• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Brakara

They really need to have a turn timer:

9GOOuFBl.jpg

Worst is, the game won't finish, and looks like it will stay in my games list until I concede. Fuck that guy.

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3

ROUND 7

Mercviper getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of NH Finals 2 then Tournament 2 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4
- 9 Round to start, I may add more.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in a spreadsheet that only I can alter.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
- Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick.

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 2

Roodiculous getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maledict

I missed the last ne but really looking forward to the next Ascension tournament - although I am pretty crappy and still refuse to buy heavy infantry because they are crude...

PFD

We have an odd number of people, so every round someone has to sit out. People that get byes basically get a free win and the system seems to give people who have less wins the bye.

Ahhh I was wondering why some people weren't showing in the first round. Thanks for the clarification :)

Roger roger. Accepted!

edit: Did you take a turn? I took my first turn and now Im getting 'Game Ready' again in my game, but when I load it up I just get disconnected.

Brakara

No, I don't even see the match on the play screen. So async is as broken as ever... But at least live timed matches seem to work fine now.

Weird. I will look into it when I'm not on my phone.

Is this a new issue? Or has it always been like this? I've never used google docs before. I want people to see it, I just don't want anyone to be able to alter it.

edit: Found the issue. It was just for the SW tracker correct? I forgot to 'share' it, Ive fixed that now, and updated the link.

Fuuuuuuuuck. Haha.

Good game blahness.

I got de-fucking-stroyed. I could barely chip damage off all game, the score makes it look closer than it was.

Ray (Hegemony) 10 - blahness (Steel Police) 15

PLpgcwH.jpg

Ugly board. Haha.

vmeSKGi.jpg

Heel

*Soccer Seasons

Seemed decent until I reached the 78th text bubble in the tutorial and it crashed, then wanted me to start it over.

*Soccer Seasons

Seemed decent until I reached the 78th text bubble in the tutorial and it crashed, then wanted me to start it over.

It does seem decent, but it doesnt really seem like a Deck Builder. Feels more like HUT/FUT from EA Sports games or something.

Brakara

Thanks, gg! It helped getting better draws after that, not to mention I think I had a stronger (more higher leveled creatures) deck than you. Weird playing such an old deck though (think I've modified it several times after I sent the original challenge some time ago).

Up for an unheroic match (no legendaries/heroics)? If so, just send me a challenge.

It does seem decent, but it doesnt really seem like a Deck Builder. Feels more like HUT/FUT from EA Sports games or something.
Struggling to see what the "game" element is other than playing cards adding up to a certain value and hoping you win.
That was from the tutorial alone so maybe there's more to it. I expect you need to earn or buy coins to stay competitive in subsequent matches.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
A light deckbuilder with a sports theme would make so much money, on cardboard or digital. It's funny how neglected sports themes are in the world of board games when they're so perfect for lots of games.

Brakara

A light deckbuilder with a sports theme would make so much money, on cardboard or digital. It's funny how neglected sports themes are in the world of board games when they're so perfect for lots of games.

There are two kinds of card games I want (please inform me if there already exist some good ones):

1. Card Quest: basically Puzzle Quest where the combat is like Magic or Solforge. And build your deck as you battle creatures along the way (with shops, forging, chests, etc.).

2. Card Manager: like Football Manager, but where the matches are played with your deck (starting deck is as good as the club you're taking over); kinda like what Soccer Seasons sounds like, but good.

And with no micro-transactions (or at least no required ones).

Heel

I think 1st and Goal would make for a great iOS sports board game. All the dice and little pieces make it a prime candidate for a digital conversion with async multiplayer. You could build in fantasy leagues, playoff brackets, a season solo campaign, all kinds of fun stuff.

Plus, for all the devs reading out there, you could make the team expansions IAP. Do it! :)

Yeah, Hearthstone is a ton of fun. I still think I'll end up quitting it because of the imbalances with paid for decks but so far it's a blast.

