• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Updated list for Ascension Immortal tourney. Thinking of doing World-Cup style with groups then playoffs. If I missed your name or you have a different GC name please post in bold. (Also if you still want to join.)

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
9. Diesel Pioneer / superrobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Amazing NHEX game Astro. Sooo strategic lol. Tons of fun. It came down to whether or not I'd get ANY unit on my last turn... And I didn't -facepal-

So.. We tied so... Repeat the match with the same teams? How do we do ties in a best of 3? :D New random teams or same teams?

mercviper

Updated list for Ascension Immortal tourney. Thinking of doing World-Cup style with groups then playoffs. If I missed your name or you have a different GC name please post in bold. (Also if you still want to join.)

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily
18. Mercviper

Adding myself

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Haha yeah if I just hadn't plopped down that 2-strength unit right into your $ thing wouldn't have to worry about the tie. :p One of the reasons I hate playing Vegas, you actually have to pay attention to what you're doing.

I dunno what to do in terms of tournament.

Ray:
-I won game 1.
-Game 2 was tied.

To be fair the post-game screen does say "Winner" for both players so I'd say it's a 2-1 series win. :D

Smiley90

Haha yeah if I just hadn't plopped down that 2-strength unit right into your $ thing wouldn't have to worry about the tie. :p One of the reasons I hate playing Vegas, you actually have to pay attention to what you're doing.

I dunno what to do in terms of tournament.

Ray:
-I won game 1.
-Game 2 was tied.

To be fair the post-game screen does say "Winner" for both players so I'd say it's a 2-1 series win. :D

Lol that's so not how it works! It's a tie, if I wok game 3 both our records would be 1-1-1 (or if you consider game 2 a win for both, then both our records would be 2-2)

So... We definitely have to replay this one. :p Question is just whether same armies or random armies. I don't really care, I'll leave that up to ray to decide?

If I win game 3, neither of us would be the "best of 3", since we'd have an identical record. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey, the game called me a winner -- what authority is more definitive than that!? :D

I'm up for just moving on to Game 3 though, and then maybe Ray can generate some more random armies if we need a Game 4.

Smiley90

Hey, the game called me a winner -- what authority is more definitive than that!? :D

I'm up for just moving on to Game 3 though, and then maybe Ray can generate some more random armies if we need a Game 4.

Even if the game does call you a winner - so was I, so in a"best of 3" series we could still both come out with 2 wins 2 losses :p but yeah let's do the round 3 armies and by the end we're done ray will tell us what to do about game 4 that will definitely be necessary ;)

octobot

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily

8. Octobot / MechaOctobot

Hmmm. Tough call. You could go by the scores in the game. Like lost cities. Or you could replay it. I say replay with same armies, but I can generate a new set if you guys want.

Edit: read something wrong. Thought game 3 tied for some reason. Just play it again.

Li Kao

A little late as I had not checked this thread for a few days but I'm in for the Ascension tourney. Well I never played it online so I'm not going in with high hopes but it will be my first tourney here guys, I'm all giddy.

Player name should be Li Kao as usual, it is my name in Agricola and I'm updating Ascension as I type this.

Edit - Ayup, Li Kao. Don't know why Playdek has to make these long alarming posts explaining the thing, I'm always stressful that something bad will happen. But scratch that, I'm always stressful, period ^_^

Smiley90

Argh, I forgot you couldnt play any cards after a battle. Noob mistake, couldn't play my terror. Oh well. Probably wouldn't have been enough anyway.

I REMAIN NIGHTFALL CHAMPION AND YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME RAY

ggs Astro! The first game was bad (on my part lol), the last 2 were great! :p

Argh, I forgot you couldnt play any cards after a battle. Noob mistake, couldn't play my terror. Oh well. Probably wouldn't have been enough anyway.

So I take it Astro won 2 games and moves on?

And your right, I can't take away your championship, but I can make you realize it was a fluke by beating you like 10 times in a row!!! Ahhhhhrrrrgg fucking championship game :p.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Haha yeah so easy to make mistakes in NH but the games were great. Thought we'd have another tie there.

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily
Am I too late to add myself?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
the cutoff will be tomorrow at midnight pacific let's say :)
then i'll figure out the format based on how many we have. probably going with the world cup idea though

ray- 2W 1 tie sounds good to me. the tie can't be forgotten!

What is the plan for the Ascension tournament?

Immortal Heroes alone?

Storm Of Souls plus Immortal Heroes?

Some other combination of decks?

Slacker

Ascension list: I tried to add everyone. The users in bold were listed as "not found in the database."

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily

edit: Didn't find 'Squirrel Killer' or 'squirrelkiller' either.

galvatron

Ascension list: I tried to add everyone. The users in bold were listed as "not found in the database."

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily

hmm...maybe "doc wily", then?

galvatron is there, and so is Squirrel_Killer.

Roodiculous isnt there though, did you make your new account and sign in to MP yet Rood?

Slacker

roodiculous, Squirrel_Killer, and galvatron worked. Still no bueno for:

- Octobot
- Diesel Pioneer / superrobot (edit: this worked adding dieselpioneer)
- Heel
- jessecuster

galvatron is there, and so is Squirrel_Killer.

Roodiculous isnt there though, did you make your new account and sign in to MP yet Rood?

It should work now, I just made my new account an hour ago.

Also how do you invite friends on Ascension? First time playing online with the new account registration.

octobot

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily

Gc name is mechaoctobot and on ascension it's Mecha octobot

Booyah! Double upset!

eznark 13 - Ray 17.

Huzzah 2-1. Weird games eznark, lots of messed up rounds of tiles. I got a pretty decent set up for my NeoJungle which is always key.

Now it's me vs Astro in the finals and Smiley and eznark in the battle for 3rd.

Also, Astro and eznark are you guys up for the big stupid FFA match too?

eznark

Banned
Both my terrors were useless and my last two tiles were sniper terror. Horse shit!

I did fuck up one tile which royally screwed me. Had a chance but for that. Good series!

Terrors are never useless unless its last turn! Your second terror stopped me from dropping in a nice buff for my dudes.

I think you didn't get the nicest set of tiles, but also never playing the SMART army probably didnt help either.

They were really fun games though, interesting battles all around. It was fun watching you set up your insane defence In that first game. Good games.

Li Kao

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24
8. Octobot
10. Smiley90
11. Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper
12. Roodiculous
13. Heel
14. Brakara
15. jessecuster
16. slacker
17. gavatron/docwily
18. Li Kao

Re Diesel Pioneer/superrobot
I should have entered it the other way around.
The Playdek name to add is Diesel Pioneer.
Sorry for any confusion.

Top Bottom