• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Brakara

Damn, tm24 pulled out some magic in the last couple of Ascension rounds and beat me 97-94. REMATCH!

Edit: I wish there was some end-game replay mode where you could check out every round of the game at your own leisure.

Heel I am coming after your record! Accept my invite!

Taking on all comers in Ascension, as per usual. Galvatron, I like how we each have been kicking each other's butts, lately.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
here's a new one ... looks like it's just pass n play for 1-6, tho.

Yggdrasil for iPad By Ludonaute, $5.99 US
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id518377217?mt=8
This application is the adaptation of the famous board game Yggdrasil.
Yggdrasil is a game designed by Cédric Lefebvre and Fabrice Rabellino, illustrated by Pierô and published by Ludonaute.
Ipad development is made by Stéphane Legrand.

http://www.en.ludonaute.fr/?p=542

Gah I wanna learn this game too but can't really do that if it's local-only and requires numerous players.

sladeums

Gah I wanna learn this game too but can't really do that if it's local-only and requires numerous players.

Yeah, was kinda disappointed about the pnp only.
Looks really good besides that ...

There is a tutorial, and going by some posts on BGG the board version plays fine solo.

Heel

Heel I am coming after your record! Accept my invite!

Taking on all comers in Ascension, as per usual. Galvatron, I like how we each have been kicking each other's butts, lately.

Getting a little practice with the AI on the expansion before I'm forced to beat you and AstroLad mercilessly :)

Shoot me an invite on the base game in the meantime.

Can someone explain why or if Ra is fun? I got it when it was on sale with T&E and Tikal (I like both of those) but Ra seems pretty bleh so far, particularly when I have things like Ascension or Nightfall to play (or Carc/Elder Signs/etc).

Also, with Ascension, should I be playing just the expansion or core+exp?

Heel

DukeSucks and butzopower just beat me in back-to-back games of Ascension. You guys were right, this game is all luck.

butzopower

proud of his butz
DukeSucks and butzopower just beat me in back-to-back games of Ascension. You guys were right, this game is all luck.

I still don't know how you won the game before that.

We'll see how expansion games go, but it's been interesting going back to vanilla and learning some new old tricks.

tm24

Damn, tm24 pulled out some magic in the last couple of Ascension rounds and beat me 97-94. REMATCH!

Edit: I wish there was some end-game replay mode where you could check out every round of the game at your own leisure.

I live and die by last turn magic!

Heel

I still don't know how you won the game before that

The one where you played a million cards in a row and killed all the monsters and got all the high value cards? Yeah, me either lol. I think I played Mechana constructs to get more and more Mechana that game.

randomwab

Has anyone experienced a crash in Carcassonne that quit out of pending invitations? I was invited to a game and had a friend request from a fellow GAF user sitting when I opened the app, but it crashed and when I reopened, both were gone.

So basically, sorry if you invited me to a game and I didn't accept (think it might have been Voskot) or if I didn't accept your friend request (someone with an Ico pic).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Alright! Home, did the few turns in the games I couldn't finish before I left (I'm looking at you Carc) and sent out lots of invites. If anyone didn't get an invite from me, please don't hesitate to send me one, I'm down for anything :)

sladeums

Playdek on FB sez

We submitted Ascension: Storm of Souls to Apple. A free update to Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer will enable you to buy Ascension: Storm of Souls as an in-app purchase. The update has a lot of new features, too

Smiley90

YES! YES! YES!

I would kill for an ELO rating

Oh god if it has an ELO rating like Carc I will literally throw my money at playdek. For a start I will settle for multitasking support though, that's my most pressing concern and really the only thing bugging me. Expansion will be day1-buy for me, who else is down for some expansion games as soon as it hits? Oh god this is totally coming out of left field, I wasn't expecting it so soon, I'm so excited right now.

Also, sladeums, how did I beat you in that first Nightfall game?!? It was just... suddenly over and I had no idea I was actually doing well oO

butzopower

proud of his butz
Oh god if it has an ELO rating like Carc I will literally throw my money at playdek. For a start I will settle for multitasking support though, that's my most pressing concern and really the only thing bugging me. Expansion will be day1-buy for me, who else is down for some expansion games as soon as it hits? Oh god this is totally coming out of left field, I wasn't expecting it so soon, I'm so excited right now.

Also, sladeums, how did I beat you in that first Nightfall game?!? It was just... suddenly over and I had no idea I was actually doing well oO

This, and GW2, are the two releases I'm really excited about right now.

Smiley90

This, and GW2, are the two releases I'm really excited about right now.

I like you very much right now. I missed the BWE because I was on vacation, SO FRUSTRATED. So frustrated in fact that I read the 20+ish new pages of the GW2 beta thread WHILE on vacation on my iPhone, thanks to poolside Wifi. Yeah, I`m kinda excited about the game too.

Also, Summoner Wars only a month away, good boardgame times will be had, Playdek is hands down my favourite iOS developer. They deliver when promised, they keep in touch with the community, and what they deliver is high quality. I hope they have something in store for after Agricola too, but I`d be happy for just more Nightfall expansions too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I'll be there Day 1 for the Ascension expansion.

fwiw, I believe in the tabletop it's actually supposed to be a standalone that CAN work as an expansion. unlike return of the fallen which is the converse

sladeums

yeah I wasn't sure what was going on in the first one because the Wound count was off.

I usually play with it on ... Im not adverse to playing with it off, but for a bit there I was confused why it wasn't showing up until remembered you could even turn it off.

I kinda screwed myself the first match because there were only like two minion cards in the shared Archive and I didn't draft any for my private stash so had no minions except the starters for most of the game.

