• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Maledict

Anyone else playing Solforge? I kick started for $100 so picked up a fair amount of boosters, but the cost of boosters seems insanely high.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone else playing Solforge? I kick started for $100 so picked up a fair amount of boosters, but the cost of boosters seems insanely high.

Yep. Agree that the packs are quite pricey but I've been having lots of fun with it. Really enjoy the mechanics and looking forward to the Challenges and Tournaments opening up. If you want to Challenge me (not timed!) I'm AstroLad on there.

I've been getting a pretty decent amount of silver coins and a bunch of basic booster packs every day, so it's been pretty good so far.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sorry, Astro. I just saw your earlier post. Would you like to play again? I feel bad you didn't know that game was "for real."

Oh no man no way. I play to win regardless of context awareness! :)

(I think I may even at some point have known that was a tourney game and then just forgotten -- busy week. ;p)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finally opening my packs. Halfway through and have 5 legendaries

I'm keeping my packs for now... I'm waiting for drafting. But... not sure how/when it'll work. But I still have 40 of my 46 packs... and all the 20k gold.

mercviper

Steelforge seems pretty broken in an all alloyin deck. But not sure how he got to 21, the max should be 18/18

It was probably some other ATK buff. I only remembered the ATK value and didn't notice the Health.

edit: on the bright side, my grimgaunt devourers are pretty OP too.

SolForge needs a Next Match button.

Edit: Also, Ray, our games are being really funky.

My game with Ray disappeared :(

It must be something on my end, because Ive had a bunch of my game vanish then reappear later, then vanish again. They must be punishing me because I havent given them any money :p

edit: Wow, my daily reward today was a NORMAL booster pack, not a Basic like usual. Thats pretty fucking awesome actually. I got 2 Rares and a Heroic out of it and a couple other cool things I will use.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Astro, that 21/21 9 armor dude is borderline cheating lol

edit: steelforge avatar or some such thing.

Haha yeah. I noticed the robots can absolutely stomp if just one or two of the powerful-effect ones are able to get loose. I think I have a 40 ATK guy going in one of the games.

But they can definitely be beaten too.

mercviper

It must be something on my end, because Ive had a bunch of my game vanish then reappear later, then vanish again. They must be punishing me because I havent given them any money :p

edit: Wow, my daily reward today was a NORMAL booster pack, not a Basic like usual. Thats pretty fucking awesome actually. I got 2 Rares and a Heroic out of it and a couple other cool things I will use.

I think you get a normal for first win and a basic for logging in? I could be wrong. It could just be completely random what you get for rewards too.

For our games, I'm just killing them and sending you a new challenge. One of them won't go away though :/

CzarTim

I got a premium pack from the daily reward. Heroics everywhere.

Game is pretty cool, but like all deck builders, I don't really like the actual deck building part. Never know how to balance spells / creatures.

Smiley90

I think you get a normal for first win and a basic for logging in? I could be wrong. It could just be completely random what you get for rewards too.

For our games, I'm just killing them and sending you a new challenge. One of them won't go away though :/

I have the same problem - I can't kill a game. :(

Also my game with Ray showed back up... so weird.

Servers are sooo fucked :lol

Game is pretty cool, but like all deck builders, I don't really like the actual deck building part. Never know how to balance spells / creatures.

Oh wow, really? We must be getting different rewards then, damn.

Brakara

Haha yeah. I noticed the robots can absolutely stomp if just one or two of the powerful-effect ones are able to get loose. I think I have a 40 ATK guy going in one of the games.

That was against me. I didn't realize you could double his ATK every turn, so I mistakenly ignored him for too long. :( Oh, and one of our games disappeared as well.

Also, I'm starting to understand the mechanics so anyone may feel free to challenge me (Brakara).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That was against me. I didn't realize you could double his ATK every turn, so I mistakenly ignored him for too long. :( Oh, and one of our games disappeared as well.

Also, I'm starting to understand the mechanics so anyone may feel free to challenge me (Brakara).

