• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hmm I haven't had issues with avatar selection in Playdek games -- mine stick.

They do crash a fair amount though. :p

DukeSucks

Still loving ascension too. No idea how I still have a winning record against you guys, but the game is a lot of fun.

Brakara

Why am I not playing you?

I'm happy to play anyone. With core, expansion or both, doesn't matter. It's all good.

I've yet to play a 3 or 4-player game though. Is that as good as a 2-player game? In Carc, I actually prefer 4-player games.

galvatron

I'm up for Ascension and Food Fight, as always. Still haven't put in enough Carc practice time to say that I have a strategy, though.

GC: doc wily

sladeums

In celebration of Heel finally buying it, Ascension : Chronicle of the Godslayer will be on sale for a buck tomorrow.

No excuse for anyone in this thread to not own it now.

Heel

In celebration of Heel finally buying it, Ascension : Chronicle of the Godslayer will be on sale for a buck tomorrow.

No excuse for anyone in this thread to not own it now.

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

My loss is your gain!

DukeSucks

Nice ascension slowroll rubx. Well played ;). I think I caught on to your strategy, and that's the weakest part of my game

bonesquad

I added myself to that master spreadsheet. For some reason I suddenly feel the need to start playing Ascension :)

I played a few games earlier this week against the AI (level 2). I don't understand how you can win by building up power instead of runes. The AI took 45 of the 60 points, yet I still won the game by over 20.

sladeums

I added myself to that master spreadsheet. For some reason I suddenly feel the need to start playing Ascension :)

I played a few games earlier this week against the AI (level 2). I don't understand how you can win by building up power instead of runes. The AI took 45 of the 60 points, yet I still won the game by over 20.

At the end of the game all your points captured are added to the total point values of all the cards in your deck (each cards value is shown on the triangle in the bottom corner of the card) for the big final grand score total .

tm24

At the end of the game all your points captured are added to the total point values of all the cards in your deck (each cards value is shown on the triangle in the bottom corner of the card) for the big final grand score total .

Yeah, a lot of cards have some subpar effects but are high in runes. Basically, every single Mechana Construct matches it cost with its runic powers and are truly endgame cards

Heel

Nice games in Ascension butzopower. These are actually the first ones I've finished so far online, haha.

That early Flytrap Witch kicked my ass all game!

$5 well spent... :p

butzopower

proud of his butz
Can't believe that Avatar of the Fallen popped up for you. Early Flytrap Witch versus Hedron Cannon is a hard pick, I probably would have taken the Cannon for the 8 stars alone, but it really didn't matter what you picked since you still destroyed me either way. Would recommend you try the expansion after you've had enough of the base game.

Heel

Can't believe that Avatar of the Fallen popped up for you. Early Flytrap Witch versus Hedron Cannon is a hard pick, I probably would have taken the Cannon for the 8 stars alone, but it really didn't matter what you picked since you still destroyed me either way. Would recommend you try the expansion after you've had enough of the base game.

Hahaha yeah I was drawing small cards in hope that a monster popped up since I had 7 points to spend. Lucky draw.

Yeah I wasn't sure between the Hedron and Flytrap. I think it was about even since I drew the Flytrap several times throughout the game. Plus you kicking my ass with it was still fresh in my mind, haha.

I'll definitely buy the expansion. Going to wait for the new expansion to come out just in case they try to drop another sale in on me.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT I just did the same Avatar of the Fallen move on tm24...hahahaha I feel bad. Drew 3 small cards and it came out. Hax!

tm24

EDIT: HOLY SHIT I just did the same Avatar of the Fallen move on tm24...hahahaha I feel bad. Drew 3 small cards and it came out. Hax!

The funny part is that i lost that on the last move. I should of claimed the Flytrap Witch before playing my draw card, would of drawn an extra card and 2 honor. Would of won the match

Heel

...aaaand I just won by 1 point. So brutal.

The funny part is that i lost that on the last move. I should of claimed the Flytrap Witch before playing my draw card, would of drawn an extra card and 2 honor. Would of won the match

Crazy game! Apparently Ascension has Mario Kart rubber banding, lol.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
...aaaand I just won by 1 point. So brutal.