Pretty crap games there for me...

fwiw, I believe in the tabletop it's actually supposed to be a standalone that CAN work as an expansion. unlike return of the fallen which is the converse

I'm not sure if it is accurate, but in one of the BGG news posts they said SoS (when used with the other card set(s)) would support up to 6 players.
I know the physical will .... but their statement was stataing such was also the case for the iOS version.

Brakara

Yeah, it can be played with the other decks, but is designed as a standalone or to be played with the next expansion. The physical box don't require Chronicle at all.

I'll also be there day 1, playing it as a standalone. But we need a new code for the spreadsheet indicating you have it ...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, it can be played with the other decks, but is designed as a standalone or to be played with the next expansion. The physical box don't require Chronicle at all.

I'll also be there day 1, playing it as a standalone. But we need a new code for the spreadsheet indicating you have it ...
We can just make it a new entry.

sladeums

Yggdrasil is pretty awesome, btw.

Typo laden, as it is translated from French ... and at first the gameplay seems totally incomprehensible, but after a couple games it is pretty easy to pick up.
Tutorial ain't great but the full rules are there and an aways available help button explains all the areas of the board.

Attractive presentation that seems to be a fairly faithful recration of the physical game with not a lot of flourishes...only plays in Portrait.

Lotsa choices to make per round with none necessarily always being the "best" one.
Difficulty scales real well with adjusting the cards and characters used in game, and it presents a really good challenge level.

Dice rolls make chance a big factor - but you can limit that some by supplementing your rolls.
Then enemy card draws make each game play out slightly different than the last.

A very strong sense of urgency as the final turns play out trying to beat back the baddies on the board make it one you don't wanna put down.

The solitaire play is great, imo.
I'd definitely rec checking it out if it looks interesting to you and $6 won't break you.

Back to more !

Smiley90

Oh wow, just had a 66-66 WIN against Got The Shakes, hasn't happened to me before. What decided who wins in case of a tie in Ascension? In Nightfall it's less of the highest wound-type, but what about Ascension? Anyway, gg :p

Oh wow, just had a 66-66 WIN against Got The Shakes, hasn't happened to me before. What decided who wins in case of a tie in Ascension? In Nightfall it's less of the highest wound-type, but what about Ascension? Anyway, gg :p

That was a good game. I feel like I read somewhere that the tiebreaker is whoever went 2nd in the 1st round gets the win.

Card Boy

Banned
Please be at least one of:
-Multitasking support
-Chat
-Persistent rating
-iPad retina

Yes please to all of this, plus give me Gamecentre achievements (Food Fight has them).

Also Astro and others i need acouple offline practice matches under my belt before i try online.

Smiley90

Yeah, got the shakes. I was saying this is the way tie games are decided and i lost a game to him that way and i raged since that rule is stupid!

I just thought it was rather funny how you adressed him by 3rd person when he was right there. Like, "Hey tm24, I once lost this game to tm24 and the guy played so well!". Just sounds awkward adressing someone you're directly talking to in 3rd person :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Whoo just got the 50 online wins achievement in Nightfall. :D

I feel like I should be playing more 3 & 4p games though. I know some hate on it b/c if you have damage off ti's just a mess but I feel like with damage on it's totally good. And also if you look at some of the cards it's pretty clear they were designed for larger games.

So someone send out invites. :D

Whoo just got the 50 online wins achievement in Nightfall. :D

I feel like I should be playing more 3 & 4p games though. I know some hate on it b/c if you have damage off ti's just a mess but I feel like with damage on it's totally good. And also if you look at some of the cards it's pretty clear they were designed for larger games.

So someone send out invites. :D

They really need to add in a way to look at what you have in your deck, not just whats in your discard pile. Ive been trying not to play too many games since its really hard to keep track of what I was doing in each match without a way to see what ive already picked up.

Grats on 50 wins btw!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is it just me or is damage visibility actually bugged? Like there's some games where it's on but at some point you can only see total damage left, not individual damage counts.

Is it just me or is damage visibility actually bugged? Like there's some games where it's on but at some point you can only see total damage left, not individual damage counts.

Yeah, I just had that happen in our last game. it said only 2 damage left, but I had no idea how much damage we each had, haha.

Vard

Picked up Ascension and played 1 game against the CPU. Really enjoying it; it was a steal at $0.99. Looking forward to playing against some GAFfers!

Edit: clicking on the Buy expansion button on the Start screen is doing nothing... Strange...

Heel

Lol, not quite. I just get lucky like everyone else.

I don't think I've been lucky enough to put together a deck that gets double digit runes and power in the same turn. In fact I don't think I even know how to, hahaha. I think you did it in both games too. Hats off sir, I clearly have a lot to learn. You had half a dozen constructs and I could not slow you down at all.

Smiley90

I don't think I've been lucky enough to put together a deck that gets double digit runes and power in the same turn. In fact I don't think I even know how to, hahaha. I think you did it in both games too. Hats off sir, I clearly have a lot to learn. You had half a dozen constructs and I could not slow you down at all.

You still haven't accepted my Ascension invite. Boo. Or do you only have the base set?

mGRbl.png

Grrrrr I hate when this happens! Super fun game, rematch is in order.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Sorry Smiley. I basically just killed you, ground your corpse into pulp, and shat on it in Ascension. You got me pretty good in Nightfall the other day, though, and are killing in Catan.

Smiley90

Sorry Smiley. I basically just killed you, ground your corpse into pulp, and shat on it in Ascension. You got me pretty good in Nightfall the other day, though, and are killing in Catan.

LOL Yeah I saw that coming for a long time, and it only got worse and worse LOL. But LOL@how graphic your comment was. (Also, Catan? Wat? You mean Carc?)

Top Bottom