• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

tm24

Holy shit, the new factions are actually 3 bucks each. I thought it was gonna be 3 for the 2 factions together

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ray: Tournament time!!!!

I'm not the best person to ask when it comes to cost, because I love what TCM did with Carcassonne -- almost never budging from what people saw as a "high" price. If it's a quality game, which SW most definitely is, I have no issue supporting it at what I feel is a reasonable price.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh shit. Haha I totally see that Pokemon dude guy now. Haha.

No Edmonton or Montreal though. I'm sad now :(

He's working on adding more. :p Seems like some teams without animals are gonna be harder. E.g. LA/Oilers...

NtkdXkC.jpg

Getting "Terror" near the end helped.
GG

CzarTim

I'm not the best person to ask when it comes to cost, because I love what TCM did with Carcassonne -- almost never budging from what people saw as a "high" price. If it's a quality game, which SW most definitely is, I have no issue supporting it at what I feel is a reasonable price.
Yeah, I've put more hours into SW than I do most AAA games. Doesn't bother me to put more down if means them adding more to it.

Every time I try to access my friends list in SW after the update, the game crashes.

Anyone else?

Same problem!

Uh-huh... ;-)

Haha. Sorry. It's true though, I have 5 or 6 games as steel police going right now and I'm doing poorly in all of them except our game.

They match up REALLY bad against Outpost is seems, or at least I haven't figure out how to make it work. Steel police matches up better with SMART, but I think I just got much better tiles in the mid game and had all the right spots on the field open to me.

galvatron

Hey let me enjoy my Turn 4 Umbral + Penumbral!

At least that was over quickly and doesn't happen often. :)

I'm more talking about starting boards with Pathwarden or Mirror Glass pretty much deciding some games based on who gets the early rolls. Even Arbiter of the Precipice had this affect in the original set.

Aight, game done and in the books.

Ray 13 (Steel Police) - Brian 0 (SMART)

ROUND 5

AirBrian getting the bye this round.

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3

Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of NH Finals 2 then Tournament 2 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4
- 10 Round to start, I may add more.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in a spreadsheet that only I can alter.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
- Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick.

Getting "Terror" near the end helped.
GG
GG, nice comeback!

On an unrelated note (seriously,) I'm getting a little frustrated with NH. Not with losing, but the app itself. Once again, I got no notice after superrobot's last turn, and I when I went in manually, it still shows the board as after my last turn 8-5 in favor of superrobot, and it simply says "Game finished." Combined with frequent crashes while trying to the launch the program (only when launching from the home screen, so far if I launch from the Notification Center, it launches fine,) and an iffy game invite screen that I'm never quite sure if I get the invite sent right or not, and I'm kinda losing my patience with the app.

GG, nice comeback!

On an unrelated note (seriously,) I'm getting a little frustrated with NH. Not with losing, but the app itself. Once again, I got no notice after superrobot's last turn, and I when I went in manually, it still shows the board as after my last turn 8-5 in favor of superrobot, and it simply says "Game finished." Combined with frequent crashes while trying to the launch the program (only when launching from the home screen, so far if I launch from the Notification Center, it launches fine,) and an iffy game invite screen that I'm never quite sure if I get the invite sent right or not, and I'm kinda losing my patience with the app.

Weird, Ive never had those issues with the app. I dont get notifications on my phone sometimes, but that seems to be because I played my last turn on my iPad, and its an issue im having with all my games currently.

The invite screen takes getting used to, but it has always worked for me, once I learned how it worked when it first came out I havent had issues with it since.

Oh, and another thing, about half the time, the notice alert doesn't clear about half the time. No matter how many times I go in to double check that I've completed my move, it keeps staring at me like a red Eye of Sauron.

Oh, and another thing, about half the time, the notice alert doesn't clear about half the time. No matter how many times I go in to double check that I've completed my move, it keeps staring at me like a red Eye of Sauron.

That one I see, yeah. haha.

I wont argue that the app is perfect, Ive been kicked out a few times, and had a couple games seem to just vanish when they are done, but dont give me the final scores. BUT Ive played easily over a hundred games, and havent really had any game breaking issues. Invites work, I get my notifications (except for the iPad and iPhone issue thats across all of my games right now), it doesnt crash like Eclipse does, haha. Its not CodeMonkeys good, or even Playdek good, but it works pretty darn well.

