• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Is RA any good if I like T&E?

Also, I know the Catan isn't the best port, but is it okay for solo play vs. the AI?

So-so. I got really spoiled by the XBLA version and find the iOS one kinda eh. I haven't tried the expansions.
In Elder Sign for just me playing, is it any easier if I choose one person vs selecting four people?
Depends on the difficulty level. There's a character that can sacrifice a regular item to get both color runes, which makes her incredibly powerful on the easy map, but on Cthulhu it'd probably be a swift death due to the whopping failure penalties and adventures that hurt you just for trying them (to say nothing of failing). You basically need all four characters on hard so that you can save types of adventures for certain characters. I'm on the second map of Cthulhu, which only requires 7 seals to get to, and lost a character just getting there.

Mikeworks, good game on Carc. Can't believe I got that tile selection at the end. Certainly the difference in the game. Defending that large city was tough.

Heel

Man, chicobalay just destroyed me in Carc. He got like 5 cloisters! I won a giant field battle but it was pretty pointless considering he was ahead by 50 at that point, LOL.

Heel, good 1v1 game last night in Carc. If you would have been able to complete Megatropolis, it would have gone in your favor, of course. There were a couple of times where I had the opportunity to kill it, but decided not to...turns out I lucked out big time.

Heel

Heel, good 1v1 game last night in Carc. If you would have been able to complete Megatropolis, it would have gone in your favor, of course. There were a couple of times where I had the opportunity to kill it, but decided not to...turns out I lucked out big time.

Hahaha yeah that was a fun game. If I got that cloister in the last few moves we would've both scored on the mega field. I think that would've put me ahead by a few points at the end.

We seem to be pretty evenly matched so we'll have to play some more.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
FYI, I was on vacation all last week so if I had a game going with anyone...my apologies!

Ra is a completely different game than T&E. It is mainly an auction game where you collect sets of tiles.

It was fun when I played it in person (the board game that is). Not sure if long delays in async games will do it any favours.
With Modern Art coming too it will be interesting to see how async auction games take off.
The guys behind Yucata.de don't go for games with an auction component, from what I remember from their suggestion list.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I can't figure out how to play Ra online. Seems like they don't support GameCenter and only support OpenFeint, is that right?

Whenever I click online there are no games available to join and when I make one no one ever joins it.

...sucks cause I like me some Ra.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I can't figure out how to play Ra online. Seems like they don't support GameCenter and only support OpenFeint, is that right?

Whenever I click online there are no games available to join and when I make one no one ever joins it.

...sucks cause I like me some Ra.

Caylus works the same way. You're doing it right, that's how it works, there's just no people to play with ;) i you want to get a game going just let us know here, as you can see in the spreadsheet a few of us have it, we just don't check regularly :D

Card Boy

Banned
Holy shit i actually won a Hero Academy game and not by default due to people not submitting their turns!

Anyway in other news this was posted in the iOS thread.

Ubisoft is coming out with a free to play TCG 'Might & Magic: Duel of Champions'

http://toucharcade.com/2012/04/23/ubisoft-announces-might-magic-card-game/

If its anything like AC Recollection expect to earn booster packs for free with an optional payment method.

untitled_305.jpg

Click on the quoted images to see the pictures in detail.

Day one for me. I like what i'm seeing in those screenshots.

Heel

I think that last Carc game just confirmed a fact: There's AstroLad, and then there's the rest of us.

AstroLad, can you go beat chicobalay for me? I need him to know what it feels like to be mortal.

tm24

IM not sure what happened to my invite heel, the game disappeared from my list. I think i somehow accidently refused after accepting

Heel

Anyone interested in starting a Ticket to Ride game? Send me a friends request. I haven't been able to get one going since it's not async on iPad.

IM not sure what happened to my invite heel, the game disappeared from my list. I think i somehow accidently refused after accepting

Weird I'll make a new one. One loser must reign supreme!

Heel

I'm beginning to think me and gamecock dedicating 7 meeples to an 18 point field wasn't the best use of resources...LOL. Damn you tm! THAT LAST TILE.

tm24

I'm beginning to think me and gamecock dedicating 7 meeples to an 18 point field wasn't the best use of resources...LOL. Damn you tm! THAT LAST TILE.

Probably! I keep jumping in on everyone else's tiles too. That single game totally made the money i spent on carc worth it

Heel

Yup down to the wire...and then you realize how stupid we were to do that lol.

Looking back at it now I could've just let you share the field points and finished that city that won tm the game, lol. I wasn't really sure if you were a threat for the lead though...

Fun stuff.

Looking back at it now I could've just let you share the field points and finished that city that won tm the game, lol. I wasn't really sure if you were a threat for the lead though...

Fun stuff.

Oh I had given up winning. I was gunning for second about halfway through the game. That's why winning that field was so important to me at the time.

Turns out, I was just a unintentional distraction for you while tm racked up points uncontested.

Heel

Oh I had given up winning. I was gunning for second about halfway through the game. That's why winning that field was so important to me at the time.

Turns out, I was just a unintentional distraction for you while tm racked up points uncontested.

You evil, evil man.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Been quiet, back in the country Thursday. Though I do give myself credit for keeping up with most of my turns. Also need some new releases been like two weeks since Nightfall came out. :D

Been quiet, back in the country Thursday. Though I do give myself credit for keeping up with most of my turns. Also need some new releases been like two weeks since Nightfall came out. :D

Interesting iview with playdek on bgg. Summoner wars, Command and Colours plus more announcements to come. Nothing in the next few weeks though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I should be so over Dominion by now but a quality mobile app to introduce non-bgers to it is really appealing to me.

Official dominion app and the penny arcade deck builder game have been the biggest 2 let downs for me so far, in that I don't have them yet and I need them right now.

Heel

Why is there a lot of fear and doubt surrounding the Dominion app? Is it the dev or something? Not in the loop...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Why is there a lot of fear and doubt surrounding the Dominion app? Is it the dev or something? Not in the loop...

They originally said it'd come out end of 2011, then NO news at all, then a "it's coming in a few weeks" in february, then nothing again until now. We're just NOT hearing anything and their "we're not telling you anything because what do we gain from that" policy is kinda ridiculous and very disappointing, especially for something whose release-dates were missed twice. The dev is pretttttttttttty bad.

Brakara

Ascension is awesome, and is easily one of my favorite iOS games so far. I guess it has the right mix of strategy, tactics and pure luck.

Heel

Holy shit, Ascension! Just finished my tutorial game. This gonna be good.

Once I figured out the triangled number was to be spent on mechana cards only it was smooth sailing. I was pretty scatter shot on which, uh not sure of the word, faction I was drawing cards from at the beginning. Now I can see where some of the strategy comes in.

I'm gonna play the AI a while and then join you guys online.

Heel

I beat the Avatar of the Fallen the first time it came out, haha. The card I claimed was a draw 3 card worth 7 runes. I dunno if it was just going easy on me, but this game is awesome. I basically built a "kill all the fucking monsters" deck, lol.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Deckbuilding is a lot of fun yup, and the Ascension implementation is quite good (not to mention Ascension is very well suited to async play). Second-most-played game for me, would love it even more if they had chat, multitasking, and Elo but Carc has spoiled me.

Heel

Yeah, I didn't even realize what the badge notifications were until I checked the online games list and saw my invites. I'll join you guys soon.

Plus, something about Playdek...does your avatar preference just not save? Noticed this with Food Fight too. Plus the last avatar in that game didn't unlock when I beat the campaign, which seems to be a known bug.

Anyway, fun stuff. I have seen the light on deck building.

Top Bottom