Crazy game! Apparently Ascension has Mario Kart rubber banding, lol.

I remember having Avatar of the Fallen AND Samael (the most badass 8-power monster card in the game, from the expansion) in the middle at the same time. Beat avatar, then beat samael with the bonus "free beat" from avatar, it was glorious. Ascencion is soooo goooood Can't wait for more expansions :x but yeah, the first expansion is a MUST, it just adds so much more strategy/variety

sladeums

Playdek announced Ascension: Storm of Souls expansion will be available in May.

Logically it would follow that Summoner Wars is also close ... but I've seen no announcement for that yet.

Logically it would follow that Summoner Wars is also close ... but I've seen no announcement for that yet.

It better be early may for the expansion, and late may for summoner wars! I will be angry otherwise! Rawr.

I think I'm gonna go through that google doc and start adding some people. Only people who actually post in this thread though, everyone else doesn't matter!

Heel

I remember having Avatar of the Fallen AND Samael (the most badass 8-power monster card in the game, from the expansion) in the middle at the same time. Beat avatar, then beat samael with the bonus "free beat" from avatar, it was glorious. Ascencion is soooo goooood Can't wait for more expansions :x but yeah, the first expansion is a MUST, it just adds so much more strategy/variety

Knowing my luck the expansion will be on sale when the new one comes out, haha. Must...resist.

Didn't I draw defeat Avatar of the Fallen on you in our game too? What are the odds? I'm not cheating I swear!

I think in that PAX interview with BGG the guy said Summoner Wars will come out in the "April, May, June" quarter. Not 100% sure on that.

tm24

I think you still lost that much by 1 too!

Boo! Another Caylus bites the medieval dust. I made a move in the last 24 hours so it can't be the 3 day thing.

PS sorry about the T & E delay.

Knowing my luck the expansion will be on sale when the new one comes out, haha. Must...resist.

Didn't I draw defeat Avatar of the Fallen on you in our game too? What are the odds? I'm not cheating I swear!

I think in that PAX interview with BGG the guy said Summoner Wars will come out in the "April, May, June" quarter. Not 100% sure on that.

yeah, but I want it in late may! I dont wanna wait too long, but I need some time focus on the Ascension expansion :p

Smiley90

Boo! Another Caylus bites the medieval dust. I made a move in the last 24 hours so it can't be the 3 day thing.

PS sorry about the T & E delay.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow so I had to drop the game :( And unfortunately Caylus apparently cancels the whole game as soon as only one player drops out oO

I will try to finish all my games/as many as possible tomorrow, then I'm not sure if I'll be able to make any turns for the next week because I'll be on vacation, so don't send me any more invites atm please :) Sorry about the Caylus drop-out/any other games where I won't be making turns :/

EDIT: AstroLad, I just noticed your formatting in the OP is off:

Ingenious / BGG Link / Appshopper LinkBang! / BGG Link / Appshopper Link

That's 2 different games that should be on separate lines ;)

Heel

I dunno how you only won that by a few points butzopower. You were chaining together like a dozen cards at a time toward the end lol.

So far I'm 9-2 online, both losses to you.

Smiley90

I dunno how you only won that by a few points butzopower. You were chaining together like a dozen cards at a time toward the end lol.

Finish our game, my flight goes in 8 hours and I want to sleep at some point too. :D

EDIT: Nvm, our game is gone, whoops.

butzopower

proud of his butz

It was the same cards, though, so my deck wasn't worth a whole lot except for the Mechana. I was actually pretty sure you had me beat, and was surprised that I won.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just got back to town so feel free to invite me to any games that I have listed on the spreadsheet. Especially new players. :D Don't have time to send out a bunch of invites atm but I can definitely take turns.

Ray and I have a TTR game going where all we're doing is blind-drawing cards. It's kind of funny.

Its mind games man! I cant let you see what colours I need! plus if I place down a train, you will know which cities I need to connect based on the colours I have! CRAZY MIND GAMES.

Its funny, when I play the actual board game, I just pick up the colours I want when they are there, and if they arent THEN I pull from the random pot. Its been a while since Id played the actual board game though, I will probably start doing the blind draw in that too!

