• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Brakara

AFAIK, there will be a turn timer, but it's not prioritized (i.e. no date).

Meanwhile, just play several matches at the same time. That's probably what they do.

PFD

New Eclipse update is out.
Bankruptcy bug is fixed.

Looks like the update swallowed the game I was in :( or maybe ray spencer timed out, it's been his turn for a while!

You got me excited for a second, thinking they actually patched the game again so soon and fixed it so you don't have to decide on trading resources to pay for bankruptcy before un-influencing tiles. The patch from last week fixed some huge problems (after four months of waiting), but IMO the game is still unplayable (competitively speaking) until they fix the other bankruptcy problem and make it so we can see what other players did on their turns.

There is a new update.

Looks like the update swallowed the game I was in :( or maybe ray spencer timed out, it's been his turn for a while!

There is a new update.

It was probably me timing out.

Sorry, left for PAX last thursday morning at like 6am, and didnt come back till tuesday night around 7pm.

Its my turn to be that asshole who ruins a game :(

CzarTim

There are spells that work against armored creatures (some better than others though):

• Botanimate
  • Dreadbolt
  • Frozen Solid
  • Grave Pact
  • Touch of Blight

Been trying some of these out, and I'm still not convinced. I generally try to avoid spells that limit by level since they are useless unless you take the time to level them up in the early game (which is often inefficient). So then you either have 2-3 of these cards wasting space in your deck (and leveling all of them) or you risk not drawing it when you do need it. So yeah, there's a counter, but you have to specifically plan for it. And playing random people, you never know when an armored deck will show up.

I'm still playing around with my Temp / Nek deck, though. Maybe I'll figure it out. I guess I might keep a Frozen Solid in there as a hail mary. I started keeping stats, and of my last 20 games I've won 65% with 70% of my losses coming from Alloyin decks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Common guys, its been over 2 week for these rounds :p

I'm pretty sure there's something off with merc :lol. He's taken like 1 turn in the last... 4 days. I'm not saying I've been taking a LOT of turns, but definitely more! :D

Just re-re-sent AstroLad an NH invite for Round 7 since the second attempt at our game has also disappeared off my game list. If this one disappears again, I'll forfeit so we can keep the tourney moving along.

Nope it has people's GC name beside their GAF name listed on the bracket.

Superrobot is diesel pioneer on GC.

Your SW match was with tm24, your NHex game is with superrobot.
Yikes. I missed seeing Round #7, probably scrolling past all that SolForge chat :p
Hit me (Diesel Pioneer) with an invite.

Smiley90

LOL.

I just won a SolForge game that I was down 1-100. Not joking. I had basically already given up. Then it was my turn and I had a level 3 echowisp in my hand so I figured I may as well play it. Turned the WHOLE game around and had won like 4 turns later. Insane.

mercviper

SW Tourney
0YjFWZ4.jpg
Brought out my cloaks, so now I don't know what to play the rest of the tournament.

Brakara

LOL.

I just won a SolForge game that I was down 1-100. Not joking. I had basically already given up. Then it was my turn and I had a level 3 echowisp in my hand so I figured I may as well play it. Turned the WHOLE game around and had won like 4 turns later. Insane.

Yeah, I've won after being down to 3-100 before my robot deck started rolling. It's fun, but risky as there's several cards that will hit your face or give him breakthrough.Luckily, in your case, he had none.

Smiley90

Yeah, I've won after being down to 3-100 before my robot deck started rolling. It's fun, but risky as there's several cards that will hit your face or give him breakthrough.Luckily, in your case, he had none.

I was playing against a Nekrium/Uterra deck, so luckily he didn't have any direct damage, agressive or breakthrough. It felt good lol.

Video from Gencon with more details!

http://youtu.be/a0HJwaI7RGY?t=36m18s

And for those not familiar with LoW, a Tabletop ep - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7DvEIfrP84

Playdeck also announced an adaptation of Scoundrels of Skullport, which they mention in the vid too.

I cant wait for this. I really wanted to try to play this game at PAX, but I just ran out of time.

Anyway!

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 3

RaySpencer getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p

eznark

Banned
Good game. Those purple guys are dope. Wish I had played them more before that game, seem like they could have some cool net tactics.

eznark

Banned
Yeah you had a super shitty start, especially for the green guys. Never really got to use your HQ extra attack and I got some nice units that forced you to limit that power even more by having to go to the corner. I don't think your draw really gave you a chance to win, which is kind of lame.

Slacker

If I fail to respond to a challonge in a timely matter please PM me to wake me up. I've been on all day conference calls for the last two weeks so I'm not keeping up as much as I usually do. Thanks!

Yeah you had a super shitty start, especially for the green guys. Never really got to use your HQ extra attack and I got some nice units that forced you to limit that power even more by having to go to the corner. I don't think your draw really gave you a chance to win, which is kind of lame.
Maybe. I was thinking "I'll have loads of dudes at the end. Nothing can go wrong now!"
Terror came at the wrong time too. You were probably out of sight by then though.

Thanks guys! Here we go!

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3

ROUND 8

AstroLad getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of NH Finals 2 then Tournament 2 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4
- 9 Round to start, I may add more.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in a spreadsheet that only I can alter.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
- Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick.

Heel

Big News!
So the Coding Monkeys have a new iOS game out. (iPad only I think)
http://zzhk.de

I guess someone will have to organise a Chicken Cha Cha tourney :p

ibh7X8pJt7mkKY.gif

Google Translate said:
More information

You are looking for screenshots, photos and logos for an article about chicken shit bitch wave? Here you will find !

lol

Just a friendly reminder that we are now well into "or so."

Honestly don't feel like taking on the responsibility of running a tournament at the moment. Feel free to take over, someone.

PFD

Small World 2 is out!

Yup :)

• New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full-retina mode!
• Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
• Play Solo against up to 4 built-in AI; Pass’n Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single iPad
• 10 new races & special powers via in-app purchase of the all new digital Be Not Afraid…
• Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
• Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
• Extensive Game Center, Facebook and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
• Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
• Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself

Quick query: in Elder Sign how do you unlock further characters? Or are the IAP?
Some come with the IAP.
Others (I think) are unlocked when you beat the hardest scenarios. (I have never done this).
The Ithaqua and Cthuhlu expansions are well worth it if you like the game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nm i found it. invites!

US ONLY - On Wednesday, September 4, a redemption code will be posted on your rewards page at www.daysofwonder.com/ks along with instructions on how to use this code to redeem your copy of the current version of Small World from the iPad app store.

Top Bottom