• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm actually enjoying it a lot now as it is. I can see how the stuff works I'm just having trouble putting it into practice. I kind of feel like I still don't know how things interact in Le Havre, so this is a nice step up!

Yeah exactly (I prefer Agricola quite a bit myself). The rough strategy is grow your house, then grow your family, then pick up all the points you've been missing out on (going from -1 to 1 just for picking up one sheep or whatever can be a big deal, as can building big fences and the like). Of course the occs and improvements you get can make this vary widely.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, I think the 4 we got are all pretty good in a 4 player game.

Not sure I liked the first 2 rounds of gang up on Ray though :p

You jerks!

Double terror is really insanely OP if you can get it, but you can also get them both on the last turn after all the other tiles have been placed, but it just hasnt been working that way for me or other people playing SMART lately.

Happened to me in my game as SMART against Astro :( And in the turn after I got terror I didn't get any units :lol

Also honestly, I have no idea who's which colour in our FFA game, so I wouldn't really consider that purposely ganging up. :p

eznark

Banned
Yeah exactly (I prefer Agricola quite a bit myself). The rough strategy is grow your house, then grow your family, then pick up all the points you've been missing out on (going from -1 to 1 just for picking up one sheep or whatever can be a big deal, as can building big fences and the like). Of course the occs and improvements you get can make this vary widely.

Yeah, I've kind of been scatter shot just to get a feel for what everything does. That's one of the things I like about the asynch games, I can monkey around and know there will be another game immediately.

Off-topic but did you grab CoH2?

Smiley90

Yeah, I've kind of been scatter shot just to get a feel for what everything does. That's one of the things I like about the asynch games, I can monkey around and know there will be another game immediately.

Question not directed at me, but I`ve had it pre-ordered since December.

Happened to me in my game as SMART against Astro :( And in the turn after I got terror I didn't get any units :lol

Also honestly, I have no idea who's which colour in our FFA game, so I wouldn't really consider that purposely ganging up. :p

Sure sure. I dont believe you Smiley!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Yes although I need to start playing it in earnest. I'm an SP-only RTSer though.

Not trying to stay off topic, but how's coh2? I'm a big big fan of the DoW games, but didnt spend much time in CoH. I'm not a big WW2 nut, so I think the theme losses me a little.

I love the new Ascension expansion. I was able to totally banish my initial deck by like round 5/6

Yeah getting rid of the shitty start cards is great in the expansion. I hate bloat cards, it's something Nightfall does really well, since once your starter cards are used they get removed. Obviously you can't do that in ascension, so it's nice that they seem to have given more cards to help remove the shit.

Well good games Astro. You got super unlucky in both matches that's for sure.

Game 1
cKi0UAH.jpg

Game 2

Smiley90

Gonna quote this for Smiley, since people there are wondering where the fuck he is. :p

Argh. It was my birthday this weekend, gimme a break :p

I have exactly 0 games played with Immortal Heroes. I'm gonna lose so badly lol.

Heel

Carcassonne version 3.11 update is out.

This update contains a often requested game analysis mode, that allows players to drill down into scoring after a game is finished. Find out exactly about the field that lost you the game, and who's to blame!

FEATURES

• A new tally display that shows a detailed overview of scores during a game.
• A new scoring visualization that enables players to review a game down to every little detail, once it is finished.

FIXED

• A bug related to builder bonus moves and discarded tiles.
• Better indicators showing whether it's your turn in another game.
• Goods scoring at the end of a game could cause the table to remain dark
• Better table positioning when using "Next Table" to switch between games.
• Slight layout issues in the player banners.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I love Catan, and I think BDC does a good job with their games....but imagine if they got Eclipse!! ooooh maaah gooooaawwwwdd.

Based on Lost Cities and Carc, I'm not sure they want to/are capable of handling crunchy games like that. But there are plenty of simple games that they would handle brilliantly. Pretty much most gateways -- Ticket to Ride, etc.

I'm still upset they got rid of chat though for Lost Cities. :/

Based on Lost Cities and Carc, I'm not sure they want to/are capable of handling crunchy games like that. But there are plenty of simple games that they would handle brilliantly. Pretty much most gateways -- Ticket to Ride, etc.

