• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gotta love those tundra orcs! Mountain Vargath is the only deck I have yet to figure out a good strategy with. Super offensive has yet to work for me. Benders are very interesting, the commons work cohesively and there's that one champion that gives you a double attack.

Same. Seems that it's supposed to be a rush but I have no idea how that's supposed to work as those guys just get picked off, best case take out a couple commons along the way.

mercviper

I shake my fist at you.

SHAKE MY FIST!!

lol. In the back of my mind I sent an invite and washed my hands of it. At the same time I don't remember what team I chose so I probably didn't. Oh. I remember now. I meant to look at the used teams spreadsheet before doing anything and I just didn't get around to it. Not having internet over the weekend certainly didn't help. I'll send out an invite tonight! Promise!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I got a Summoner Wars invite from Hereafter.

WHAT DO I DO NOW GUYS

I'm too young to die!

I got a Summoner Wars invite from Hereafter.

WHAT DO I DO NOW GUYS

I'm too young to die!

Me too!

FwJWRhX.jpg

Somebody hold me :'(

eznark

Banned
How did tm24 weasel his way to 6th??

Also, I'm going to challenge a couple of you to a friendly just to get back into it before playing my tourney game.

Right, shouldn't he be ahead of me and others?

He should! dunno what happened.

I will try to fix stuff.

edit: No wait, he shouldnt. You made it to top 4.

top 4 was

Hereafter
Astro
Smiley
eznark

then rounding the top 8, not in any order is

tm
merc
bonesquad
blackflag

they were the 4 people you guys beat to get to top 4. I ranked the top by doing Astro as #1 since he was 2nd in the tournament and Hereafter didnt sign up for this one, then you and smiley, and I ranked you guys by your win%, then the 5-8 place people by win%, again minus blackflag since he didnt sign up.

DONT CONFUSE ME MAN!

Smiley90

I'm playing Vanguard vs Benders against Hereafter. This game is going to be the epitome of slowness.

tm24

EHh, I lose to Phoenix Elves all the time, haha. Im currently very close to losing in my match vs tm, and im Dwarves there too.

My w/l % is so low because i tried to make vanguards work. If i played mroe PE, my % would be way up lol.

Also, does anyone else give serious thought to their deck names? Because i love doing that. I have Precision Burn and Hell Hound PE decks, Heavenly Rush for my vanguards, Coldsnap for TO and Stampede for JE.

mercviper

My w/l % is so low because i tried to make vanguards work. If i played mroe PE, my % would be way up lol.

Also, does anyone else give serious thought to their deck names? Because i love doing that. I have Precision Burn and Hell Hound PE decks, Heavenly Rush for my vanguards, Coldsnap for TO and Stampede for JE.

My FK deck is called FK you :x

I name them in ways that I know what cards are in them.

So I have stuff like 'Rush n Crush' my Tundra Orcs deck with lots Fighters and Chargers, and no ranged. Siege my Dwarf deck with a bunch of engineers and Ballistas.

Most of the time I just have a deck called 'test' and its what im currently running, that im fiddling with.

I also have a JE decks called Hereafter and CzarTim, since both of them gave me help with figuring out a deck. I need to play more JE, I think they are awesome.

So I have an event with mercviper if i read that correct?

Yup yup!

Churned it out just for you ray

Wtf is with you and blahness and ties! its insane.

ROUND 6

Smiley getting the bye this round.

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3

Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of NH Finals 2 then Tournament 2 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4
- 10 Round to start, I may add more.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in a spreadsheet that only I can alter.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
- Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick.

That sheet is all kinds of fucked up for me.

I was having that issue earlier. Not sure why its fixed for me, but not you now though.

its all just normal black font and a bunch of blue hyperlink type things everywhere yeah?

The Challonge link will still show it all though.

Smiley90

I was having that issue earlier. Not sure why its fixed for me, but not you now though.

its all just normal black font and a bunch of blue hyperlink type things everywhere yeah?

The Challonge link will still show it all though.

It's working now... that was weird. But yeah, that's what the issue was for me, too.

Looks like I'm sitting out this round... yay? :p

tm24

So somehow me and smiley have 46 normal boosters instead of the 20 youre supposed to have at 60. And all the starter decks. Apperently logging into the steam version causes you to get double rewards?

Smiley90

So somehow me and smiley have 46 normal boosters instead of the 20 youre supposed to have at 60. And all the starter decks. Apperently logging into the steam version causes you to get double rewards?

Oddly enough, I am just logging into the app for the first time since it went live. So it can't be a double-reward from logging in at both places. I logged into steam first and had 46 right away.

Will Sol Forge be playable without buying boosters all the time? I like card games, but im not about to get into another CCG/TCG, especially not a digital only one.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wow SolForge is super jank right now. Keep getting prompted about my daily rewards and don't see any of my KS stuff. Should probably go reach the KS update as I'm sure there's some convoluted redemption crap I have to go through just like with every KS.

Smiley90

So, the booster situation has been solved: The reward for steam-early access purchases was ANOTHER 20 booster packs, on top of the 25 we get through kickstarter. That's why we ended up with 45 (+1 as the daily login reward). Mystery solved! 170.- for 60.- backed. Not bad.

Hex I'm looking at about 400.- value for 120.- backed...

Card Boy

Banned
Just a heads up to boardgame gaffers on PC. Catan on Steam doesn't have online multiplayer, and is a rip off compared to the 360 version. Don't buy it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I am OP as fuck with fighters against Astro

Haha yeah I am so bad against ice zombies (or whatever that faction is) rolls. Think I've lost like 5 games in a row to the faction. Good time to shake off the cobwebs I suppose. Though I still have no real idea how to use Benders and Vargath.

Gror aka ultra combo.

So I'm kinda getting the hang of Vargath. Rushing in doesn't seem to work that well but they are really good in the middle of the field as long as you have Sunderved near your commons. Commons are pretty inexpensive with what you get so that's nice. Their lack of ranged attacks really hurts them with the exception of Quen.

Gror aka ultra combo.

So I'm kinda getting the hang of Vargath. Rushing in doesn't seem to work that well but they are really good in the middle of the field as long as you have Sunderved near your commons. Commons are pretty inexpensive with what you get so that's nice. Their lack of ranged attacks really hurts them with the exception of Quen.

Lack of range is helped by having Rushers, and Torodin too. He can charge pretty hard.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
How do you sync up your KS rewards into SolForge? I got like 40 free packs or whatever but I don't see my in-game money. I have 1275 of the Silver stuff which I think was just a daily reward, but I don't see any other money.

edit: nm, just saw you have to do it from the website

mercviper

How do you sync up your KS rewards into SolForge? I got like 40 free packs or whatever but I don't see my in-game money. I have 1275 of the Silver stuff which I think was just a daily reward, but I don't see any other money.

Good question. I did it earlier in the beta but I don't see any of my $60 credit anymore.

Edit: Just checked online, I still have $60 accredited to my account, so perhaps it's only available for use on the website store?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sweet, yeah definitely add me if you have SF. I just messed around and made a zombie deck. Haven't had a chance to play yet though. Servers seem to be working a lot better at the moment.

Top Bottom