As to your other post, I will have to get a Tigris game with you set up, I actually found that the tutorial was really good, but it still dont really know how to actually play to win, haha.

I need to just sit down and play a few of these games I have, I love async, but I really want to just pop out 4-5 games in a row in something like Nightfall and Samurai. I find I actually learn and retain some of the skills involved with actually winning when I play them like that.

Trying to go for an all action card victory in nightfall is hard and bad when your stupid :p

Thats the last time I try that plan Astro! haha. Even after I bailed out of that idea it was an uphill battle for sure. It didnt help that you happened to get 2 death grips in your hand at 1 time 2 turns in a row! 12 damage just from those guys in 2 turns is fucking brutal, haha.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Some of the dudes like death grip and big boss or whatever his name is man they are strong. Maybe in the expansions there are cards that let you deflect damage better or ping enemies more easily.

Anyone play Disc Drivin'? Pretty fun car-flicking async game that plays a lot like BG classic pitchcar. I'm astrolad on there.

Some of the dudes like death grip and big boss or whatever his name is man they are strong. Maybe in the expansions there are cards that let you deflect damage better or ping enemies more easily.

Anyone play Disc Drivin'? Pretty fun car-flicking async game that plays a lot like BG classic pitchcar. I'm astrolad on there.

"big ghost" ? Yeah He is pretty crazy. And Ivan too. I usually end up trying to build decks around those guys. I hate to say it only a fe weeks after launch, but this game needs some expansions fast! I want more options to choose from, haha.

Heel

NNsOU.png

Hacienda HD To Submitted Soon

Cube Your Mind tells us that Hacienda HD is almost finished. They are implementing tutorial right now, and hope to submit the game to App Store by the end of this week. They postponed the official launch of the game, because they wanted to improve it as far as they could (and and also fix all known bugs).

Hazienda HD will be published in a series of releases including official “Lite” version. Full version of Hazienda will allow:

single player mode (with Artificial Inteligence)
pass and play mode (multiplayer on a single device)
multiplayer mode (synchronous and asynchronous)
two basic maps (more to come)
version for left-handed
support of Game Center

Anyone played this before?

Neo Child

Banned
Just bought Ascension after I heard it was the only proper TCG on iOS, had a bit of experience in Magic but mainly Pokemon haha so Im not that good.

Anyway, this game is AWESOME. Dont have any friends to play with though so if anyones up for a game (any amount) my username is Skarmachild, not sure how to add anyone though??

Looking for a live match :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just bought Ascension after I heard it was the only proper TCG on iOS, had a bit of experience in Magic but mainly Pokemon haha so Im not that good.

Anyway, this game is AWESOME. Dont have any friends to play with though so if anyones up for a game (any amount) my username is Skarmachild, not sure how to add anyone though??

Looking for a live match :)

You can just add people to Gamecenter and invite from there. Names are in the spreadsheet in the OP if you want to add people who have Ascension. I usually play async so happy to play that way can't help you with a live game though :p

Hacienda HD To Submitted Soon

Hazienda HD will be published in a series of releases including official “Lite” version. Full version of Hazienda will allow:

single player mode (with Artificial Inteligence)
pass and play mode (multiplayer on a single device)
multiplayer mode (synchronous and asynchronous)
two basic maps (more to come)
version for left-handed
support of Game Center

Anyone played this before?

Played a couple of games on Yucata.de but didn't have a complete handle on the rules/strategy.
It's about Raising livestock in S America, by building chains of tiles. I might launch some training games on Yucata to try to remember more.

http://www.yucata.de/en/Rules/Hacienda

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Had to resign a game of Nightfall last night because I got a notification as I was supposed to pick someone to do 1 damage to and it took me back to the title screen, whenever I tried to get back into that game it wouldn't let me select anyone to do the damage to, so the game wouldn't move on. Very annoying.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ray I got your T&E invite (also noticed I was delinquent on a couple turns -- grr stupid disappearing GC notifications) but I think it's bugged. It lists me as being two players and won't let me complete my turn. Don't know if it's b/c we're waiting on someone to join or what.

Want to start a new game? Anyone else want to play T&E with Ray and me?

Top Bottom