I'm still upset they got rid of chat though for Lost Cities. :/

Yeah you're right. I just wish BDC would step it up just a little bit.

LC is weird, its a great iOS game and plays and works amazing, but when you see what the company has done with Carc it just makes you sad, haha.

How do you decline invites in Agricola? haha I honestly cant find anything anywhere.

I need to finish more games before I start any new ones.

edit: NM its just something you can only do from the main screen, and not from the game list when you're already in a match.

PFD

Is ascension crashing frequently for anyone else? Every time an opponent plays twofold Askara, my game crashes (on both ipad and iPhone). Cost me two forfeits so far :(

Smiley90

I like to think Eznark put his fighter there to help me eliminate the ranged guy from Ray, and not because he didn't realize I had turned my HQ the turn before. :p Joys of playing Vegas! :D

PFD

How exactly can I invite gamecenter friends in Ascension after the update? My in-game friends list is empty

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I like to think Eznark put his fighter there to help me eliminate the ranged guy from Ray, and not because he didn't realize I had turned my HQ the turn before. :p Joys of playing Vegas! :D

I freaking hate Vegas sometimes. They should make that super subtle little arrow a giant neon monstrosity so people actually notice it. :p

PFD

Screwed in that you'll have to add Ascension players manually in-game.

Alright. I'll try adding the people on the spreadsheet with the assumption that their Playdek username is the same as their GC one.

If you want to add me, my username is Pray For Death. I'm dying to play some matches!

Smiley90

YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to lose, but at least eznark and smiley won't be at 20/20!! Mwahaha.

xTTgbbE.jpg

I take damage on myself on purpose so that you guys would have an opening to attack eznark for the first time, but no, you guys instead attack me and eznark gets to turtle himself up again. You guys... At least ONE of you (looking at you ray, you had the spot to attack him empty!) could have attacked him.

Also yeah oO, looks I got booted from that game? I'll have to check...

eznark

Banned
I take damage on myself on purpose so that you guys would have an opening to attack eznark for the first time, but no, you guys instead attack me and eznark gets to turtle himself up again. You guys... At least ONE of you (looking at you ray, you had the spot to attack him empty!) could have attacked him.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

I placed a dude purely based on who was in the lead. Think it was 19-18 at the time. 4p NH is fun but totally fucked hahah. Kingmaking and imbalances left and right, especially since Ray and I were pretty much toast after round two (well frankly after the armies were picked :p). Think I've gotten like two guys on the board the whole game and I've been netted since turn 1 with nothing I could ever do about it.

galvatron

Figured I'd give you a boost of confidence after dashing your World Cup hopes.

Your Friend,
Heel

Ha, I'm 3 matches in and I had no idea we had even started. Even missed the rule change to include SoS...it explains my awful draws, though, as that's a bit of a tradition in tourney's for me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ha, I'm 3 matches in and I had no idea we had even started. Even missed the rule change to include SoS...it explains my awful draws, though, as that's a bit of a tradition in tourney's for me.

That's the tough part about no chat -- have to treat every game like a tourney game because you can't be warned!

Smiley90

I placed a dude purely based on who was in the lead. Think it was 19-18 at the time. 4p NH is fun but totally fucked hahah. Kingmaking and imbalances left and right, especially since Ray and I were pretty much toast after round two (well frankly after the armies were picked :p). Think I've gotten like two guys on the board the whole game and I've been netted since turn 1 with nothing I could ever do about it.

Well I'm not blaming you, I'm blaming Ray mostly. You saw a board that had eznark turtled, me being attacked and you with a chance to either poke at eznark's wall or damage me.

Ray on the other hand had both eznark (for like the first time) and me open. Eznark was obviously gonna attack me, and you Astro weren't gonna have an opening on eznark, so you were gonna attack me anyway. So 2 guys attack me, 0 attack eznark. What does Ray do? Also attack me, making it 0 attackers on eznark and giving him more turtle power and 3 on me. Now we have to break eznark's wall again. I'm not taking the hit on me this time!

Also Astro getting netted all game is just cruel :lol

EDIT: Ray did it again. I swear, he's just mad he lost in both Tourneys against me, he doesn't care who wins, as long as it's not me. GROW UP OILERS FAN. :p

Top Bottom