• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Thinking about starting another Ascension tournament. What kind of structure do you guys want to play? Some different options:

-Groups again, seeding it based on our records from the last tournament.
-Straight tournament, single or double elimination.
-Best of 3 games, or highest score advances from the total of 3 games.

Also have to pick the expansions.

Will play this too. SoS + IH is a good combo, but will play anything

Squirrel_Killer 15 (yellow guys) - eznark 14 (pot guys)

XLpdzXb.png

Through The Ages is still with a mystery developer after Codito's licence agreement expired. At the time Goko's problems were well known so I doubt Goko got the nod.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Through The Ages is still with a mystery developer after Codito's licence agreement expired. At the time Goko's problems were well known so I doubt Goko got the nod.

Imagine Playdek had the license to RFTG or Dominion. Those games would be PERFECT for them. Catan/TTA are a bit different. Catan would be perfect in Coding Monkeys hands, while TTA... I'd actually give to Big Daddy.

In a perfect world...

bonesquad

JustJeff/Bonesquad 16 (Neojungle) - Astrolad 15 (Moloch). Good game. The end was there before I realized it. Not that I'm complaining:)

By now Playdek must have a nice collection of tools/libraries. They should package those together to license out to help others, and make extra cash.

Ok, finding the exact info from the last tournament is a pain. So im just grabbing your wins/losses, and I will rank it on Win% if you've played a decent amount of games.

Does that work for everyone?

Summoner Wars Tournament 1 Signups:

Smiley - 85/46 - 65%
AstroLad - 188/106 - 64%
CzarTim - 130/93 - 58%
bonesquad - 27/20 - 57%
tm24 - 58/45 - 56%
eznark - 69/58 - 54%
RaySpencer - 65/75 -46%
Mercviper - 52/69 - 43%
PrayForDeath - 8/11 - 42%
Slacker - 18/28 - 39%
gatekeeper - 7/11 - 39%
roodiculous - 15/25 - 38%
superrobot - 15/40 - 27%

edit: Ordered them by percentage first, with games played being tie breakers. Im not super happy with that, Astro got second I think in the last tournament (because no one beats Hereafter, haha). I might try to look back more at the last tournament and seed more from that, it just takes a while since the finals last like 3 months, so its a lot of pages :p

TM24 if you have the results from the last tournament saved somewhere let me know :p

CzarTim

How are we handling army picks? I'm pretty sure you cannot see what your opponent is picking, making it impossible to counter-pick.

How are we handling army picks? I'm pretty sure you cannot see what your opponent is picking, making it impossible to counter-pick.

It'll just be like NH, except anyone can do the invite, since duplicates are allowed in SW.

I think the lack of counter pick sounds awesome, haha. People will need balanced deck, rather than crazy weird counter style decks. heh.

27%. Ha ha, I'm rubbish at SW

Apologies to anyone playing Ascension or Agricola with me. Holiday wifi is blocking the Playdek games. Will try to connect on 3G when out and about but easier said than done.

Smiley90

Ok, finding the exact info from the last tournament is a pain. So im just grabbing your wins/losses, and I will rank it on Win% if you've played a decent amount of games.

Does that work for everyone?

Summoner Wars Tournament 1 Signups:

Smiley - 85/46 - 65%
AstroLad - 188/106 - 64%
CzarTim - 130/93 - 58%
bonesquad - 27/20 - 57%
tm24 - 58/45 - 56%
eznark - 69/58 - 54%
RaySpencer - 65/75 -46%
Mercviper - 52/69 - 43%
PrayForDeath - 8/11 - 42%
Slacker - 18/28 - 39%
gatekeeper - 7/11 - 39%
roodiculous - 15/25 - 38%
superrobot - 15/40 - 27%

edit: Ordered them by percentage first, with games played being tie breakers. Im not super happy with that, Astro got second I think in the last tournament (because no one beats Hereafter, haha). I might try to look back more at the last tournament and seed more from that, it just takes a while since the finals last like 3 months, so its a lot of pages :p

TM24 if you have the results from the last tournament saved somewhere let me know :p

I'm pretty sure both Astro and me only lost to Hereafter in that tournament - Me in the Semis and he in the final. There was no beating her :lol

I'm pretty sure both Astro and me only lost to Hereafter in that tournament - Me in the Semis and he in the final. There was no beating her :lol

Yeah, your good I won't deny that. I just think when someone is barely 1% back but has played over twice as many games they deserve to be higher. I'm think I would swap you and Astro and tm24 and bonesquad. And maybe a couple other little tweaks.

I just feel like games played should count a little more. I don't know, it doesn't really matter with Swiss rules anyway.

I lost the exact w/l, but i do know who made it out of pools. Was the top 7 plus hereafter

Also, fighters op against astrolad

What top 7?

mercviper

You know, I think my record is pretty decent considering I went like 5-20 in my first set of games. I still can't play any other team besides Cloaks though lol.