EZNARK (DWARVES) DEFEATS PRAY FOR DEATH (ELVES)

I forgot how ridiculous the dwarves can be against new players. Sorry, PFD!

Haha I got decimated there. I don't know what I was thinking when I exposed my summoner at the beginning, but yeah, GG!

Dont know how this slipped my mind, but I need to know which 'Elves' were used. Phoenix Elves or Jungle Elves? I had marked you down as Phoenix, but I realized that could be wrong.

Brakara

For anyone who's interested in buying gold in Solforge, you can use the coupon code SOL20 for a 20% discount (at the solforgegame site). This from yesterday's live stream. There's a summary at reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SolForge/comments/1l8apb/brief_overviewsummary_of_kiblers_live_stream/

A few highlights:

1st Major Update: tournament play, matchmaking, and drafting. It will also include 20 brand new cards, some for each faction. Will be implemented “when it’s done. We are looking at September or October. Hopefully September, but no promises.”

Achievements
Achievements will not just be badges that do nothing, but if you fulfill the achievements they will actually give you cards/packs for doing so.

Things on the Agenda but with no ETA:
(1) More deck slots
(2) Animated Cards
(3) Chat function. Will have a simple macro set first, with just preset options.

Brakara

So hmmm, let's discuss the next Ascension tournament.

Is there any way to set up the pool structure to make a tiebreaker less likely to be needed, without making it longer? I do think the tournament matches should be more definitive (maybe best of 3 games), but maybe not until we've thinned the field a bit to that point.

Also, maybe a good way to reward the pool winners is to give them a bye in the first round of the tournament by allowing the top 3 from each pool to advance to a tournament of 12, instead of running a 3rd place tournament to play in for the last seed like last time...does this make sense?

That sounds much better than the 3rd place tournament we had. Also, best of 3 in the last 12 also sounds good, since it will be a bit too much for the first round.

In short: make it so!

Fuck.

Accidentally skipped the move turn in my game vs gatekeeper. It fucked me up bad! So what did I do next to help ease the pain??? Accidentally skip the attack phase!! Yayayayay

Fuuuuuuuuuck I hate that. It's bad enough that I'm goats vs his ice orcs and there is a Krung on the field. Haha.

Heel

New Ascension Tournament

I'm down to run a bracket. Squirrel, if I make a thread do you want to grab the first reply and run a chart for pool results?

Here's what I'm thinking, but feel free to chime in with your own ideas.

-Storm of Souls + Immortal Heroes
-Participants broken into 4 pools of equal size, using seeding (top 8 only?) from the last tournament and giving other returning players a new pool when possible. Going to try my best to keep the pools both balanced and fresh. Or we could just use random.org and randomize the unseeded players? We'll go over them before the pools are finalized.
-Everyone plays everyone in their pool, top 3 advance to a tournament of 12.
-Each pool winner is rewarded with a first round bye.
-Tournament is best of 3 games, single elimination.

-Pool results tiebreaker: #1: Whoever won their match in pool play. #2: Tie matches or 3 way tiebreaker where #1 doesn't work, use point differential again? Make them play another game? What do you guys think?

Heading out for PAX tomorrow. So the Army Tracker wont be coloured for wins/losses cause that shits hard to do on my phone, haha. I will try to make sure the Challonge and the google docs are up to date though every night. But It might all have to wait till tuesday.

Let me know if any of you guys are going to PAX, or are just in the Seattle area.

tm24

Heading out for PAX tomorrow. So the Army Tracker wont be coloured for wins/losses cause that shits hard to do on my phone, haha. I will try to make sure the Challonge and the google docs are up to date though every night. But It might all have to wait till tuesday.

Let me know if any of you guys are going to PAX, or are just in the Seattle area.
Can you get me some league of legends code haha?

I'm jealous. I really want to go to pax, Gen con or bgg con, but all my vacations are booked for music festivals

Top Bottom