• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Ugh, I hate these cross platform games that dont have notifications. I dont play Frozen Synapse very much because you dont know when its your turn, or when you're invited to a match. If I played enough I would check daily I guess.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Good question. I did it earlier in the beta but I don't see any of my $60 credit anymore.

Edit: Just checked online, I still have $60 accredited to my account, so perhaps it's only available for use on the website store?

You buy "gold" from the online webstore with money, then spend that gold ingame for boosters.

My steam nick is the same as my GAF nick, add me!

PFD

Ugh, I hate these cross platform games that dont have notifications. I dont play Frozen Synapse very much because you dont know when its your turn, or when you're invited to a match. If I played enough I would check daily I guess.

They usually send me an email when it's my turn. I don't understand why they didn't add notifications though.

mercviper

You buy "gold" from the online webstore with money, then spend that gold ingame for boosters.

My steam nick is the same as my GAF nick, add me!

Yeah I didn't realize they changed the system. I had bought a starter deck or two during the beta with my credit but it seems they refunded it and now cards are no longer available on the website.

edit:
haha, every time i try to select deck in the ipad version i crash hard!
I found out the hard way you just have to wait for all the decks to load before choosing.

Smiley90

The AI sucks in SolForge. Just crushing Hard like 80% of the time, its kinda stupid.

That's weird, because during closed beta, Hard was CRAZY hard, and easy was CRAZY easy. They must've made it too easy after complaints.

Hhhhhooooooolllllllyyyyyy fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkk

This game runs slow as hell online.

Its basically unplayable. Maybe my internet suddenly became shit, or maybe the guy I was playing with had shit internet, and somehow that slowed my turns down too, but fuck trying to play SolForge real time is brutal.

edit: Uhhh Notifications are in already I guess? I just got one for my match with Astro.

Smiley90

Hhhhhooooooolllllllyyyyyy fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkk

This game runs slow as hell online.

Its basically unplayable. Maybe my internet suddenly became shit, or maybe the guy I was playing with had shit internet, and somehow that slowed my turns down too, but fuck trying to play SolForge real time is brutal.

edit: Uhhh Notifications are in already I guess? I just got one for my match with Astro.

I'd assume servers are overloaded these days.

Lol. I'm sure Ray hates me now.

Edit:
After 0/3 and 1/3 I figured it was time to gamble.

Can I choose Bender? Or do you want them?

Play whatever you want :)

This is the best practice I could ever hope for, haha. I selected Benders this game though, if you dont want to do Mirror matches.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SolForge Zombie deck is undefeated though I can think of a lot of tweaks I want to make. Too bad they don't track stats.

SolForge Zombie deck is undefeated though I can think of a lot of tweaks I want to make. Too bad they don't track stats.

Yeah. Your deck seems pretty strong. I didn't know how they worked at first, I will want a rematch when I lose our game. Haha.

Edit: Errrrr... Our match is gone? Did I accidentally forfeit? Or did you quit out? Why is it gone!?

mercviper

IOKqUE7.jpg

This game is bs lol. I never got a chance to hit Slacker. ggs.

Slacker

This game is bs lol. I never got a chance to hit Slacker. ggs.

GG holmes. Yeah I think that net on my HQ ended up backfiring a little because it helped seal in the base and Neojungle apparently has no ranged attackers.

I'm glad I got those two hits when I did though. You really need to horde your offense with Vegas. They go fast and once they're gone, it's a long trip to the end of the game without doing any more damage.

mercviper

GG holmes. Yeah I think that net on my HQ ended up backfiring a little because it helped seal in the base and Neojungle apparently has no ranged attackers.

I'm glad I got those two hits when I did though. You really need to horde your offense with Vegas. They go fast and once they're gone, it's a long trip to the end of the game without doing any more damage.

Yeah I didn't realize I had zero ranged. I thought I was in a pretty good position and then you drew the sniper round and blew open a huge hole in my defense. :<<<<<<<

And of course I didn't get my bomb until my last tile so I couldn't reciprocate.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah. Your deck seems pretty strong. I didn't know how they worked at first, I will want a rematch when I lose our game. Haha.

Edit: Errrrr... Our match is gone? Did I accidentally forfeit? Or did you quit out? Why is it gone!?

Seems like we have two matches now.

It's so much easier to play this on Steam (still not perfect). Wow.

Brakara

Sweet, yeah definitely add me if you have SF. I just messed around and made a zombie deck.

Any good tips on deck building? I got like 25 booster packs which I unwrapped yesterday, but spent the rest of my time just staring perplexed at the deck building screen.

Also, weren't kickstarters supposed to get some faction starter packs (I was on tier $25)? I only had those booster packs.

mercviper

Any good tips on deck building? I got like 25 booster packs which I unwrapped yesterday, but spent the rest of my time just staring perplexed at the deck building screen.

Also, weren't kickstarters supposed to get some faction starter packs (I was on tier $25)? I only had those booster packs.

The starter packs should've been unwrapped as part of your collection to begin with.

KS Update #41 said:
Every account will also begin with two all-new free starter decks. These are two-faction decks designed to introduce players to SolForge. The cards in these starter decks are a part of the player&#8217;s collection and will provide a basis on which to build new decks.

With the addition of these new starter decks for every account, we have discontinued the existing faction starter decks. Don&#8217;t worry if you didn&#8217;t buy them already! As an additional gesture of gratitude for your support, we have given every account that contributed $25 or more to the Kickstarter campaign a copy of each of the faction starters. If you happened to purchase them already, you&#8217;ll have an additional copy of the starter deck in your account, meaning you&#8217;re that much closer to a full playset of Echowisps or Grimgaunt Devourers!

