• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Slacker

Summoner Wars Tourney

Slacker (Phoenix Elves) defeats Astrolad (Phoenix Elves) with some fortuitous card drawing and dice rolling. Sorry for the mirror match, Astro. I specifically looked at the sheet and intended to choose the faction you had picked last time to ensure we'd be different, but misread it and picked the same thing. :p GG.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Quick GMT Newsletter update:

Dominant Species for iPad Update

We don't have a signed agreement yet, but we have agreed in principle with a game development company to work with us to update the Dominant Species for iPad code and provide ongoing support and updates for the game. We'll have a press release with details when the contracts are signed, but for now I wanted you guys to know that we've found what I think is an outstanding partner to move forward with us on the Dominant Species app, as well as others in the future.

PFD

I'm down for Ascension tournament

As for SW:

Pray For Death (Vanguards) defeated Diesel Pioneer (Mountain Vargath)

My record speaks for itself :p

G4ILi5W.jpg

bonesquad

Good game. After that battle cleared much of the board it just came down to I happened to have more useful units left in the deck the last turns. Now let's see what happens in our SW match...

Brakara

I emailed Stoneblade support about the SolForge async problems, and got the following response:

We are currently having problems with async games. Our server is being overly aggressive in removing inactive games. We are working on improving our storage space so we can fix this problem. Sorry about any inconvenience.

So at least they're aware and working on it.

eznark

Banned
No problem, just making sure the game didn't disappear or anything for you. Also I feel like I can't trust the notifications so it was a gentle reminder!

Brakara

I don't know how to beat or play Alloyin.

For beating it, it depends on what kind of deck it is. If it's an oracle/technosmith level-up monsters deck, then you want an aggressive rush deck. If it's a robot/savant deck, you need a couple of spitters in there (well, in general you want at least one spitter if you know you're playing against alloyin). But mostly you want to be agressive, because alloyin has some cards that let them draw more cards for free, which ensures that come rank 3 and 4 they'll be playing a lot more high quality level 3 cards than you.

And if you're alloyin, you want to stop an aggressive deck... that's probably done best by combining it with some removal spells from another faction. And make sure to use the ones from alloyin: energy prison, metasculpt and (to a lesser degree) sonic pulse.

tm24

I imagine a Tempys deck built on mobility and aggressive can do some damage to alloyin. Key cards being flamestroke shaman, ashurian mystic, lightning wyrm and pyre giant feeding a Rageborn Hellion would set a alloyin deck behind way early

EDIT: Sweet, used some silver to buy some basics and got a Legendary i didnt have. Sweet

800px-Flowsteel_Prototype.png

CzarTim

I imagine a Tempys deck built on mobility and aggressive can do some damage to alloyin. Key cards being flamestroke shaman, ashurian mystic, lightning wyrm and pyre giant feeding a Rageborn Hellion would set a alloyin deck behind way early

I've been running a Temp / Nek deck. I haven't bought any packs though, so I am missing a few key cards there. I just feel like Alloyin can do just about anything well. There isn't really a counter to armor besides that one Uterra card that gets rid of it. If they throw down a Battle Technician and a general or two, the Armored units become unstoppable.

Brakara

There are spells that work against armored creatures (some better than others though):

• Botanimate
  • Dreadbolt
  • Frozen Solid
  • Grave Pact
  • Touch of Blight

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

EDIT: Sweet, used some silver to buy some basics and got a Legendary i didnt have. Sweet

800px-Flowsteel_Prototype.png

Sweet card. The legendaries in this game sure aren't a letdown, but so hard to get. Yet I have some duplicates. :p

There are spells that work against armored creatures (some better than others though):

• Botanimate
  • Dreadbolt
  • Frozen Solid
  • Grave Pact
  • Touch of Blight

You forgot the best of them: Epidemic.

I'm not a big fan of Frozen Solid, since it forces you to use at least 2 cards on the same turn. Other cards are more permanent.

There's also Metasculpt (takes away all abilities incl. armor) and that card that gives permanent defender whose name I forgot.

Generally though, the longer a game against alloyin lasts, the more likely you are to lose. They get SO strong late-game. Especially if you have a steelshaper savant in play. I've absolutely DEMOLISHED an opponent with only 3 cards and down 12-100.

(Steelshaper savant, brightsteel gargoyle, doomwing drake). Can't touch that shit unless you have some pretty epic 2-card removal, and then I can still keep pushing them out.

The hard part is surviving until late-game :lol

Ok im back from PAX, I htink ive updated all the spreadsheets and challonge, I will double check it tomorrow.

Now you guys just need to finish some games!! CHOP CHOP!! :p

Brakara

You forgot the best of them: Epidemic.

I'm not a big fan of Frozen Solid, since it forces you to use at least 2 cards on the same turn. Other cards are more permanent.

There's also Metasculpt (takes away all abilities incl. armor) and that card that gives permanent defender whose name I forgot.

Yeah, I didn't include alloyin cards since it was vs alloyin. But for some reason I did forget epidemic, which I always include in my decks if I can (I have a robot deck where the only non-alloyin card is epidemic).

And I agree about frozen solid, especially against armor. It's also level dependent so you have to "waste" it a couple of times before being useful against level 3 high-powered non-armored monsters where it shines. Still, if you're running a tempys deck you may want to include a 1-of, especially if you have master of elements and static shock (or even flameshaper, cryomancer, or magma hound). But, yeah, you probably have better options.

eznark

Banned
eznark (ice orc dudes) defeates tm24 (jungle elves)

God the ice orcs are so fucking cheap. Feels gross to use them.

AirBrian

Hey smiley, are you hitting the confirm/advance button after your place your tiles? NH says it's my turn but then when I go into the game it's always still your turn. Not sure if it's my end or yours. :-(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey smiley, are you hitting the confirm/advance button after your place your tiles? NH says it's my turn but then when I go into the game it's always still your turn. Not sure if it's my end or yours. :-(

It's been happening all game, I know. :( I often get a notice it's my turn too and when I go in there's absolutely nothing to do and it just says you're offline :/

Slacker

New Eclipse update is out.
Bankruptcy bug is fixed.

You got me excited for a second, thinking they actually patched the game again so soon and fixed it so you don't have to decide on trading resources to pay for bankruptcy before un-influencing tiles. The patch from last week fixed some huge problems (after four months of waiting), but IMO the game is still unplayable (competitively speaking) until they fix the other bankruptcy problem and make it so we can see what other players did on their turns.

Top Bottom