• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

butzopower

proud of his butz
Ooooh I didn't think about that, Deathseeker COULD give you some extra Honour if it was there. Oddly specific, but okay, I see it now.

It was just the first example I could think of, I'm sure there are other cases. I looks like creators weren't even originally aware of the infinite combo in the base game, so I think it's worth seeing all the actions through to see what could emerge.

Vard

I've lost like 150 points off my Carc Elo in the past week hahah. Back up the mountain we go.
Been rough for me too of late. In the last 4 games against GAFfers I got 2 first places but the other two were 4th places, which dragged it down a lot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I took a screen of that last turn sladeums. wtf man. Will upload once home. Some sick and tight games with you and Astro.

Smiley90

TOO MANY CARDS

esggf.jpg

You kept defeating the fanatic and always ended up getting enough to defeat him again, ridiculous. And still, the game ended PRETTY close. (like, 5 honour or sth)

sladeums

TOO MANY CARDS

You kept defeating the fanatic and always ended up getting enough to defeat him again, ridiculous. And still, the game ended PRETTY close. (like, 5 honour or sth)

lol

I shoulda kept track of what I got out of it ... Im not positive it was worth all that work.
looked cool tho

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
holy shit astro, holy shit

Haha yeah, I think I tied three of the eight games I played today.

Playing through some of these turns really does not make me look forward to playing the tabletop again. Soooo much accounting to do and so many potential effects in play at once.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Haha yeah, I think I tied three of the eight games I played today.

Smiley just pulled some ridiculous moves to tie it 80-80 for the win, like he'd been counting the whole time or something.

Also, this was definitely my most ridiculously lucky game of Ascension ever:

By like turn 5, I had Pathwarden, Avatar of Aiyana, and Raj, Psionic Master.

Smiley90

Smiley just pulled some ridiculous moves to tie it 80-80 for the win, like he'd been counting the whole time or something.

Also, this was definitely my most ridiculously lucky game of Ascension ever:

By like turn 5, I had Pathwarden, Avatar of Aiyana, and Raj, Psionic Master.

Yeah I got really lucky there, made some moves to get 2 honour from the Shaman in the end and was really surprised to see I'd tied it lol. WORTH IT.

sladeums

What's the status of that Neuroshima Hex multiplayer update? Still waiting on Apple?

Still waiting approval.
While you wait you can check out some screenies of the new content :
http://www.neuroshimahex.com/1006/multiplayer-update-sent-fort-approval/

Added features:
  • !!! Asynchronous Online Multiplayer !!!
  • New iPad Retina support
  • push notifications for online multiplayer
  • private games for online multiplayer
  • cool chat for online multiplayer
  • player profile and avatars
  • better modifiers visualisation
  • better Tutorial
  • fast forward skips entire battle
  • better Undo
  • Restore button for IAPs
  • redesigned Store, Menu and Game UI
  • new game engine
Fixed bugs:
  • problems and crashes with iPod 2G and iPhone 3G
  • achievements not increasing

Slacker

Hope I'm not stretching the scope of this thread too much, but since we're all board gamers here: The iPad version of Forbidden Island snuck out an update with some new features:

** New Features! **

∙ 1 new island shape available immediately (Treasure Island)
∙ 10 new island shapes available through 1 in-app purchase.
∙ 11 new GameCenter Achievements for winning the game on each of the new islands.

** Improvements! **

∙ Better Facebook and Twitter integration: now you can choose to post/tweet game wins and losses without enabling automatic Achievement posting/tweeting.
∙ Saved games now show the difficulty setting and Island shape in the Resume screen.
∙ Corrected the Explorer's movement options when using the Navigator's ability: he can now move diagonally.
∙ Improved launch time when starting a game.
∙ Corrected some grammar errors in the Tutorial.
∙ Cleaned up memory leaks.

Looks like a solid update. I can't tell how much the IAP is yet, but I'll probably end up getting it. I like the alternate layout idea.

Slacker

Looks like Forbidden Island will belong in this thread eventually after all. Someone at Touch Arcade received this via email from a dev:

"The price [for the IAP] is $0.99. With the extra programming effort, we figured it was fair. We're also planning Retina Display and online multiplayer updates for the future that will be free."

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Awesome. FI is one of those games that looks good even though it's not iPad retina. The implementation is really excellent too so curious to see how they do the multiplayer.

Smiley90

Not my fault the notifications suck! Check yo apps! Haha.

Man, when that neuroshima updates comes out ima buy all the dlc's they send at me! Gimme it alllllllllllll!!

I didn't play it thaaaat much (due to lack of pvp), but I hope all the decks are properly balanced and one doesn't emerge as the one everyone always picks first, that'd suck.

I didn't play it thaaaat much (due to lack of pvp), but I hope all the decks are properly balanced and one doesn't emerge as the one everyone always picks first, that'd suck.

Yeah, I never played a super lot, but that was because of the lack of multiplayer! I did play a decent amount though, and loved the hell out of it. I'm sure it's pretty balanced, and if it isnt, now that it will be multiplayer, all those balance issues would probably get sorted out pretty quick. Haha. If it turns out that one team/group/race is OP, then we can just not use it. No problems!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Damn, I gotta go back and play Neuroshima now that the online is dropping. Used to be so good at that game when it first came out but I haven't even played with the expansion factions. Need to sharpen up.

I don't think balance will be an issue at all. It's an extremely popular tabletop game so I doubt there are money (unlike, say, your flavor-of-the-week iOS strategy games). Also there is definitely a ton of luck and tactical thinking involved in how the tiles break for you. There's really no way to even create a dominant strategy because of the fact that there are only one or two copies of the critical tiles.

edit: also forgot you can do random armies. that should be the default imo

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Sounds like I need to read up on this Neuroshima Hex game...sounds/looks kind of boss.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Argh, now I'm having to go through days of lack-of-update disappointment with Neuroshima like I did with Ascension just last week.

Smiley90

Kinda offtopic (okay, TOTALLY offtopic, but whatever), but if anyone of you plays D3 and wants to add me, feel free: Smiley#1433

mrkgoo

Storm of souls feels like a FIXED first set of Ascension. Just seems more balanced. It's a bit more fiddly, but more intricate.

sladeums

The Ascension expansion Return of the Fallen is on sale, if you haven't bought it yet.
Playdek, Inc.
Return of the Fallen is currently selling for $1.99! You'll need to exit the game and end the background process to update the In-App Store. We're working on improving the In-App store

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hey now, ascension is a great deal at any price it's been sold at.

though i have a weird uber-respect for makers of great games who refuse to have any sales ever (Carc)

Manik

Had a few really good games of Ascension last night with a couple of gaffers, with a couple of them played "live" (or as near as can be called that, anyway). It's *so* much easier to work out where you're going wrong when you get instant feedback like that, rather than having, say, several hours in between turns.

New expansion is amazing, too. Great stuff!

Top Bottom