• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Ascension list: I tried to add everyone. The users in bold were listed as "not found in the database."

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
9. Diesel Pioneer / superrobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily

edit: Didn't find 'Squirrel Killer' or 'squirrelkiller' either.
Try Squirrel_Killer.

LugNut74

I would like to join the Ascension tourney if still allowing signups. Username is LugNut74. I should already be in the google spreadsheet. Thanks.

bonesquad

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily
18. Li Kao
19. justjeff

I'm in for Immortal Heroes now that I can show my face around here again.

F2q5vDv.png

Whoo! You don't need to be good, you just need to persevere. For like what, 5 months?

DukeSucks

Just got home from vac, updated ascension and got the expansion. Haven't played it yet, but sign me up for the tourney anyway!

GC: _LOLduke_
Playdeck: DukeSucks

P.S. sorry for the slow turns in carc and 'cola the past week :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I noticed that those monsters that buff each other's points are SUPER powerful in IH alone. Think adding a big-box expansion probably strikes the perfect balance.

Here is my final-ish list. Please edit and add to if I missed you or you need to supplement info. I'll sort and get this started midnight pacific I'm aiming.

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily
18. Li Kao
19. bonesquad/justjeff
20. _LOLduke_/DukeSucks
21. soldat7
22. Squirrel_Killer
23. LugNut74

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... you know how it was always impossible for people to send me GC invites for games that didn't have separate accounts?

... Apparently my in-gamecenter "accept invites" setting was turned off. For whatever reason. I didn't even know there was an option for that. Full Credit to LI KAO for sending me a PM pointing that setting out to me.

So... I should be able to be invited for games now! (e.g. that Le Havre match we had planned, or Stone Age, or whatever).

LI KAO IS A WIZARD

PRAISE HIM

mercviper

Yeah I noticed that those monsters that buff each other's points are SUPER powerful in IH alone. Think adding a big-box expansion probably strikes the perfect balance.

Here is my final-ish list. Please edit and add to if I missed you or you need to supplement info. I'll sort and get this started midnight pacific I'm aiming.

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily
18. Li Kao
19. bonesquad/justjeff
20. _LOLduke_/DukeSucks
21. soldat7
22. Squirrel_Killer
23. LugNut74
24. Mercviper

Missed me

Heel

So... you know how it was always impossible for people to send me GC invites for games that didn't have separate accounts?

... Apparently my in-gamecenter "accept invites" setting was turned off. For whatever reason. I didn't even know there was an option for that. Full Credit to LI KAO for sending me a PM pointing that setting out to me.

So... I should be able to be invited for games now! (e.g. that Le Havre match we had planned, or Stone Age, or whatever).

LI KAO IS A WIZARD

PRAISE HIM

This thread's greatest mystery has finally been solved. Well done, Li Kao Holmes.

LI KAO IS A WIZARD

PRAISE HIM

I told you 2 times that it was set to not accepting invites :p

Li Kao

I told you 2 times that it was set to not accepting invites :p

Umph, but did you send the magical link explaining it all ? Did you offer kind words in these very dark times for our friend ? Let it go, it's ok to say it, everybody will understand. Repeat after me : Thank you based Li Kao, praise the sun.

Happy to have been of any help ( ^_^)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It certainly didnt help that you got pretty much just all buff tiles so far though. But when your own Borgo Net guy is being used against you it sure does suck :(

I don't think I've played a Vegas game yet where I didn't plop down a powerful character right into an already taken over space at least once. One day I'll learn! Until then I'll just hope not to play Vegas. :p

I don't think I've played a Vegas game yet where I didn't plop down a powerful character right into an already taken over space at least once. One day I'll learn! Until then I'll just hope not to play Vegas. :p

Yeah, I do that too. Or I try to net the take over tile from the front. Haha.

I hate Vegas, they are fine and probably balanced, I just how how they play, just such an annoying pain in the ass team. It probably didnt help I get my ass handed to me by you and hereafter with your Vegas army. I know hereafter used to crush me with them everytime and I would just got angry and annoyed at how the game played out. Haha.

Oh well, NeoJungle vs SMART should be interesting.

eznark

Banned
What am I supposed to do with animals if I have no means to cook them? This is the worst upgrade deck ever.

I should really read the directions on this game.

Smiley90

I'm so happy nobody got NeoJungle for our FFA game. They'd be grossly underpowered in a 4p game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What am I supposed to do with animals if I have no means to cook them? This is the worst upgrade deck ever.

I should really read the directions on this game.

hahaha. yeah you need a fireplace or hearth. (or pasture)

Double Terror again. Its so crazy when that happens and its happened like 4/5 of the SMART games ive seen lately.

yeah dude i'm totally screwed in that game. :/ oh well gg and good tournament!

Smiley90

There's also an occupation card (meat-seller) that lets you sell/cook animals at any oven.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There's also an occupation card (meat-seller) that lets you sell/cook animals at any oven.

Yeah chopping up animals is a nice way to get food. I do it a lot IRL but haven't done it as much in the app. It's obviously totally dependent on what other players are doing and what animal availability is.

eznark

Banned
I'm still focused on just not trying to take beggar cards. I need to get a better feel for the flow of the game. I think starting like 6 games at the same time has totally boned me in that regard!

Smiley90

Yeah chopping up animals is a nice way to get food. I do it a lot IRL but haven't done it as much in the app. It's obviously totally dependent on what other players are doing and what animal availability is.

Say what now? :lol

I know you meant the boardgame in real life, but it sounded hilarious when I first read it

eznark

Banned
Haha yeah it's kind of sink or swim. But once you learn how to swim it will be joyous!

I'm actually enjoying it a lot now as it is. I can see how the stuff works I'm just having trouble putting it into practice. I kind of feel like I still don't know how things interact in Le Havre, so this is a nice step up!

I'm so happy nobody got NeoJungle for our FFA game. They'd be grossly underpowered in a 4p game.

Yeah, I think the 4 we got are all pretty good in a 4 player game.

Not sure I liked the first 2 rounds of gang up on Ray though :p

You jerks!

Double terror is really insanely OP if you can get it, but you can also get them both on the last turn after all the other tiles have been placed, but it just hasnt been working that way for me or other people playing SMART lately.

Top Bottom