• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's why the spreadsheet is useful you can see who has the expansion and who doesn't. Lots of people still play base.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
iPhone sucks for most of these games anyway IMO
Screen's way too small. Seems that most people who have both don't use their iPhone for gaming at all anymore.

I have an iPhone and it's fine, for all games. ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
false for Small World, Cyclades, Forbidden Island, Ghost Stories, Yggdrasil, and a few others!

I checkout out Nightfall on my friend's iPhone and let me just say wow I admire you guys. That game is hard enough to follow sometimes on the giant screen. eek.

that said i was an itouch gamer for years before getting the 'pad, but that was mostly all carc and a little ascension

false for Small World, Cyclades, Forbidden Island, Ghost Stories, Yggdrasil, and a few others!

I checkout out Nightfall on my friend's iPhone and let me just say wow I admire you guys. That game is hard enough to follow sometimes on the giant screen. eek.

that said i was an itouch gamer for years before getting the 'pad, but that was mostly all carc and a little ascension

Yeah, I bought an iPod Touch strictly as a gaming machine, and loved the hell out of it, but since getting this new iPad I havent touched it at all. Once I actually jump on the iPhone train (probably this year) I will use that for some games, but probably just taking my turns in MP games while im away from wifi.

Love this iPad so much, so good for games.

tm24

jtK8S.jpg

I want it so bad!

Smiley90

Here's the beatdown from earlier (sorry it's so big, retina screen and all):

I'm proud of my lack of starting cards in that chain.

I had to take it out on poor Heel for that loss :/ I had like 8 constructs in the end and like 10 extra carddraws per turn :/ 71 points in cards lol.

also I WANT THAT ASCENSION UPDATE RIGHT NOW GRRRRR

Heel

I had to take it out on poor Heel for that loss :/ I had like 8 constructs in the end and like 10 extra carddraws per turn :/ 71 points in cards lol.

This man is a liar and a cheat. Also, this game is all luck. Not to mention I'm not used to the expansion yet...yeah that's it.

Smiley90

This man is a liar and a cheat. Also, this game is all luck. Not to mention I'm not used to the expansion yet...yeah that's it.

Okay maybe like 5 extra carddraws per turn. I DID have 8 constructs in play in the end though :D

Heel

Okay maybe like 5 extra carddraws per turn. I DID have 8 constructs in play in the end though :D

Yeah that was killer. Earlier doc wiley beat me by defeating Avatar of the Fallen on the last turn. This has not been a good Ascension day...lol.

Record is now 31-11. Trying to learn from people who kick my ass.

Smiley90

Yeah that was killer. Earlier doc wiley beat me by defeating Avatar of the Fallen on the last turn. This has not been a good Ascension day...lol.

Record is now 31-11. Trying to learn from people who kick my ass.

Hey your record is still WAY better than mine. I'm barely at 50% :(

Octobot, I am happy to play games with you, but you have to set longer than 1 day, hell you couldn't even finish the last one because your time ran out.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Just ended a pretty intense Nightfall game with Smiley. We both passed on chaining a few times, and we both managed to clear some heavy upcoming attacks on our turns. Of course it ended with a one card chain with the purple starting card.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I sent out a couple of Ascension invites earlier, but if anyone fancies having a pop at me on that or Nightfall then my GC username is 100needles. I'll take you all on! Will definitely be getting the new expansion when it hits, so feel free to include me on some of those games too.

Has anyone noticed that you can sometimes add extra cards when creating a game in Nightfall? If you click on the "details" tab under your profile you can see the expansions for the game (locked) and the nightfall one has three cards you can turn on or off. Mine has Zombie Horde and Shallow Seven and another I can't select. Didn't see anything explaining this in the app, so not sure if it's common knowledge. I assume you unlock those cards by winning them from people/winning games?

sladeums

I sent out a couple of Ascension invites earlier, but if anyone fancies having a pop at me on that or Nightfall then my GC username is 100needles. I'll take you all on! Will definitely be getting the new expansion when it hits, so feel free to include me on some of those games too.

Has anyone noticed that you can sometimes add extra cards when creating a game in Nightfall? If you click on the "details" tab under your profile you can see the expansions for the game (locked) and the nightfall one has three cards you can turn on or off. Mine has Zombie Horde and Shallow Seven and another I can't select. Didn't see anything explaining this in the app, so not sure if it's common knowledge. I assume you unlock those cards by winning them from people/winning games?

the Nightfall promo cards are all tied to Achievements :
Zombie Horde for beating the Tutorial
Shadow Seven for winning a 4 to 5 player match with 5 or less wounds
Lisaveta Florescu for dealing 500 career wounds

once you've unlocked them you can choose to include them in matches.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
the Nightfall promo cards are all tied to Achievements :
Zombie Horde for beating the Tutorial
Shadow Seven for winning a 4 to 5 player match with 5 or less wounds
Lisaveta Florescu for dealing 500 career wounds

once you've unlocked them you can choose to include them in matches.
I see! Didn't realise that was the case. Will have to start some games with them included I guess!