Yo, real Pandemic coming!

http://zmangames.com/nouvelles-details.php?id=343

As for the top 7, i meant those in your seeding so far, but i was wrong. These were the people that made it out of pools in the last SW tourney

hereafter
tm24
Smiley90
bonesquad
eznark
mercipver
Astro
blackflag

Yay Pandemic!

No placements at the end though? It sounds like at least:

1- Hereafter (SUPRIZE! haha :p)
2- AstroLad
3- Smiley and who ever Astro beat

then I just need the rest! :p

edit: Page 93: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43460668&postcount=4615

Hereafter vs tm24
Smiley90 vs bonesquad?
eznark vs mercipver
Astro vs blackflag

So Astro beat Blackflag, Smiley beat bonesquad, Hereafter beat tm, and Post 4589 eznark beat Merc. Then Hereafter beat Smiley, Astro beat eznark. Then Hereafter beat Astro.

sooooo:

Summoner Wars Ranks:

1 - AstroLad - 188/106 - 64%
2 - Smiley - 85/46 - 65%
3 - eznark - 69/58 - 54%
4 - bonesquad - 27/20 - 57%
5 - Mercviper - 52/69 - 43%
6 - tm24 - 58/45 - 56%0
7 - CzarTim - 130/93 - 58%
8 - RaySpencer - 65/75 -46%
9 - PrayForDeath - 8/11 - 42%
10 - Slacker - 18/28 - 39%
11 - gatekeeper - 7/11 - 39%
12 - roodiculous - 15/25 - 38%
13 - superrobot - 15/40 - 27%

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm pretty excited for Pandemic. Hope they have cheevos or a campaign mode or something for single player because I don't see it working great async.

I'm pretty excited for Pandemic. Hope they have cheevos or a campaign mode or something for single player because I don't see it working great async.

Yeah, singleplayer is about the only way I would want to play an iOS version. Since when we play the board game its really just 5 of us figuring out how all the characters we drafted can work together and solve everything, everyone is involved in every turn, haha.

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 11 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p

I stole pretty much everything from the NH tournament, because I like how its working. The picture is only showing 4 rounds, but once it updates it should show all 11 rounds. Let me know if my links arent working, or if you have any questions. Otherwise:

Good Luck and Have Fun.

Smiley90

I play Ray in the first round? Oh dear baby jesus. :p

Doesn't matter who sends the invite... Mhmm.

Anyone down for practice games later tonight with the new armies before we're forced to use them in the tournament? I'll be done work at like 6pm PST latest... And ready to hammer out a few games.

I play Ray in the first round? Oh dear baby jesus. :p

Doesn't matter who sends the invite... Mhmm.

Anyone down for practice games later tonight with the new armies before we're forced to use them in the tournament? I'll be done work at like 6pm PST latest... And ready to hammer out a few games.

Free win for Smiley! :(

Use your worst team, your 2 - 6 6 - 2 against me, give me a chance! :p

edit: Im stupid :p

Smiley90

Whoops, haha.

IM 2-6 :p, YOUR 6-2 :p

I only play FK, and I wont use them against you, so this should be fun, haha.

FK are actually my worst team LOL. And I haven't played any of the new teams yet... Gotta check my team customizations first before I accept anything. :p

I've been having problems building my Benders deck because I honestly love all the common units. I want them all!

Yeah. Hard to build! The champs are hard to choose too! I want them all. Kalu and Talu seem like a waste most of the time, I want them, but not at the expense of another champ.

Smiley90

How can I sync my custom decks between iPhone and iPad? It doesn't seem to work... :/

tm24

Are benders and mountain goats banned? Since i haven't bought them since I'm still miffed at the fifty percent price increase on armies.

We waited for them to drop before we started it, it seems smart to include them!

Plus, 3 bucks for the amount of fun you will get out of them is tiny! Especially if people waited on getting SW in the first place, and got ALL the original shit for a dollar, haha.

Smiley90

Mhmm. Shouldn't Mountain Vargath Warriors in the opponent's side of the battlefield and within 2 spaces of the Summoner be able to attack with 3 dice, not just 2? Basic value 1, +1 from their "on opponent's side" ability and +1 from being close to the Summoner?

EDIT: Ah nvm, it says only when attacking a common unit. Whoops.

EDIT2: LOL My ultra-offensive Mountain Vargath 1st time strategy got killed by a 5-hit-slash from the "6's count as 2 hits" Tundra Orc. Who rolled 2 6's and another hit. :lol

EDIT2: LOL My ultra-offensive Mountain Vargath 1st time strategy got killed by a 5-hit-slash from the "6's count as 2 hits" Tundra Orc. Who rolled 2 6's and another hit. :lol

Gotta love those tundra orcs! Mountain Vargath is the only deck I have yet to figure out a good strategy with. Super offensive has yet to work for me. Benders are very interesting, the commons work cohesively and there's that one champion that gives you a double attack.

Slacker

Justjeff/bonesquad, someone sent me a SW invite but once I updated the game and logged in it seems to have disappeared. If that was you, can you resend? If not, send when ready. LETS DO THIS. ;)

Top Bottom