• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow. just wow. Fuck this game.

I would've won if the fucking "pass turn" button had a fucking confirmation window. But no. Instead of winning, I skip my last turn. Just fucking great.

Can I forfeit all my other tourney games? Just wow.

Smiley90

I could see the tiles fly off. I'm happy to call it for smiley.

Jesus fucking christ I'm so annoyed right now. I had 2 tiles, both of which could've won me the game (ranged to kill your net guy or net to silence your melee guy). Stupid. Soooo stupid. I appreciated that you tried not to put anything down in the end (didn't really matter) and that you post this here too.

I'm sooo annoyed right now.

Such a great close/intense game otherwise that really came down to my very last tile.

Finally got to finish an Eclipse game :D

Fuuuck, you controlled that whole game start to finish too. I didn't even get to fight with my guys :(

cWITybA.jpg

X6qtqeB.jpg

edit: I forgot to answer this before.

I'd be in for SW. Would there be any faction requirements?

Though as others mentioned, right now if I try to start a SW game from my friends list the game crashes.

It will most likely require all factions, I like how that has worked out in NH, so I will probably continue doing that.

mercviper

Fuuuck, you controlled that whole game start to finish too. I didn't even get to fight with my guys :(

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/cWITybA.jpg[/img]

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/X6qtqeB.jpg[/img]

<3 Ray. I'm still trying to find the merit in your 'expand all the outer tiles first' strategy. I know you said they're limited, but so are the inner/middle tiles which are generally better in quality.

<3 Ray. I'm still trying to find the merit in your 'expand all the outer tiles first' strategy. I know you said they're limited, but so are the inner/middle tiles which are generally better in quality.

I didnt say it was a good strategy :p

It just really depends on what I get out there, and what I see other people get. Its nice to have the outer tiles on my side of the board for more choices later on, the inner ones I can grab whenever I want, I just let it go turn too long, and you shut me out.

But at the end of the day, none of my tiles mattered, because I went for a AntiMatter cannon build, and without the expansion its a really shitty build, If I would have stuff missiles on there instead I would have been in a much better place, and could have won battles in the 8th and 9th round, which would have helped me a lot, and hurt you a lot as well.

Its a lot of fun trying out new ways to win, or just fucking around and using weapons/items I dont use very often, but it often doesnt go too well for me, haha. But I cant just stick to the conventions of the races, or just use missiles+computers all the time :p.

mercviper

I didnt say it was a good strategy :p

It just really depends on what I get out there, and what I see other people get. Its nice to have the outer tiles on my side of the board for more choices later on, the inner ones I can grab whenever I want, I just let it go turn too long, and you shut me out.

But at the end of the day, none of my tiles mattered, because I went for a AntiMatter cannon build, and without the expansion its a really shitty build, If I would have stuff missiles on there instead I would have been in a much better place, and could have won battles in the 8th and 9th round, which would have helped me a lot, and hurt you a lot as well.

Its a lot of fun trying out new ways to win, or just fucking around and using weapons/items I dont use very often, but it often doesnt go too well for me, haha. But I cant just stick to the conventions of the races, or just use missiles+computers all the time :p.

Haha yeah. I was just curious. In our 1v1 game you're looking pretty scary with ancient hulls and missiles by round 3. :x

Haha yeah. I was just curious. In our 1v1 game you're looking pretty scary with ancient hulls and missiles by round 3. :x

Thats another reason I like to expand early, you can get some pretty good ancient tech from doing that, or a stack of resources for big pickups.

You're looking scary too though, you got good expansion sectors early, and have a good amount of money and a pretty stupid amount of Science.

I would rather be in your position with 12science and 8money, I have much less income right now.

mercviper

Thats another reason I like to expand early, you can get some pretty good ancient tech from doing that, or a stack of resources for big pickups.

You're looking scary too though, you got good expansion sectors early, and have a good amount of money and a pretty stupid amount of Science.

I would rather be in your position with 12science and 8money, I have much less income right now.

yah I noticed you burned all your discovery income. I only have 2 materials though so if I lose my ships it's practically gg.

yah I noticed you burned all your discovery income. I only have 2 materials though so if I lose my ships it's practically gg.

I had to move and explore things, because I had(have) barely any money planets!

With such high science, you should be able to build some pretty awesome ships though, plus, it would be long until you get the improved materials tech and then you will be rolling in ships!

mercviper

I had to move and explore things, because I had(have) barely any money planets!

With such high science, you should be able to build some pretty awesome ships though, plus, it would be long until you get the improved materials tech and then you will be rolling in ships!

