• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Quasar

Functionally, iOS 7 is far superior to iOS 6. But I can see why someone may not like the visual design. Personally, it doesn't bother me, and some of the visuals have even been improved (good riddance, sucky skeuomorphics).

All in all, I'm very happy to have updated even though I hate the new Safari icon.

I do rather dislike the white look, wish I could turn on a darker theme. And I really wishy I could turn off those stupid long transition animations. Aside from a coat of paint I don't like, all I'm really seeing is easier access to some system controls and better notifications on an os that runs slower on my device. if it wasnt for board/card games I'd be considering a switch to a nexus tablet to match my phone.

I do rather dislike the white look, wish I could turn on a darker theme. And I really wishy I could turn off those stupid long transition animations. Aside from a coat of paint I don't like, all I'm really seeing is easier access to some system controls and better notifications on an os that runs slower on my device. if it wasnt for board/card games I'd be considering a switch to a nexus tablet to match my phone.

Yeah, a darker theme would be nice. I wouldnt mind being able to change all the blue text everywhere into a different colour too. Options! I like choice!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
gg ray, I thought I was gonna have you or at least tie you at the end there, but you got a couple REALLY perfectly drawn tiles that gave you that game. That late push tile that came at the perfect time got you that game. :p

gg ray, I thought I was gonna have you or at least tie you at the end there, but you got a couple REALLY perfectly drawn tiles that gave you that game. That late push tile that came at the perfect time got you that game. :p

Haha, yeah GG man. I got like 3 rounds of bullshit tiles, but then 2 really good rounds at the end that made up for it. Being able to drop my Bribe tile, rotate your dude, then move my Bribe tile and rotate another one of your guys helped a whole lot, then getting that bump to protect him JUST enough to do 1 damage was awesome, haha.

Anyway, yeah GG. I would feel bad that we took so long, but everyone else is being really slow too :p

HURRY UP PEOPLE!!! haha

Edit:
DkXjPjM.jpg

bonesquad

Hmm, I see a banner in NH about new armies, but they don't seem to be available quite yet..

I'm not sure what just happened in my games. Benders can not only take control of my units, but steal event cards and use them against me? Not cool. .

The wifi at my hotel sucked this week making it hard to take turns. That's what I'm using as my excuse at least.

A few things I try to do:
Trashing always helps you to get stronger hands down the line. Sometimes it's worth getting the trashing card even if you can afford something better, and stopping your opponent from getting it.
The cards that cost one triangle might not always be worth it.
Keep an eye on what your opponent is doing.
If you can't kill a monster (or buy a good card) is it better to banish it so your opponent can't get it.

And if you lose it isn't your fault as the cards you had available were rubbish, while your opponent had all the luck!

Are there any tips or tricks for Ascension? I tried my first game with the AI but I totally lost

A few things I try to do:
Trashing always helps you to get stronger hands down the line. Sometimes it's worth getting the trashing card even if you can afford something better, and stopping your opponent from getting it.
The cards that cost one triangle might not always be worth it.
Keep an eye on what your opponent is doing.
If you can't kill a monster (or buy a good card) is it better to banish it so your opponent can't get it.

And if you lose it isn't your fault as the cards you had available were rubbish, while your opponent had all the luck!

Pffft, just pick whatever! That's how I do it!

....it works sometimes! Well enough to keep me over .500! Haha.

GeekyDad

Anyone experiencing problems with the store for Elder Sign: Omens and/or know how to fix the issue? I uninstalled it for a while. Looks like it received several updates, and now with it reinstalled I can no longer access the store to retrieve my DLC.

Anyone having issues with SW telling you to sign in all the time? Not the playdek login, I mean the apple ID thing? After updating to iOS7 it kept prompting me for my appleID.

I also couldnt get it to restore my purchases, but the app is working anyway.

Quasar

Heres a question that someone here might know. The blizzard card game. Is there any chance we'll see a ios version? or is destined to just be a windows desktop/osx thing?

Brakara

It will at least be on iPad:

We’re excited to announce Blizzard’s newest game today, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, a free-to-play strategy card game that’s deceptively simple and insanely fun, coming to Windows, Mac, and the iPad!

An iPhone version is very unlikely (too small screen).

bonesquad

My SW game with Pray For Death is nearing the end...

I was waiting on squirrel killer for NH, but when I checked again just now it was my turn. Thanks for the notification NH, especially since it was one of those fake turns I don't even get to do anything:)

Heel

Pandemic for iPad out on October 3rd

This is a hugely popular cooperative board game, but the multiplayer on the iPad version is limited to pass-and-play, which may limit the game’s appeal somewhat — especially given that Pandemic clone Operation Eradicate already includes online multiplayer.

:(

Doesn't Scotland Yard have voice chat for online multiplayer? That would be perfect for this game. Makes me wish there was a system-level integration of iMessage and Facetime with Game Center for cross-platform messaging/chatting while playing games.

Pandemic for iPad out on October 3rd

:(

Doesn't Scotland Yard have voice chat for online multiplayer? That would be perfect for this game. Makes me wish there was a system-level integration of iMessage and Facetime with Game Center for cross-platform messaging/chatting while playing games.

It sucks it wont have online, and even if Operation Eradicate does, it still sucks ass (well it did last time I tried it anyway).

Scotland Yard online always sounded neat to me, but I never found people to play it since its not async.

I wish gamecentre just had its own chat, both text, voice and even video. use the same tech as everything else thats in an iPhone, but just link it to your gamecentre account instead of your actual phone number and email and shit, haha.

Hey Hellcruiser, I'm sorry but I need to quit our game of Las Vegas. I tried to play my turn, list connection, now it keeps asking if I want to resend my move, when my move wasn't even completed. If I turn down the option to resend, it just sits there, and doesn't give me dice.

I've tried different things, but it is just stuck. Sorry, mang.

bonesquad

If people are anxious, I'm about to lose to Pray for Death in our SW match. (Me - jungle elves, pray for death - benders.) It isn't officially over, but it might as well be since we're at end game and I'm outnumbered like 6 to 1. My entire last ditch plan hinged on rolling 5 for 5 on dice. I only got 3 to hit.

Top Bottom