• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

I got the T&E invite Ray. I haven't played it yet though so going to run through it a few times before I jump online.

Heh, Yeah I sent out 1 game that was 4 player between Me, Astro, Heel and Bigwinnerx, I think that one is working correctly...

...then I made another one that was supposed to be a 2 player match between me and Astro, but for some reason it has BWX and 2 Astro's in it...haha, that one might need to be deleted :p

I sent you a Fealty one too Astro, but I dont know if it worked or not, In my active games it has a 2 player match with a buncha weird names, so I dunno whats going on there.

I still wouldnt mind playing Operation Eradicate too, but those games seem to keep getting forgotten about it seems. Maybe we need to actually plan some of this stuff out better? Would you guys be interested in actually setting up game nights/days/morning/whatevers ? We could plan them in advance to play some certain games, basically treat it like a real life board game night. We should use Skype or whatever to actually talk so that games like Operation Eradicate could actually be played correctly, and stuff like Nightfall could be way more fun when you get to talk shit to the guy you just sent 2 Big Ghost and an Ivan at :p.

Heel

I still wouldnt mind playing Operation Eradicate too, but those games seem to keep getting forgotten about it seems. Maybe we need to actually plan some of this stuff out better? Would you guys be interested in actually setting up game nights/days/morning/whatevers ? We could plan them in advance to play some certain games, basically treat it like a real life board game night. We should use Skype or whatever to actually talk so that games like Operation Eradicate could actually be played correctly, and stuff like Nightfall could be way more fun when you get to talk shit to the guy you just sent 2 Big Ghost and an Ivan at :p.

I'm down. I like when games get finished in one sitting. tm24, Gamecocks and I have been having some fun blowing through Carc games.

I was talking about Eradicate with tm24 the other night. I think I'm going to wait for this "major update" the developer has planned before jumping in.

I'm down. I like when games get finished in one sitting. tm24, Gamecocks and I have been having some fun blowing through Carc games.

I was talking about Eradicate with tm24 the other night. I think I'm going to wait for this "major update" the developer has planned before jumping in.

Yeah, I love async, but there is something a lot more fun about just going through a game in one sitting.

We know which games everyone has, and which ones they REALLY want to play too, so it should be pretty easy to set up which games to play.

Neo Child

Banned
anyone up for some live games of Ascension? username is skarmachild on Gamecentre.

i dont have the expansion so cant play games with that.

im trying to figure out a strategy except choose 1 of the 4 factions to work with... :/

still fun!

sladeums

anyone up for some live games of Ascension? username is skarmachild on Gamecentre.

i dont have the expansion so cant play games with that.

im trying to figure out a strategy except choose 1 of the 4 factions to work with... :/

still fun!

Sent ya a req
Let's roll!

sladeums

awesome, wish there was a chat feature... lol. i have all night :p

got some mad moves with that 7 cost dragon... thinking of buying the expansion but its more expensive than the game and i dont have the money atm ):

You'll be amazed at how much the expansion adds to the game.

Much more variety and a little more strategy w/ a lotta the cards.

Neo Child

Banned
lol
Yeah, good games!

I'll hit you up for some more later ... and that's the way I like to play, blast thru and try not to think about it too too much.

Yeah unless i have 'draw other cards' cards to play, i just slam that PLAY ALL button. sometimes i press it too late, wish there was an undo move button but... guess thats strategy.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Bang! / BGG Link / Appshopper Link

Back on sale for 99 cents for anyone who missed it. Who wants to give this thing a shot? I haven't tried it yet, haha.
Bought...online is lame because it doesn't use GameCenter, though.

Why doesn't every game use GameCenter?!

Heel

xbxVRl.jpg

Game of luck? Time to buy some lotto tickets.

Come at me, bros.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If anyone wants live-ish games right now I'm around for the next hour or two. Nightfall, Ascension, TTR, pretty much anything. AstroLad on everything.

heringer

Not really enjoying Nightfall with more than 2 players. Unlike Ascension, I don't feel it's very fun with multiple opponents.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Nightfall just isn't clicking with me for some reason, and I feel like the interface is to blame on it. The game visually looks sharp, but there just seems to be a weird presentation of information in terms of influence and tiny text on abilities in your hand on picking things up.

I want to like the game, but I just can't get into it. I'll keep trying, but Ascension being so good is really preventing me from dedicating a lot of time trying to like it.

Ascension is a lot easier to get into and easier to play as well. I'd probably say its just a strait up better game, the issue for me is that I've been playing it nearly every day for close to a year and I'm kinda just getting bored of it. Haha. The new expansion will bring me back though!

Speaking of Ascension, I am really sorry I have been slacking on games, I was on vacation for the last week and really had very little time.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I quite like Nightfall for the variety it provides, but yeah it's definitely not a traditional deck builder. Actually looking forward to Nightfall expansions even more than Ascension ones to see where they go with the game (expansions are pretty well rated on BGG).

I think the nightfall expansions will come out relatively soon and at a good pace as well, since they already have pictures and stuff in the match settings.

I feel like Nightfall has the potential to be a much better game than ascension, im enjoying it more right now for sure, I just more reasons to link other cards in or whatever, I find a lot of games are just based around 'how can I get as many big boss/Ivans out in one turn'. And rarely do I have to make hard choices on which cards to play in which order, I usually just have to put the stuff out in the only way it would work to get all my cards on the field, while trying to get as many kickers as possible.