I don't know if you've seen the planets I have but I think there's maybe 1 spot with improved materials... so I'll have 3 materials :p

Slacker

NS HEX TOURNEY

Slacker (Hegemony) defeats CzarTim (Outpost) 13 - 0.

edit: or look at that picture above. :) Good game dude.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So when are we doing that SW tourney? :D

I'd make it that you have to use all the base armies, and if you have the extra armies you can optionally use those.

So when are we doing that SW tourney? :D

I'd make it that you have to use all the base armies, and if you have the extra armies you can optionally use those.

When SW works, haha. I cant send any invites.

Thats probably a good way of doing it, but common new armies! we waited till they came out, we should use them :p

I'll definitely use new armies, even though I'll probably end up like this

Yeah, I have been playing computer matches to try out Benders and Mountain Vargath, I wish there was a Bender AI though. Im really liking both armies.

I love the crazy aggressive Mountain goat style play, but its killed me everytime I try to do it, haha. Maybe im missing something too, but it seems like there is Event cards that only worth with 1 Champion? that seems pretty fucked up. Im not really enjoying the other commons you can slot in on their team, but the base stuff is amazing, Warriors crushing commons, Rushers gettin all up on Summoners in round 2, and the Brutes are amazing, knocking people around into crazy chains of big damage. Too bad I just end up killing myself all the time, haha.

Benders are fucking cool as hell too, Im going to try to make them my new main army I think, I love how EVERYTHING
except Parasites :p
is ranged, its a nice change of pace being able to shoot everything. They have some really cool heroes too, though Im not really enjoying the Kalu/Talu double spawn thing, since they make you give up a champion spot for both, and they arent really that strong. The Bender commons are loads of fun too though, having a free 'wall' because your deceiver has an enemy on lockdown is really great, and whittling away your enemies cards with Breakers is cool too.

I still need to figure out the Benders more though, I dont really understand how to use Mimic correctly yet. Im guessing if I Mind Control an Enemy unit, then I can use an enemy event on it? I dunno, I was just bummed when I couldnt use the PE Precise event card I stole on my dudes :p

Benders are dope. Love how versatile they are. MV doesn't really click with my playstyle.

It doesnt click for me either, BUT I WANT IT TOOOO. haha

My FK style is pretty defensive, and ive been using them pretty exclusively for like 9 months (not that I play a lot of SW). But Ive really been trying to play a new aggressive style, just to change things up. I could learn goblins, but I dont like them :p
Sorry Astro!
. Im really kind of bored of the original set of armies, so im trying to learn and enjoy the new ones as much as possible, haha.

Benders are dope though, you are correct.

Edit: On a related note, Im pretty sure Im gonna pick up the Master Set now. I bought the individual packs of JE and FK since they are my favourite armies, but it would probably be nice to have a board to play on, and then I will have to buy all the dice too! I love excuses to buy cool dice.

Edit2:

Looks like they have posted the new Fallen Kingdom commons and champs too.

FK_Vampire.jpg

FK_Warlock.jpg

FK_Ghoul.jpg

FK_Hirud.jpg

FK_Corpse_Wyrm.jpg

FK_Forbidden_Ritual.jpg

I wasnt really feeling the new FK Summoner, but these champs and commons sound great, maybe it will all work out, haha.

I just found out a lot of the original factions already have a second summoner and a bunch of new cards :S

Yeah, the new PE Summoner is basically the warriors ability. Makes for awesome turtling

Yeah, the PE one sounded really good. My favourite I saw was the new Guild Dwarves, getting towers and architects to fix them sound awesome, haha.

All of them sound really cool, I wish I could use them in the iOS version. I cant believe how much SW shit is out there! They need to give me all this stuff ASAP!

Smiley90

I think everyone in the NHex tourney should be in the playoffs, with group stage responsible for seeding (or winner's & loser's bracket), since the group stage wasn't exactly random. Agreed/disagreed?

Also Ray, I own the Master Set, it's pretty glorious. Sadly I never get to play it. I'd also be at a pretty huge advantage against everyone I play... :/

I think everyone in the NHex tourney should be in the playoffs, with group stage responsible for seeding (or winner's & loser's bracket), since the group stage wasn't exactly random. Agreed/disagreed?

Also Ray, I own the Master Set, it's pretty glorious. Sadly I never get to play it. I'd also be at a pretty huge advantage against everyone I play... :/

We will see, we arent even half done yet, so lots of time to decide. BUT probably not, I want the tournament to count for something more than just seeding. No the group stage hasnt been that random, its swiss rules, its been based off of how well you are doing, which makes it all the more likely that there will be cut offs for the finals.

As for the Master Set, yeah I dont get to play many 2 player games, and with 100+ SW games under my belt, even if im horrible I still know way more than anyone I would play against. I will probably still get it though, nice to have, just in case.

