• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

tm24

Holy crap at my favorite change so far. The deck now displays your common hero cards first instead of having to scroll all the way to the left! MEGATON!

Expansion is 4 bucks with the promos coming in at a dollar

EDIT: Absolutely loving the new Unite effect

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't see the update and my Ascension doesn't work. Blurg. I'll try again when I get home.

Yeah Ascension didn't work for me either without the update, but NOW OH GOD SO MANY NEW CARDS I HAVE TO MEMORIZE. Have to read up on this stuff.

sladeums

Who needs a match ?
I've got everything and am free for the next few hours.

Send me an invite or friends req if I'm not on your list.

sladeums

bonesquad

• Adjustable Honor Pool for OFFLINE games
  • “Fast-app switching” support
  • “Next Game” button for quickly switching between online games that are waiting for you to take your turn
  • 28 day ONLINE game timer
  • Support for iPad HD Retina Display
  • In App Purchase Manager – buy and restore from within the game
  • Selectable themes: select between game themes from all your purchased versions (Chronicle, Return, Storm)
  • In-App purchase: Ascension: Return of the Fallen
  • In-App purchase: Ascension: Storm of Souls
  • In-App purchase: Promo Pack 1

I didn't expect anything other than the expansions. Fast-app switching? Nice!

The app store doesn't mention it, but it looks like Game Center achievements (!) were also added. I was surprised to see one popup after I played a quick game to try out the new IAPs.

Now back to playing and probably losing...

Smiley90

I didn't expect anything other than the expansions. Fast-app switching? Nice!

The app store doesn't mention it, but it looks like Game Center achievements (!) were also added. I was surprised to see one popup after I played a quick game to try out the new IAPs.

Now back to playing and probably losing...

Still has no multitasking though, so that's not it :(

Also, sent an invite to a 4p game with Astrolad, join once you have it ;)

Also I'll play live until I have to go to my gf's, then more slowly paced :D until later tonight ;)

tm24

Wow, the trophy system is the craziest thing ever. Makes it so having too many attack cards isnt totally a death knell at times. Seriously, the three new systems (event, trophy and unite) totally add so much strategy to the game. There's hardly any luck now

galvatron

Adjustable honor pool is awesome...always feel like games are too short to build an interesting deck. Why offline only though? Boooo.

I'll be buying everything as soon as the download finishes.

Yeah, if they allowed this online then maybe my reign of terror on 3+ player games would finally end. Having a higher cap would make the 3+ multiplayer games actually reward planning ahead. I think I have literally lost 2 of these on GAF and that is because I don't make any complex decisions...the board is too random to plan for the future when 2 or 3 people get to muck with it, so I just grab the most valuable cards, with few exceptions.

If 2-player ascension is No-limit Hold 'Em, then 3+ player Acension is limit hold 'em.

Smiley90

Won't be home for another 3 hours, ya'll gonna be better than me.

Sent you an invite anyway, accept whenever you update. So I don't forget. :p Gotta go now, so my pace of taking turns will dramatically fall :x I'll be home in a few hours though and be able to take more turns! so... many..new... cards... Big fan of the events so far. Also I love how it actually now shows better what the opponent does (plays constructs, discards cards, etc)

Heel

Seriously, Ascension is almost Carcassonne Tier now.

Add chat, ranking system and adjustable honor pool online and I can't think of anything to complain about. It's already great as is.

Props to Playdek.

galvatron

Bought expansion and promo on iphone and now I can't get them to restore on the ipad. Keeps saying that I'm not logged in with the user that bought the app when I log in with the apple id that I used to purchase the expansions. Maybe it just takes a while to propagate...should have bought on ipad first for the graphics update.

Smiley90

I love how so many new cards have various change (as in, use runes as power etx) effects and all new mechanics, it adds so much. GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. Can't wait to be home and play more.

sladeums

SoS is blowing my mind.

Whatever the hell this Void Event card is that lets you keep drawing cards is infuckingsane ... Played a couple matches where that showed up in at the end and it was just craaaazy.

