending against ray too!
Yeah sorry haha think I was looking at the wrong game. Bummer indeed but no holidays for a while so let's finish the rest! (And maybe start a new one?)

CzarTim

Whats stopping people from just not taking their turn when they are losing and ruining everything for everyone.

BLARG!

That's very true. Though I was playing a pub game where someone quit and the AI took over. Not sure why it didn't this time.

The game itself is cool, but I think the app is shit. Five games. Takes too long to see your online games. Can't look around when it isn't your turn. No ELO or rankings. Chat isn't async. No way to limit turn timers. Just ugh.

That's very true. Though I was playing a pub game where someone quit and the AI took over. Not sure why it didn't this time.

The game itself is cool, but I think the app is shit. Five games. Takes too long to see your online games. Can't look around when it isn't your turn. No ELO or rankings. Chat isn't async. No way to limit turn timers. Just ugh.

Yeah, if people dont take their turn in 3 days, just make THEM drop, dont kill the whole game. I understand they dont want to have a million servers to keep track of all this shit, but maybe they can put this in.

Can't connect to Playdek's servers for Ascension. Is this a promising omen......

Nightfall too.

Edit: ha ha - probably not as they are back up now.

AirBrian

Anyone up for some Lost Cities?
My list of Carc. games is depleted too. If anyone would like to invite me, feel free.
In other news, looks like AirBrian kicked me off his friends list :(
Weird...not sure what happened. That was not my intention...re-added! :)

AirBrian

Stop trying to play while driving!

(Our game is ridiculously one-sided so I'm blaming that!)

Yeah, if people dont take their turn in 3 days, just make THEM drop, dont kill the whole game. I understand they dont want to have a million servers to keep track of all this shit, but maybe they can put this in.

Quoting myself to say that I asked BigDaddysCreations and they said that doing that was 'not possible', which well isnt true, im sure its possible, but probably really hard to implement into something after they have already designed all of their net code shit.

So, we are SOL.

But if you jerks dont take your turns again I will ban you from tournaments!!!
Im not serious, but I will be angry :p
Bring your phone and do a wifi hotspot just 1 time at night on the weekend and the problem is solved!

Its a little bit of a pain to lose a NH game thats 2 players and you have like 6 tiles left, it sucks, but thats a fast game, when you lose a 4-6 player long ass Eclipse game thats on round 8 or 9 its a massive pain in the ass.

OK! Im done being grumpy, carry on :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nice thing is I still have 6 or so Eclipse GAF games going, a couple of which are really close to completion. I feel like I haven't had a turn in the 6p "GAF" one in a while, but I'm getting wiped out in that one anyway :p.

Nice thing is I still have 6 or so Eclipse GAF games going, a couple of which are really close to completion. I feel like I haven't had a turn in the 6p "GAF" one in a while, but I'm getting wiped out in that one anyway :p.

Yeah, for the most part its going really well.

I should probably start up a couple smaller games too 2-3 people, just for shiggles.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, for the most part its going really well.

I should probably start up a couple smaller games too 2-3 people, just for shiggles.

I need to put that Eclipse players list in the OP, but that's a good pool to draw from. Would love a relatively active 6P game.

Czartim as to your points, I guess I've just gotten used to BDC's little quirks like their weird chat and other issues. I think the app itself is actually awesome -- it does a great job of presenting an incredibly complex board and player space in a really easy-to-digest manner. What is lacking is the features you mention, but again I still think as a whole given the quality of the underlying game the app is still pretty great.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ok I know I have the list but let's do sign-ups. And let's call it a championship too. :p

Eclipse 6P GAF Championship
Please sign up only if you can check for turns multiple times/day!

1. AstroLad
2. RaySpencer
3. eznark
4. tm24
5. Slacker

Ok I know I have the list but let's do sign-ups. And let's call it a championship too. :p

Eclipse 6P GAF Championship
Please sign up only if you can check for turns multiple times/day!

1. AstroLad
2. RaySpencer
3. eznark
4. tm24

Yes, Im at Auto Invite status.

Didn't hit "ready" so I guess it deleted the game hahah. Resent.

Oh yeah Ive done that a lot in NH, not in Eclipse yet though!

Im going to have to create a game to get to play Hydran you dirty Hydran fiend!

I havent played Human in the actual board game, but after seeing Tim pick them in pretty much every game, I decided to give them a go. I like them quite a bit, the low trade is great, the 3 moves is awesome, and they got really rad lookin ships in the app :p

I will give them a go next time I play the boardgame.

Smiley90

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but given we talked about SolForge before, I felt like it's appropriate:

HEX MMO Trading Card game just added Tablet (iOS & Android) support to its stretch goal, so it'll come to iOS! And it looks pretty damn amazing. It's a trading card game with customizable cards (equpiment & slots), basically. I pledged, we'll see what it brings. :p It looks extremely polished already, if you take a look at the gameplay video. Even Duels of the Planeswalker (the MTG "casual" online game) doesn't look as polished, not to mention MTGO, which looks... like crap.

Aaaaand they did it! So we have another TCG (only an MMO TCG, fun idea) coming to iOS through kickstarter, after SolForge. Not sure if anybody else here has pledged/is interested, but I feel like it was worth sharing haha.

Also, is it bad that I'm contemplating buying an iPad on top of my Nexus 7, just because I want to play more boardgames (like Eclipse -grrrr-) with you guys? :(

Aaaaand they did it! So we have another TCG (only an MMO TCG, fun idea) coming to iOS through kickstarter, after SolForge. Not sure if anybody else here has pledged/is interested, but I feel like it was worth sharing haha.

Also, is it bad that I'm contemplating buying an iPad on top of my Nexus 7, just because I want to play more boardgames (like Eclipse -grrrr-) with you guys? :(

Im really hesitant with CCGs now, I bought so many WoW CCG cards, and barely played that game at all, and if I started again, I would have to buy a whole new set of cards, which is some serious bullshit, haha. I loved Yugioh back on my GBA though, hahaha.

Hex has me interested for sure, I didnt put anything into the KickStarter, but it does sound pretty cool, so I will be keeping an eye on it for sure. Sol Forge demo game was super boring to me though, so Im pretty sure I wont be playing that.

BUY AN IPAD SMILEY! Normally I would say get a retina mini when those come out, but since you have a Nexus 7, youve already got an awesome little tablet, so you might as well go for the full sized one. I would just recommend getting a 16gig one though, since there isnt many game that are iPad only that are worth playing for very long. Mines 32gig and its WAY more than I would ever need, I keep so many dumb games on there just because I have the space.

Top Bottom