I know I've only opened 3 boosters yet I have enough cards to make a deck out of each faction.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

I am no expert at all, and I did finally lose my first game handily though so far been doing alright. (Again, wish they kept records -- or at least Elo -- hope that's coming out.)

All I did was decide on a faction and then saw a few cards and said "oh cool, this buffs zombies," and then threw in most of the zombies I had. Then I noticed Zombies are really good at dying and coming back and also killing, so I grabbed cards that buff on deaths. What I've not totally been able to find is event cards that are good so my zombie deck is extremely unit-heavy. I made a robot deck too that tries to have more events and so far so good with that one. But definitely a learning experience right now. Really looking forward to the campaign and tournament modes to put things to the test.

I am no expert at all, and I did finally lose my first game handily though so far been doing alright. (Again, wish they kept records -- or at least Elo -- hope that's coming out.)

All I did was decide on a faction and then saw a few cards and said "oh cool, this buffs zombies," and then threw in most of the zombies I had. Then I noticed Zombies are really good at dying and coming back and also killing, so I grabbed cards that buff on deaths. What I've not totally been able to find is event cards that are good so my zombie deck is extremely unit-heavy. I made a robot deck too that tries to have more events and so far so good with that one. But definitely a learning experience right now. Really looking forward to the campaign and tournament modes to put things to the test.

The thing I noticed in the first few rounds of our first game, is your zombies are really strong right off the bat. I dont know if they get worse later, but they dont seem to have the slow scale to greatness like the starter cards.

All my shit is really good later on, a bunch of my matches vs the hard AI, I would go down to 40 or 30 HP fairly early, and they are still at 90, but then I destroy them in a quick couple rounds once I start getting all my level 3 dudes.

The big difference for me fighting AI and fighting you though, is that it seems like I would lose all my HP during levels 1 and the first half of 2, which is pretty crazy.

edit: Oh our first game reappeared for me, haha. Ive lost before we even hit level 3. Your deck is like a zerg rush :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, Robo deck is lots of fun too. Just need a snappier interface, some persistent stats, and I could definitely see being into this. I backed at the $120 tier so have some decent cards I guess. Don't know how pay to play it really is though, because the Legendary cards don't seem super buff compared to some of the normals, just different. The only thing Legendary/Heroic seem to have is more synergy with decks, but there are definitely some Normal and Rare cards that are quite good.

Yeah, Robo deck is lots of fun too. Just need a snappier interface, some persistent stats, and I could definitely see being into this. I backed at the $120 tier so have some decent cards I guess. Don't know how pay to play it really is though, because the Legendary cards don't seem super buff compared to some of the normals, just different. The only thing Legendary/Heroic seem to have is more synergy with decks, but there are definitely some Normal and Rare cards that are quite good.

Yeah, Im enjoying my Robo Tree deck.

Im hoping I can compete with you guys while spending tops 10 bucks on getting some boosters. If im just going to lose to everyone because they spent 120 bucks on the kickstarter then this one wont last long for me, haha. Enjoying it enough so far though, so thats good.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, Im enjoying my Robo Tree deck.

Im hoping I can compete with you guys while spending tops 10 bucks on getting some boosters. If im just going to lose to everyone because they spent 120 bucks on the kickstarter then this one wont last long for me, haha. Enjoying it enough so far though, so thats good.

I noticed most randos online have pretty mediocre decks, so definitely could beat them as well. And then when Challenge mode comes out that will be interesting, also Tournament though at that level might get difficult. One thing I haven't done is go out of faction much. That might be interesting. Right now I'm very strictly in faction. Wish there was a way to browse cards on the web.

Smiley90

Wasn't online at all yesterday, will jump into SF tonight. Not opening my boosters until drafts are available though... Or at least not opening many.

App News: Vlaada Chvátil Talks About Czech Games Edition's Plans for the Future

Through the Ages being done in-house along with Galaxy Trucker, though its development has not started yet. They're emphasizing quality with lots of features. Mentions async and realtime multiplayer, campaign etc. for Galaxy Trucker.

Sounds good!
The points he makes with regards to providing a fun reason to keep playing single player sound good. That's something that the Codito games don't have.
He sounds like knows how async games should work too.
I hope they can pull it off.
Also allowing BGO to keep going is a nice touch.

Smiley90

Double Post:

Smiley (Phoenix Elves) beats RaySpencer (Guild Dwarves) in the SW tourney.

He never got his third champ out (Gror I assume?), so in the end it was 2 champs & 2 commons on my side against just his summoner.

Double Post:

Smiley (Phoenix Elves) beats RaySpencer (Guild Dwarves) in the SW tourney.

He never got his third champ out (Gror I assume?), so in the end it was 2 champs & 2 commons on my side against just his summoner.

Good game man. I had such a lucky bullshit start, I had you backed into a corner, with no commons, no champs, and not even a wall to spawn thing from. My big champ ready to smack you down, I even had an event to add 2 more dice next round....

But you had the exact 2 cards you needed, the major burn to drop him down to 3 HP left, and then a precise to make your summoner go 3/3. Boom from then on I was on my heels the rest of the game. Crazy close, and loads of fun.

Great game.

tm24

SW Results round 1

TM24 TOs W - Roodiculous JE L

Fury is OP! And freezes. Should of stopped summoning and got those cards off your summoner

SW Results round 1

TM24 TOs W - Roodiculous JE L

Fury is OP! And freezes. Should of stopped summoning and got those cards off your summoner

Yeah it sucked I brought out my champion on accident by brushing against the screen hence the location. And then I moved my lions like an idiot. I knew right away it was over.

It started on the 12th Astro! :p

Current tournaments:

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3

ROUND 6

Smiley getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of NH Finals 2 then Tournament 2 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4
- 10 Round to start, I may add more.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in a spreadsheet that only I can alter.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
- Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick.

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 1

Superrobot getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 11 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p

Top Bottom