• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nah. That's the way it goes. I see us all becoming experts in Caylus openings like those chess grandmasters.

Gaf-Caylus-2 is the only real one. Taking forever as well, I'm hoping to be done before I go on Vacation in 10 days....... probably won't happen LOL.

Smiley90

Nightfall is just so damn punishing. I only had one big ghost (the beast that does 5 dmg) there that was about to be gone when 1000needles played a macteague (the guy that does 2 dmg to a minion), but when he played it I was able to play the damage-redirection card AND add another 3 high-damage cards to play, so the nex turn I was attacking with 16 dmg instead of having no cards. One good counter can turn the tide and end the game SO fast. I love it.

EDIT: DAMN YOU TM

Heel

Did a little research on Catan multiplayer. The developer is planning on adding it next after their Cities & Knights expansion, which is currently in beta.

They're also releasing Rivals for Catan with local and online multiplayer.

So it appears there will be a real, live Ascension tournament here, and I am thinking I will join in.

If I offer any of you games with only vanilla Ascension, its really just for practice.

So it appears there will be a real, live Ascension tournament here, and I am thinking I will join in.

If I offer any of you games with only vanilla Ascension, its really just for practice.

Well, good luck in the tourney man, we have had some good matches for sure. Vanilla ascension is so boring now though :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
T&E is a really fun game at its core -- some consider it an all-time classic. My niggle with the implementation is that afaict it doesn't lay out the previous turns so you're sort of dropped in without context, but a lot of games do this. I would definitely be up for tons of T&E games.

NB: I'll be out of the country Thursday through Thursday so apologies for slowness, possibly sometimes extreme slowness.

T&E is a really fun game at its core -- some consider it an all-time classic. My niggle with the implementation is that afaict it doesn't lay out the previous turns so you're sort of dropped in without context, but a lot of games do this. I would definitely be up for tons of T&E games.

NB: I'll be out of the country Thursday through Thursday so apologies for slowness, possibly sometimes extreme slowness.

I should note that I've never play T&E, but it's a game I've always wanted to learn.

I've just read in a few places that it doesn't get much love from the dev, and the async online is pretty shitty. I dunno for sure though, I bought it anyway so we will see I guess!

I never tried the async play, but as a fan of the game was pretty happy with the translation overall.

I never tried the async play, but as a fan of the game was pretty happy with the translation overall.

That's awesome to hear, I should have said earlier that had mostly just heard about the async and the fact that it still uses open feint. I've never played Ra before, but I've seen it in stores and it has always interested me.

CzarTim

I got T&E. Really enjoying it so far. Seems like my kind of game.

Can anyone explain what constitutes an internal conflict and an external one? I understand the mechanics of each, but I can't figure out what causes one or the other.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I got T&E. Really enjoying it so far. Seems like my kind of game.

Can anyone explain what constitutes an internal conflict and an external one? I understand the mechanics of each, but I can't figure out what causes one or the other.

Internal: A leader is positioned in a kingdom which already contains a leader of the same colour
External: Two kingdoms are joined, and the new larger kingdom contains leaders of the same colour
http://freespace.virgin.net/chris.lawson/rk/e-t/rules.htm

Heel

Is it really still not my turn yet in all of these Carc games? I have a badge for 6 moves left but not my turn in any of them. That can't be right...

AstroLad?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Do you mean a badge on the actual icon or just in game it says 6 next to resume? Because if it's the latter that just means how many new turns have happened since you last checked in. If the former I'm not sure don't think you're delinquent on any games though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This thread might be better than the iOS gaming thread was for my Q actually: Good local multi wi-fi games? iPad + iPhones

Heel

Do you mean a badge on the actual icon or just in game it says 6 next to resume? Because if it's the latter that just means how many new turns have happened since you last checked in. If the former I'm not sure don't think you're delinquent on any games though.

6 on the icon, green meeple in the cog for 'next turn' too. Is it my turn in any games we're playing together?

Smiley90

This thread might be better than the iOS gaming thread was for my Q actually: Good local multi wi-fi games? iPad + iPhones

I love Ice Rage (by the makers of Death Really and Minigore), it's like Air Table Hockey, but with real figures and actual hockey. And hits. It's fun and has local play :p

tm24

Big props to butzopower, who sent me his spare copy of Ascension after i said i was tempted by getting a RL version!

Heel

Okay fixed my Carcassonne with a reinstall. iCloud restore had messed up all my turns. Games are back on guys! :) Bought all the expansions too.

Well that Gaf-caylus-3 game that got accepted by random users just ended after only 1 worker was placed after one day.
Possibly if someone resigns then the game gets abandoned.
Shame you can't put a password on it.
Unless anyone wants to initiate a new game I'll start one this evening my time (in the UK).

I heartily recommend a stylus for T&E, Samurai and especially Caylus if you are using the iPhone/touch.
Having to drag Caylus workers around with fat fingers or tap the favour track is not fun.

Finally found time to play through the tutorial in tigris, and it seems pretty cool. Definitely something I will be trying to play more of. Now I just need to figure out Tikal and Ra.

Heel

You know what Food Fight needs? The ability to keep sound effects but turn off the voice overs. I can't believe the developer thought having a phrase involving a whale's buttcrack repeat over and over again was a good idea.

Top Bottom