Neither did I actually until recently. Thought his double was just for that turn. Now I think I get like 85% of the mechanics and terms though. Still a little sketchy on certain cases, like when guys with Mobility can actually move (sometimes I have two "live" mobility guys, and one can move before attack while the other can move after -- maybe I missed something).

mercviper

From my limited experience in this game, You definitely want something like 80% creatures. The game is all about board presence since you're limited to playing 2 cards a turn, and every creature or spell that can take out 2+ enemy cards for itself is well worth a spot in your deck. That means stuff that will keep your guys alive (armor/+health/-atk) in a trade is pretty good. Unfortunately, spells usually aren't that great in this aspect because they often only trade 1-for-1 and lack a lasting presence on the board.

tm24

Neither did I actually until recently. Thought his double was just for that turn. Now I think I get like 85% of the mechanics and terms though. Still a little sketchy on certain cases, like when guys with Mobility can actually move (sometimes I have two "live" mobility guys, and one can move before attack while the other can move after -- maybe I missed something).
Mobility is limited by space. They cant move if they have a card adjacent to them unless thay have high mobility. You probably moved a card and then made room for the other after attacking

Brakara

I like how we're all playing the steam version of an iOS game. Get your shit together SB!

Yeah, it's crazy how wanky the iPad version is. Sooo much better on Steam.

And damn that Grimgaunt Devourer, merc. Here I thought it was going to be close...

mercviper

Yeah, it's crazy how wanky the iPad version is. Sooo much better on Steam.

And damn that Grimgaunt Devourer, merc. Here I thought it was going to be close...

Bwahahaha. Yeah my deck strat practically revolves around playing a devourer and using any means necessary to keep it alive. :x

Smiley90

Bwahahaha. Yeah my deck strat practically revolves around playing a devourer and using any means necessary to keep it alive. :x

On the bright side, there are quite a few cards that can insta-kill other "huge" cards, if they center their deck around it. Which could be quite effective to have a few of in your hand. (e.g. "Frozen Solid" - give target creature defender for a round and "If this card is attacked, destroy it) -> essentially "shattering" it, which is pretty cool

Smiley90

Guys, I found the most OP card in the set:

ForgeGuardianOmega.gif

... That's the card you can only get through the Yu-Gi-Oh "assemble 5 pieces of the Forge Guardian on the board, then sacrifice them all to summon him" mechanic. So it's not like you can just play it, you actually have to work for it. Prettttttty awesome though, and if you can get a deck to make it work, go for it. :p

A fuck load of my SolForge games reappeared, haha.

I have 4 fucked up games right now that all say they are my turn but have issues when I enter them. 2 games that let me go in, but then say its my opponent's turn and then it wont let me quit out to main menu, haha. Another game that just disconnects everytime I join it. The last game says the 'Game is Ready!' but it says its my opponent's turn when I join, so maybe that one works, but still 3 game are fucked right now.

Hereafter

@Ray thought you were safe or something? :p

Edit: If it will make you feel better, even without that 6, you would've been dead the next turn. I had a slasher I would've copied.

@Ray thought you were safe or something? :p

Didnt think you were even trying, so I kinda just sat there while waiting for some champs that never came.

You made some really weird non-hereafter style first few turns. So I just assumed you didn't even want to play that match. Haha.

Oh well! :p

Edit: also I didn't think the scrapper ability would allow them to get moved out of the deceiver stun, good info to know for games vs Merc! :p

Brakara

I'm trying to accept a challenge from Smiley in Solforge but every time I do, the main screen still says "Smiley issued a challenge". Weird bug.

FYI....taking a break from Carc until the iPad 5 comes out. Been brutal playing on my wife's old 4th gen iPod touch (I sold my iPad mini a few weeks ago). Once the new hotness comes out, I'm down for like...countless number of matches.

Smiley90

Mercviper copied literally 90% of my Uterra/Tempys deck.

SHAME ON HIM. SHAAAAAAAAAAME.

mercviper

I think what's hindering a lot of my deckbuilding is a lack of playables in some factions. aka non-nekrium factions. I did make a new non-smiley uterra deck that I call zerg rush though.

Heel

So hmmm, let's discuss the next Ascension tournament.

I like the pool play, but I think we're going to need some tweaking.

Balancing the pools a little better should be easy now that we have established some seeding from the first tournament.

Is there any way to set up the pool structure to make a tiebreaker less likely to be needed, without making it longer? I do think the tournament matches should be more definitive (maybe best of 3 games), but maybe not until we've thinned the field a bit to that point.

Also, maybe a good way to reward the pool winners is to give them a bye in the first round of the tournament by allowing the top 3 from each pool to advance to a tournament of 12, instead of running a 3rd place tournament to play in for the last seed like last time...does this make sense?

Top Bottom