I couldn't quite believe that game, hadn't played with Draft or Promo cards so was experimenting a lot. I should do it more often!

Yeah, for not knowing what you were doing you drafted a wicked set of cards, the on in perticular basically won you the match. it was good fun man.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Wow is SoS different. I'm pretty out of it right now, so I'm not gonna send invites, but I'm down for people to invite me. GC: lambdabutz if you haven't added me already.

Heel

Only issue I have now is the "play online" button doesn't stay grayed out while it waits for the app to connect to game center. Pressing the button will say you aren't signed into game center, and there's a bit of delay until that happens. Maybe it's server load, I dunno. Pretty minor.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Anyone have the Ascension boardgame? as in the physical version? Is it any good?

tm24 does.

We have it at my work, along with Return of the Fallen. I haven't played at work at all. I'm not sure if I'd be as good without being able to look at what cards are in my deck, although I'd also only be playing one game.

Smiley90

tm24 does.

We have it at my work, along with Return of the Fallen. I haven't played at work at all. I'm not sure if I'd be as good without being able to look at what cards are in my deck, although I'd also only be playing one game.

You have ASCENSION at work?!? That sounds cool.

tm24

Anyone have the Ascension boardgame? as in the physical version? Is it any good?

tm24 does.

haha I do! I love it. The game plays slower since everything isn't down automatically, buts its so fun around the table with people trashtalking. Me and a couple friend have been playing around with the 2v2 variant that's been floating around and its so much fun. Im trying to get my friend to whip up an honor pool app to speed up the end game process by about 2 minutes.

butzopower

proud of his butz
You have ASCENSION at work?!? That sounds cool.

We have Dominion and a few expansions, which I've played a few times, and Forbidden Island, which I haven't played at all. We also have ping pong, which I mostly end up playing. It's a pretty sweet deal all around.

Smiley90

We have Dominion and a few expansions, which I've played a few times, and Forbidden Island, which I haven't played at all. We also have ping pong, which I mostly end up playing. It's a pretty sweet deal all around.

We have a microwave. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I own Ascension and all the expansions, but I don't bust it out much because it plays so much better on the iPad. (And I have like 150 other games to choose from :p).

We have a game night at work every Monday 6-9. There's also game lunch on Wednesday afternoon and a different game night Wednesday night. But I stick to my game night because I have to get work done. :p I've played Ascension at game night before, but we usually play a wide variety. Last week it was the new TTR Team Asia and the D&D worker-placement game, Lords of Waterdeep.

Smiley90

I own Ascension and all the expansions, but I don't bust it out much because it plays so much better on the iPad. (And I have like 150 other games to choose from :p).

We have a game night at work every Monday 6-9. There's also game lunch on Wednesday afternoon and a different game night Wednesday night. But I stick to my game night because I have to get work done. :p I've played Ascension at game night before, but we usually play a wide variety. Last week it was the new TTR Team Asia and the D&D worker-placement game, Lords of Waterdeep.

Do you have any news on Innovation? Still one of the titles I'm most excited for to come to iOS :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Man I wish. There was some weird stuff going down where the US publisher thought he had rights to DD but apparently didn't. He seemed to insinuate the Euro publisher was doing something with those rights but I haven't seen anything since.

Everything seems so far off right now except NH update (which is hopefully going to be amazing), unless I'm forgetting something.

Smiley90

Man I wish. There was some weird stuff going down where the US publisher thought he had rights to DD but apparently didn't. He seemed to insinuate the Euro publisher was doing something with those rights but I haven't seen anything since.

Everything seems so far off right now except NH update (which is hopefully going to be amazing), unless I'm forgetting something.

So it's pretty much the same "it's coming out now but actually never" story as Dominion, k :(

tm24

I wish i was good enough at math to determine the odds of getting both Rat Kings in the starting center row. Since it just happened to me and Heel

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have all the Acension updates so feel free to include me in a few games! 1000needles. Will update the spreadsheet when I'm not on my phone.

Top Bottom