I want more cards with similar colours and damage with much different abilities, and I want either more ways to get rid of wounds, or a larger wound pile to make the games last longer. It seems like a lot of 2 player games end with 1 good round, and no real way to counter it after.

blackflag

I really like nitefall 1v1 but omg 4 players takes so long. I think it may actually be about the same or longer than asynchronous mtg would take.

I still can't get used to the fact that your minions go to the discard pile after you attack with them. I forget that and it always messes me up

tm24

God, i really need to get into Nightfall. I keep saying i will, but i always blow it off. I need to find Astrolad's awesome tutorial.

blackflag

God, i really need to get into Nightfall. I keep saying i will, but i always blow it off. I need to find Astrolad's awesome tutorial.

I need to do that with a bunch of other games. I haven't played Caylus, Titan, T&E, RA, some other game from the same company...I haven't even opened the last 3.

tm24

New Carc update which fixes an issue I've had with their being a weird crazy delay on placing meeples. Glad that got fixed since its been affecting me a lot

Heel

New Carc update which fixes an issue I've had with their being a weird crazy delay on placing meeples. Glad that got fixed since its been affecting me a lot

Yep, had the same problem. Nice.

Only other issue I have is the app resuming to a random game where it's not my turn when I have pending moves and start the game. It should resume to a game where it's my turn to make a move, not make me use the meeple cog menu. If that makes sense...

besada

Banned
If anyone else wants to hit me up on Ascension, I'm pretty good about getting my turns in in a timely manner.

DukeSucks

In ascension, some of you guys have different colors for the rectangle background behind your name. How do you change that? Not that I can see my own anyway :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm probably gonna pick that up tonight.

I've been hoping the dev would make a committal statement about whether or not they are gonna add multiplayer.

Problem is even those aren't worth that much. Look at Neuroshima Hex and a few other games where we've been waiting on promised async FOREVER.

Heel

In ascension, some of you guys have different colors for the rectangle background behind your name. How do you change that? Not that I can see my own anyway :)

Never noticed, but I think it has something to do with what type of cards you're putting in your deck. Anyone know the specifics?

Problem is even those aren't worth that much. Look at Neuroshima Hex and a few other games where we've been waiting on promised async FOREVER.

March 5, 2012
Good news, everyone! Neuroshima Hex multiplayer update is going to be published in April.

lol

Playdek has Summoner Wars marked for June according to BGG. Agricola pushed back to Summer 2012.

sladeums

No doubt.
It's coming soon, though!
hahah
April 22nd they said that.
http://www.bigdaddyscreations.com/688/wings-of-glory-not-a-secret-any-more/#comment-2197
booster says:
On Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 2:29 pm
I’m testing it right now, should be send to Apple this month, so we still can make it :)

and the following day on Twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/bigdcreations/status/194390848270630912
it's done :) still some bugs need to be fixed, though, but should be available very, very soon :)

sladeums

Speaking of async updates....
one for Puerto Rico HD is in the wings :
At long last, we have submitted Puerto Rico 1.1 to Ravensburger for their approval. Then it's on to Apple approval.

So, we're hopeful you'll be able to play a turn-based (a.k.a. asynchronous) game online before the end of May!

This version also includes:
- a major improvement to the AI for all "sizes" of game (2 to 5 players)
- custom online game creation (add AI, etc.)
- a more user-friendly online game "lobby" for managing games
- asynchronous chat

Happy gaming!

I'm gonna go cry in the corner! :'(

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, I was so sure I was gonna win in ascension vs Anilones! The game was going really well for me, but he tied the score with a huge last turn and won! Not only that, he finally beat me in nightfall too!

I hate you Anilones. HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Anilones

I'm gonna go cry in the corner! :'(

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, I was so sure I was gonna win in ascension vs Anilones! The game was going really well for me, but he tied the score with a huge last turn and won! Not only that, he finally beat me in nightfall too!

I hate you Anilones. HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!! :'(
After you defeated Samael I didn't think I had a chance, I was very lucky. As for Nightfall I'm starting to get used to the cards and mechanics, I don't know how many times I've lost to you and sladeums though.

As for crying just console yourself by the fact you'll probably beat me the next five games.

After you defeated Samael I didn't think I had a chance, I was very lucky. As for Nightfall I'm starting to get used to the cards and mechanics, I don't know how many times I've lost to you and sladeums though.

As for crying just console yourself by the fact you'll probably beat me the next five games.

No way man, considering how consistently you beat me in Ascension im not willing to just say you were lucky :p. The Ascension loss only hurt as much as it did because I lost that Nightfall match though.

Your definitely getting better at Nightfall though, if only because you dont put in and take out as many cards as you used to do. Its fun to watch and see the thought process of people and how they plan to lay out their cards though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Alright guys, I'm back from my 1week vacation! Sorry for all the invites/turns I've missed :/ Please get me up to date with boardgame news/releases? :/ Please hit me up with invites again, I'm suffering from some serious withdrawal. I'll start making turns once I'm home at like 1am! (PST) Thanks in advance :)

Top Bottom