Smiley90

We will see, we arent even half done yet, so lots of time to decide. BUT probably not, I want the tournament to count for something more than just seeding. No the group stage hasnt been that random, its swiss rules, its been based off of how well you are doing, which makes it all the more likely that there will be cut offs for the finals.

As for the Master Set, yeah I dont get to play many 2 player games, and with 100+ SW games under my belt, even if im horrible I still know way more than anyone I would play against. I will probably still get it though, nice to have, just in case.

I meant non-random in terms of factions played against :p still don't think it's perfectly fair, even if I'm the only one suffering from it . Something to keep in mind for the SW tourney too. Eg somebody only faces orcs&dwarves and gets eliminated during group stage while somebody playing only against weak teams will qualify.

I meant non-random in terms of factions played against :p still don't think it's perfectly fair, even if I'm the only one suffering from it . Something to keep in mind for the SW tourney too. Eg somebody only faces orcs&dwarves and gets eliminated during group stage while somebody playing only against weak teams will qualify.

You brought that on yourself though, either people hated playing against your Borgo all the time...or more likely, they just do it to bug you, haha. If you didnt bring it up, or care the first 2 times it happened, I bet the last 2 wouldnt have happened.

Plus! Your middle of the pack right now, you beat Borgo 2 out of the 2 times, and most people have used their Borgo army already. If you had lost all 4 Borgo matches I would cut you some slack, but you're 50% so deal with it, haha.

No sympathy for you :p

Smiley90

You brought that on yourself though, either people hated playing against your Borgo all the time...or more likely, they just do it to bug you, haha. If you didnt bring it up, or care the first 2 times it happened, I bet the last 2 wouldnt have happened.

Plus! Your middle of the pack right now, you beat Borgo 2 out of the 2 times, and most people have used their Borgo army already. If you had lost all 4 Borgo matches I would cut you some slack, but you're 50% so deal with it, haha.

No sympathy for you :p

Just because I win against Borgo 50% of the time doesn't mean they're not overpowered. :p If anything, that's a testament to my skill! -coughcough-

Heel

Thinking about starting another Ascension tournament. What kind of structure do you guys want to play? Some different options:

-Groups again, seeding it based on our records from the last tournament.
-Straight tournament, single or double elimination.
-Best of 3 games, or highest score advances from the total of 3 games.

Also have to pick the expansions.

Brakara

Thinking about starting another Ascension tournament. What kind of structure do you guys want to play? Some different options:

-Groups again, seeding it based on our records from the last tournament.
-Straight tournament, single or double elimination.
-Best of 3 games, or highest score advances from the total of 3 games.

Also have to pick the expansions.

I like the groups format, since (if you suck like me) you get to play more matches. As for expansions, I'd still like to play SoS+IH.

I wish someone would have done this list for me! Jerks!

Summoner Wars Tournament 1 Signups:

RaySpencer
Smiley
AstroLad
PrayForDeath
roodiculous
eznark
superrobot
CzarTim
bonesquad
Mercviper

Any more people?

I know this isnt the first tournament, its just the first on that will be listed on Challonge. I will try and go back and find ranking from the last one.

mercviper

RaySpencer
Smiley
AstroLad
PrayForDeath
roodiculous
eznark
superrobot
CzarTim
bonesquad

Any more people?

I know this isnt the first tournament, its just the first on that will be listed on Challonge. I will try and go back and find ranking from the last one.

Wait! Add me!

Damnit Flynn!!!!!

It was looking good for me:
K2oUk6k.jpg

But it didn't end well :(

ukyBKve.jpg

gAyoY0b.jpg

Good game man! Tough fight all the way till the end! I hate losing with my SMART!

Ray 12 (SMART) - Flynn 14 (NewYork)

Flynn

Gg, sir! That last draw of the rocket launcher was a stroke of luck. You had me scrambling the whole time. Couldn't get a good wall up.

Gg, sir! That last draw of the rocket launcher was a stroke of luck. You had me scrambling the whole time. Couldn't get a good wall up.

Yeah, that was the whole point! Your sniper shot on my dude in behind my base was the smartest thing possible, and won you that match for sure.

I was really counting on that win with SMART, they are my best team, so now im fucked! haha.

tm24

RaySpencer
Smiley
AstroLad
PrayForDeath
roodiculous
eznark
superrobot
CzarTim
bonesquad
Mercviper

Any more people?

Im playing with half the people on this list already and not included on the list? WHAT IS THIS!?!

RaySpencer
Smiley
AstroLad
PrayForDeath
roodiculous
eznark
superrobot
CzarTim
bonesquad
Mercviper

Any more people?

I'll play. Gives me an excuse to play again.

Top Bottom