• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

butzopower

proud of his butz
I wish i was good enough at math to determine the odds of getting both Rat Kings in the starting center row. Since it just happened to me and Heel

Screen shot that.

Anyone know how the hell you'd get some of these achievements? 5 Turns in a row in vanilla? How is possible?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Screen shot that.

Anyone know how the hell you'd get some of these achievements? 5 Turns in a row in vanilla? How is possible?

not vanilla, it's RotF. And it has a card that lets you take extra turns in it, so I'd assume that's how? :D

tm24

Screen shot that.

Forget to take it after it first happened, but took me after my turn.

Ae9Ga.jpg

Just add the 2 missing rats

Also, the 5 turn one is for RotF. It's basically asking you to do the infinite. You need a reclamax, the tablet and a bunch of draw cards to reclaim the reclamax

Smiley90

Forget to take it after it first happened, but took me after my turn.

Ae9Ga.jpg

Just add the 2 missing rats

Also, the 5 turn one is for RotF. It's basically asking you to do the infinite. You need a reclamax, the tablet and a bunch of draw cards to reclaim the reclamax

You also need the Large Hadron Collider (I think? The one that makes all constructs Mechana Constructs), because the Tablet is an Enlightened and Reclamax only works on Mechana.

tm24

There's definitely two achievements for taking 5 turns, one is with RotF, the other is with only CotG.
Figured it out. You have to make the center deck nothing but monsters and tablets. Thus you force the center deck to be reshuffled with banished cards. It's absolutely insane and much harder than the RotF loop

Anilones

The achievement for Return of the Fallen doesn't stipulate that it is only with that deck so you can play with both Chronicle and Return (Tablet, Reclamax and an 'all mechana constructs card'). For the Chronicle of the Godslayer it has to be done with that deck only.

Good luck with either though, you'll need it!

Card Boy

Banned
So there are no bundle deals for Ascension expansions? Why is there a bundle tab in the In App Store with nothing in it?

I think there is regional pricing happening here. Expansion is $4.50 here.

Manik

Man, how typical. The expansion comes out and I'm away all weekend :( I'm going to have some catching up to do come Monday evening....

NekoFever

What a great update to Ascension. Game Center and the expansions are nice, but being able to read the cards without zooming on my retina iPad is fantastic. Plus general usability improvements like the 'Next game' button.

All this and imminent Neuroshima Hex multiplayer? Splurge.

Anyway, I'm coming out as an iOS board game player. Added myself to the spreadsheet.

Fuck, this ascension update and new expansion are crazy. Update is awesome so far, and this expansion has a lot of new stuff! It's going to take me a while to figure everything out.

bonesquad

Neuroshima Hex update update

Big Daddy's Creations @bigdcreations

I'm still skeptical...

Plus I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked even worse than I do in Ascension. I don't know how people can win playing for power/defeating monsters. Every time I try that route I lose. Maybe the new expansions will help.

The added touch where Ascension pauses a split second before your opponent defeats/acquires a card is a welcome addition when playing on the iphone.

J0dy77

I feel Wizards of the Coast are effectively lighting a match to a stack of money by not putting Magic 2013 on iOS devices. Huge missed opertunity.

I think about this every time I see another card game on iOS. Magic is such a great game but it's almost like they don't want people to experience it, the cost to be competitive is just insane. I just can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars to build a deck every few months when a new set comes out.

If they would just lower the digital pricing, make a solid auction house (not like the mess that is on MTGO) and create a great interface like Ascension they could print money. Such a huge missed opportunity for everyone.

Heel

I think about this every time I see another card game on iOS. Magic is such a great game but it's almost like they don't want people to experience it, the cost to be competitive is just insane. I just can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars to build a deck every few months when a new set comes out.

If they would just lower the digital pricing, make a solid auction house (not like the mess that is on MTGO) and create a great interface like Ascension they could print money. Such a huge missed opportunity for everyone.

Isn't it coming to iPad this year? I don't know anything about Magic so maybe it's not actually what you're looking for.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/945

J0dy77

Isn't it coming to iPad this year? I don't know anything about Magic so maybe it's not actually what you're looking for.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/945

This isn't the full magic experience. It's a start and kind of a "taste to get you hooked". You can't build your own fully customized decks, it's really a half experience of what the physical game and Magic Online are like. Draft games, constructed tournaments are where the real fun is and extremely expensive.

I'll pick this version up and keep hoping they one day port a better version of Magic Online to the iPad.

J0dy77

Nightfall is great -- not quite as good as Ascension but lots of fun in a different way.

I'll keep giving it another chance. I only played a handful - 10 games. I think it will feel a lot better on the iPad too, the iPhone seems very cramped and hard to learn the game on.

Thanks to everyone for pushing me over the edge on the expansion pack, even bought the promo (still not clue what it does). Love the new mechanics.

Draxal

This isn't the full magic experience. It's a start and kind of a "taste to get you hooked". You can't build your own fully customized decks, it's really a half experience of what the physical game and Magic Online are like. Draft games, constructed tournaments are where the real fun is and extremely expensive.

I'll pick this version up and keep hoping they one day port a better version of Magic Online to the iPad.

CCG's and LCG's are way more complicated then implementing board games/Dominion Deck Builers to IOS, and in Magic's case they might cannibalize their own card sales and alienate brick and mortar. I just understand why they're taking a cautious approach with this, as the only ccg's out there on the IOS were pretty much designed for it.

Anyway, I'm desperately awaiting for Summoner Wars. I wants it now.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm like 4-10 on the new Ascension set hahah. Probably should pay attention instead of just going ooh that card looks fun.

octobot

I'm like 3-10 on the new Ascension set hahah. Probably should pay attention instead of just going ooh that card looks fun.

In That game I played you everything was working out for me. Loving the expansion so far. I've played it more in 1 day than the 8 or so games of the physical version (storm of souls)

lfKGq.png

Caught a ninja edit there, Astro? Buffing your win/loss record? It's okay not be great at something new. ;)

I'm really enjoying the expansion. Great mechanics and fun new cards. The art style is really nice too.

Card Boy

Banned

Why are you quoting a post from before the Magic 2013 announcement? It's coming out now! haha

Smiley90

Storm of Souls is sooo good. So many new mechanics and cards, it adds so much more strategy, even more than RotF did to the base (and RotF made the base a LOT better.)

DukeSucks

Doc, I don't know what you did on that last turn, but it seemed like it lasted 5 minutes and you played about 20 cards. Nice beat down :)

galvatron

Doc, I don't know what you did on that last turn, but it seemed like it lasted 5 minutes and you played about 20 cards. Nice beat down :)

Thanks! I think that one ended with a pretty good turn that pushed me over the honor point quota, then activating Tablet of Time's Dawn to get another turn. Good games.

Top Bottom