Edit: Assssttrroooollaaaaaad! I thought I ha that game in the bag, but you tied it up. Next time!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lots of people are forgetting about ticket to ride matches! Take your turns fools!

This is because their notifications suck! (Like T&E). Good reminder though. I have to prod myself to check T&E and TTR every couple days. Which is too bad because T&E is an awesome game -- wish I had more matches going.

This is because their notifications suck! (Like T&E). Good reminder though. I have to prod myself to check T&E and TTR every couple days. Which is too bad because T&E is an awesome game -- wish I had more matches going.

The TTR notifications are terrible, and I never know which one I get an invite for since they show up on both my iPad and iPhone even thought I only have TTR Pocket installed on my iPhone and the regular TTR on my iPad.

Yeah, the pull down notifications menu works pretty well though, and I usually just check through all my multiplayer games once a day, just to make sure I didn't miss any.

Edit: looks like I forgot about tigris! In my defense that game is new to me, so it's not part of my daily rotation!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, the pull down notifications menu works pretty well though, and I usually just check through all my multiplayer games once a day, just to make sure I didn't miss any.

Edit: looks like I forgot about tigris! In my defense that game is new to me, so it's not part of my daily rotation!

I forget how, but I believe even the pull-down notifications disappear.

Manik

Good game superrobot! Quite pleased with a 63-63 loss in my first ever (completed) game against a human opponent. Still not 100% on what I was setting out to do, but it kind of worked!

Well played :)

Good game superrobot! Quite pleased with a 63-63 loss in my first ever (completed) game against a human opponent. Still not 100% on what I was setting out to do, but it kind of worked!

Well played :)

Thanks. You too.
Never won on a tiebreak before.
Will rematch shortly. I've no handle on strategy so far. You'll need to ask the veterans here.

tm24

Holy crap that dominion shuffler app is awesome. Hmm, I should get a friend to make an ascension honor tracking app

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeeeee!?

Playdek, Inc. ‏ @Playdek
Ascension servers down briefly for some updates... Please stand by
Expand

sladeums

• Adjustable Honor Pool for OFFLINE games
  • “Fast-app switching” support
  • “Next Game” button for quickly switching between online games that are waiting for you to take your turn
  • 28 day ONLINE game timer
  • Support for iPad HD Retina Display
  • In App Purchase Manager – buy and restore from within the game
  • Selectable themes: select between game themes from all your purchased versions (Chronicle, Return, Storm)
  • In-App purchase: Ascension: Return of the Fallen
  • In-App purchase: Ascension: Storm of Souls
  • In-App purchase: Promo Pack 1

tm24

Hmm, now we have to figure out how to work the 2 new IAPs into the spredsheet. O should indicate the 2 new IAPs but we need one to indicates RotF.

Smiley90

• Adjustable Honor Pool for OFFLINE games
  • “Fast-app switching” support
  • “Next Game” button for quickly switching between online games that are waiting for you to take your turn
  • 28 day ONLINE game timer
  • Support for iPad HD Retina Display
  • In App Purchase Manager – buy and restore from within the game
  • Selectable themes: select between game themes from all your purchased versions (Chronicle, Return, Storm)
  • In-App purchase: Ascension: Return of the Fallen
  • In-App purchase: Ascension: Storm of Souls
  • In-App purchase: Promo Pack 1

Fast-app switching = multitask support?

Also HELLLLLLLZ YEAH I'm home in 25min tops, SEND ME INVITES PEOPLE. I have 30mins until going to my gf's, wanna get some live games in or at least get it started.

Heel

Adjustable honor pool is awesome...always feel like games are too short to build an interesting deck. Why offline only though? Boooo.

I'll be buying everything as soon as the download finishes.

Smiley90

Hmm, now we have to figure out how to work the 2 new IAPs into the spredsheet. O should indicate the 2 new IAPs but we need one to indicates RotF.

How about we make a special thing for Ascension where R = Return of the Fallen, O = All expansions and P = all expansions + promo?

Edit: Adjustable honour pool WOULD be pretty cool online too, especially with now 28day-timers... :x

Smiley90

I think this works nicely.

I'm just asuming that people buy RotF before buying the newest expansion, and that before promos, so a scenario where someone would only have the new expansion but NOT RotF seems unlikely.

Top Bottom