Even the 'Its my turn' but actually '________ is offline' bug I used to get (mostly just in games with Smiley), doesnt even happen any more. It still happens when a bump or something needs to be confirmed (even if you cant choose where your getting bumped), but thats something built into their system, so it doesnt count.

It sucks you're getting so many issues, I hope they get sorted out with a reinstall, but if they dont I hope you dont get fed up with the app and quit! NH is too good of a game to stop playing because of some minor issues. :)

Smiley90

GG, nice comeback!

If it helps you at all, I'm having all these same problems. Startup crashes, notifications not clearing (both problems I had with Eclipse too, oddly), etc. also I sometimes get like 3x the same "it's your turn" notification. Sometimes it's not even my turn when I then go check, too. It's all kinds of weird. I've just stopped caring about it LOL.

If it helps you at all, I'm having all these same problems. Startup crashes, notifications not clearing (both problems I had with Eclipse too, oddly), etc. also I sometimes get like 3x the same "it's your turn" notification. Sometimes it's not even my turn when I then go check, too. It's all kinds of weird. I've just stopped caring about it LOL.

You've always had issues though, Im 95% sure its on your end :p

So I'm not alone! Sharing time, iPhone 4S, iOS 6.whatever is current. You?

Even the 'Its my turn' but actually '________ is offline' bug I used to get (mostly just in games with Smiley), doesnt even happen any more.
Oh, that's a bug? I get that all the time, I figured it was like a Nightfall situation where even though it's the other person's turn, I had an option to choose, like the bump option you mentioned.

Bad internet? weird ports on router closed? Canuck fan operating it? PLENTY of reasons why things could wrong! :p
Really, it's anyone from the Western Conference you gotta watch out for. {whistling my way to the Eastern Conference}

Smiley90

Oh, that's a bug? I get that all the time, I figured it was like a Nightfall situation where even though it's the other person's turn, I had an option to choose, like the bump option you mentioned.

Really, it's anyone from the Western Conference you gotta watch out for. {whistling my way to the Eastern Conference}

...same.

What team you rooting for Squirrel? Please say Sabres please say Sabres please say Sabres. Or Isles. They're the only Eastern teams I'm okay with.

Its only a bug when their turn is actually over and you get a notification that its your turn, but it still tells you they are offline. When its a Bump, or you drop it into their Vegas stealers, or whatever else would need input from the other player, even if there is only 1 way to bump, or it doesnt matter what way the tile Vegas stole is pointing, it still needs them to log on.

Naw just Canuck fans. :p

Re: NH issues.
I get the App crash on start up and not my turn bugs too.
I'm on a 4s and latest iOS.
Not getting notified about games ending is something else I've seen.

Anyway, I see an invite from Smiley.
Hmm, what army should I choose?

Smiley90

Dick.

:(

5th game, 4th time I have to invite, 4th time I'm playing against Borgo. You guys...

Dick.

:(

5th game, 4th time I have to invite, 4th time I'm playing against Borgo. You guys...

Hahaha.

It sucks that your only playing against one army, but it's funny that its Borgo which is your favourite team. Haha.

Smiley90

Hahaha.

It sucks that your only playing against one army, but it's funny that its Borgo which is your favourite team. Haha.

The worst part about it is that I always have to pick first, so I can never counter-pick Vegas. It sucks :lol

The worst part about it is that I always have to pick first, so I can never counter-pick Vegas. It sucks :lol

You could if you wouldn't talk about Vegas being a good Borgo counter all the time :p

Check the spread sheet for counters too. Moloch has 2 wins against Borgo and Hegemony has 1, and New York has a tie! That's lots of armies to choose!

Smiley90

* Feeling bad about Borgo :(

LOL No way! We're playing Borgo-Smart now and you'll place your HQ just where you put it last time. No take-backsies. I'll take the challenge the way it comes. :p

EDIT: I'm not starting that game until you change back to Borgo. :p

Top Bottom