• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

I was first after the last battle and I put my stuff toward you because you have the most health. :p

Why blame the guy that's been losing the game the whole time! Haha.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I was first after the last battle and I put my stuff toward you because you have the most health. :p

Why blame the guy that's been losing the game the whole time! Haha.

Because you're the only one who can damage eznark. Whereas eznark and Astro are attacking me anyway. Eznark because of course he will, and astro because he can't get to eznark and he sure won't attack you. :p And I have my hands full with defending myself against all 3 of you right now :lol

Crying like a Canuck fan :p

It's just a goofy game, I focused you because I can hit the guy with the most HP and still have something in front of my base to protect me from losing even more HP than I already have. Your the one moving up towards my base, that's a pretty aggressive move :p

Smiley90

Crying like a Canuck fan :p

It's just a goofy game, I focused you because I can hit the guy with the most HP and still have something in front of my base to protect me from losing even more HP than I already have. Your the one moving up towards my base, that's a pretty aggressive move :p

It's not like I had any other choice. :p

This game needs consistent chat...

Ok, tired of waiting for the 3rd place matches to end in the NH tournament, and Smiley just told me the matches havent even started, haha. ok. So I cant make it a tie, it wont let me, so Im going to give Smiley 3rd since he was 1st going into the finals. Sorry eznark!

Also, from now on there will be no more 3rd place matches, haha.

Anyway, im going to close out the NH tournament.

NeoGAFNeuroshima Hex Tournament 2 Finals

neogafboardgames-NeoGAFNeuroshimaHexT2Finals.png

Supreme Champion: RaySpencer | RaySpencer
Worthy Adversary: AstroLad | AstroLad
Maybe Next Time: Smiley90 | Smiley1790
4th place: eznark | eznark

It feels stupid winning a tournament I set up :/

PFD

OK galvatron, what the fuck was that? LOL

Banish Tablet of time > bonus turn > retrieve tablet of time > repeat

And I thought I had this game... You went from 20 honor to like 96 in that last turn!

Though I loved it when I stole your henge queen :p

galvatron

OK galvatron, what the fuck was that? LOL

Banish Tablet of time > bonus turn > retrieve tablet of time > repeat

And I thought I had this game... You went from 20 honor to like 96 in that last turn!

Yeah, I actually think you might have had that one normally.

I completely called the henge queen theft ...my luck has been horrible in this game this week :D
After that, I figured I had to go for the long shot since I had started setting it up for the possibility when I first got the reclamax
And banished the Hedron link device on the same turn.

That infinite's been in my back pocket for over a year and I just realized that I had all the parts to make it work in a somewhat unconventional way especially if I stalled and let Dhartha's retreat put in some work...I usually like having a rocket courier in there, but I saw that I could do without it. It's kind of a known hazard of that set and there's an achievement for doing it since it is kind of a perfect storm.

eznark

Banned
I'm going to be an asshole and hold up this agricola game because I need an answer!

In the game with Triphibian, CzarTim and Li Kao I have 6 wood, 5 clay and 3 reed. However when I move to the Build Room and/or Build Stable, it will only let me build a stable. Why is this?

Or...the rooms need to be contiguous - if you can't add a room to what's already there you're out of luck.
Are you blocked in by fields, stables or pastures?

eznark

Banned
Wood rooms, though I'm not totally sure how to upgrade. That is the "renovation" space right? Haven't used that. The expansion is not blocked off by anything.

Sounds like a bug then - can you post a screen shot of your farm just in case its some weird Occupation/improvement combination (that I can't think of)

Ok, I'm bored now because I have no tournaments I'm in or keeping scores for, and also I need MORE Neuroshima Hex!! So I'm gonna run a third tournament for it if enough people still want to play.

No random this time, it was a lot of work and I don't feel it payed off, sooooo Smiley had an awesome idea of making it so have to use every army and depending on how many people we get you can only use each army one time.

The final 4 will reset the army usage, but it will become a best of 3, so it's possible you would need to use 6 armies on the way to winning it all.

The other thing is I'm not sure if it should be Swiss rules again or just rounds so everyone plays each other, so if your signing up and have played in both tournaments let me know if you liked it better in the first tourney or the second one.

Also, any input on any part of the tournament is good, it's hard to tell what you guys like and dislike.

I hope all that makes sense.

Anyway I will start sign ups now I guess and probably let them go till Monday? Since its a holiday for you yanks.

Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3
RaySpencer

It'll be more work to keep track of, but less work initially. Haha. We don't get too many NH signups usually, much less than ascension or carc so keeping track of like 10 ish people and what armies of the 9 they have used shouldn't be too bad.

Smiley90

It'll be more work to keep track of, but less work initially. Haha. We don't get too many NH signups usually, much less than ascension or carc so keeping track of like 10 ish people and what armies of the 9 they have used shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah, as long as people post what teams they won games with it'll be good. I came up with the idea mainly because it means we have to be able to use all armies... And it introduces an extra "tactical" element, e.g. Which teams will you use against which opponent.

I'm in, of course. :p

CzarTim

Every time I get a new board game, I'm like "why did I get this game, I have no idea what I'm doing." Takes time, but I get it.

Yeah. I won't force people to spend money, but it would be best and easier for me if you had them all.

Plus they are all awesome and quite different from each other.

RaySpencer
eznark
CzarTim
Smiley
Slacker
Mercviper
Superrobot

blahness

Yeah. I won't force people to spend money, but it would be best and easier for me if you had them all.

RaySpencer
eznark
CzarTim
Smiley
Slacker
Mercviper
Superrobot

Count me in. I have all armies now :)

bonesquad

RaySpencer
eznark
CzarTim
Smiley
Slacker
Mercviper
Superrobot

Now that my perfect streak in Ascension was broken, I'm back in for any NH tourney if there's still room. I have all the armies:)

Getting a good turnout of people! That's awesome, more people need to love NH!

RaySpencer
eznark
CzarTim
Smiley
Slacker
Mercviper
Superrobot
blahness
AstroLad
bonesquad

Maledict

I managed to go infinite in Immortal Heroes last night - didn't realise it was possible but I guess in any small set it could happen if you think the deck enough.

Still struggling to accurately judge the new cards. Feels like soul gems are often over costed except on a few cards. Overall feels like life bound is exceptionally strong if you can grab a few cards early on - Spider Witches in particular, especially given there is three of them in the set,

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I managed to go infinite in Immortal Heroes last night - didn't realise it was possible but I guess in any small set it could happen if you think the deck enough.

Still struggling to accurately judge the new cards. Feels like soul gems are often over costed except on a few cards. Overall feels like life bound is exceptionally strong if you can grab a few cards early on - Spider Witches in particular, especially given there is three of them in the set,
Yeah I really do think IH needs to be watered down with at least one set. Though I don't know what the recommended setup is.

Smiley90

I get THREE turn-tiles on the second-to last turn and 0 on the last. Exactly how I wanted it. This one's gonna be a nailbiter... Ray can still move or replace his.

Smiley90

ROFL Ray didn't even TRY to keep it close. LOL. Just plain out "fuck Smiley", I see. :D

EDIT: Even Astro might've won that game, if Ray kept attacking eznark. So weird, haha.

galvatron

I can't get into Ascension because it says that I don't have the latest version, but the App Store doesn't seem to have a pending update...

Top Bottom