• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I won my match against Octobot 119-103 by getting very lucky with some late game tiles that allowed me to consolidate fields and steal the whole thing.

eznark beat me 102 - 96. It was a great game.

I actually thought I had him beat. Once the scores were counted, I realized I understood the rules wrong. I thought the tile that was all town and needed to be fully enclosed to complete the town was a cathedral. And I thought that unfinished towns with cathedrals were worth 0. It was only when the scores were counted and he got more points than I thought he had that I realized that isn't a cathedral tile. lol

Can't wait to play my next match. :D

CzarTim

2dORB.jpg

Holy crap! The iOS Carc app uses different rules than my cardboard copy. My copy says farms are worth 4 points per city and each city can only be scored once. Apparently that's not true in the app. Heads up in case anyone else expects scoring to work like their physical copy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gamebot can you send me an invite for the Carc tournament? I have you on GC and yet for some reason can't find you in Carc.

CzarTim

I'm here to win, not to make friends.

Sorry sladeums :-/

Gamebot can you send me an invite for the Carc tournament? I have you on GC and yet for some reason can't find you in Carc.
GC friends you haven't played Carc against yet are further down the list.

Holy crap! The iOS Carc app uses different rules than my cardboard copy. My copy says farms are worth 4 points per city and each city can only be scored once. Apparently that's not true in the app. Heads up in case anyone else expects scoring to work like their physical copy.
My base copy says 3 for a farm. I don't know if any of the expansions change the scores though.

Jonnyram

Curse you guys.
Ever since you migrated Carcassonne into this thread, I've lost track of what's going on, and I've missed TWO tourneys now!? Can you just put me down to be included in all future tourneys? I'm always up for games, tourney or otherwise. Just drop me invites, accordingly.

Kosh

Curse you guys.
Ever since you migrated Carcassonne into this thread, I've lost track of what's going on, and I've missed TWO tourneys now!? Can you just put me down to be included in all future tourneys? I'm always up for games, tourney or otherwise. Just drop me invites, accordingly.

Yeah, me too. Finally found my way to this thread. It's been a busy last few months in the real world and haven't been playing too much. Should hopefully have more time now.

My base copy says 3 for a farm. I don't know if any of the expansions change the scores though.
I'm reading that it changed in 2008. So if your copy was published after that then it's up-to-date. I think I got mine in 2005 or 2006. (Never played it much though, so I'm pretty terrible.)

Just won a tight game with RaySpencer, 98 - 86. Constant struggle for fields and cities, but I just about managed to keep him out of my big city and field which clinched me the win. Good game!

As for the physical game, yeah farms are 3 points per city. One of the expansions adds a pig that you can add to a field which makes it worth 4 per city for producing meat. Perhaps, if it was 4 points years ago, they changed it to accommodate this expansion.

Just won a tight game with RaySpencer, 98 - 86. Constant struggle for fields and cities, but I just about managed to keep him out of my big city and field which clinched me the win. Good game!

As for the physical game, yeah farms are 3 points per city. One of the expansions adds a pig that you can add to a field which makes it worth 4 per city for producing meat. Perhaps, if it was 4 points years ago, they changed it to accommodate this expansion.

I actually thought I had that game in the bag at the end too, but the game disagreed! Haha. I coulda sworn I had more meeple on the grass! Booooo.

It was fun to just sit there and bang that game out quick.

I actually thought I had that game in the bag at the end too, but the game disagreed! Haha. I coulda sworn I had more meeple on the grass! Booooo.

It was fun to just sit there and bang that game out quick.

We both had 3 meeples on fields, but the last one you put down didn't stretch into the major field. I was hoping you hadn't noticed :p

The original rules for farms were 4 points / city, and each city scored only once. Then the German rules changed to 3 points / city and each city scored only once since it was easier. Then the German rules were updated again to 3 points / city and each farm scored once, but cities scored multiple times since this was even easier. The North American rules eventually updated from version 1 to version 3. Changes the game quite a bit.

Interesting, I wasn't aware it changed so much. I like it the way it is now. I hope the iPad version gets Traders and Builders soon because the builder and pig are fun to use! Plus trade tokens from cities mix up strategies, giving an incentive to finish other peoples cities to get their trade goods.

We both had 3 meeples on fields, but the last one you put down didn't stretch into the major field. I was hoping you hadn't noticed :p

Damn! I didn't notice. Haha. I wonder if it would have been enough to win?!

Good game Ray. Those stout dwarves are annoying as hell!

Yeah, dwarves are kinda OP, especially if you go for a good siege build. Lots of fun to play though!

Phew! That was close Ray.
If that archer didn't make that hit I think it was curtains for my New Romantics.

Yeah man, nice comeback win! I had ya on the ropes there for a while, and I probably shouldn't have gambled there at the end, but oh well! It was loads of fun anyway. Haha.

eznark

Banned
It took me a long time to figure out why my attacks weren't doing any damage, I think that was the first time I played against them.

Also I just played against a guy who employed a pretty hilarious "cheese" strategy on me. Rushed in a goblin, swapped in his summoner and killed me before I knew what was going on. It was awesome.

It took me a long time to figure out why my attacks weren't doing any damage, I think that was the first time I played against them.

Also I just played against a guy who employed a pretty hilarious "cheese" strategy on me. Rushed in a goblin, swapped in his summoner and killed me before I knew what was going on. It was awesome.
I've been trying a similar strategy with no success so far. I figured I've been ignoring summoner skills in favour of hiding them in safety. I might as well try using them. Sneeks hasn't been quite able to make it to the enemy summoner yet though.

Yeah, Baldar is one of my favorite champions out of any of the factions. Haha.

Fuckin goblins though are my least favorite team, I can't get anything to work with them, I just summon dudes who proceed to get farmed. Haha. I'm currently get stomped by Anilones and his stupid Tundra Orcs. Stupid orcs! I think I'm gonna have to start killing all these free summons myself, I might as well be the one to get all the magic and fun of killing!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Interesting, I wasn't aware it changed so much. I like it the way it is now. I hope the iPad version gets Traders and Builders soon because the builder and pig are fun to use! Plus trade tokens from cities mix up strategies, giving an incentive to finish other peoples cities to get their trade goods.

Yep, I would really love T&B as well. Introduces so many really fun new dynamics, and makes the game even better with 4-5 just like Inns & Cathedrals.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, Baldar is one of my favorite champions out of any of the factions. Haha.

Fuckin goblins though are my least favorite team, I can't get anything to work with them, I just summon dudes who proceed to get farmed. Haha. I'm currently get stomped by Anilones and his stupid Tundra Orcs. Stupid orcs! I think I'm gonna have to start killing all these free summons myself, I might as well be the one to get all the magic and fun of killing!

I just realized I can kill my own guys for magic. After like 30 games. GAH!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Grrrrr, Anilones is responsible for 2 losses in my 14-4 record grrrrr. Really wish there was a way to change decks without sending out new invites, I'm too lazy to do that :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just played some really tense SW matches with eznark and flynn, both coming down to last rolls. sogood. Makes me want to buy the Master Set tbh -- chucking those dice IRL would be great.

Anilones

Grrrrr, Anilones is responsible for 2 losses in my 14-4 record grrrrr. Really wish there was a way to change decks without sending out new invites, I'm too lazy to do that :p
You can choose "Rematch with different deck" or something similar. I don't have a clue how I'm beating you, I've never played Summoner Wars until now, so only trying to make sensible moves.

AirBrian

Also, I picked up SW but it says you have to buy a deck to play online? What's the best deck to purchase first? And obviously open for invites!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Also, I picked up SW but it says you have to buy a deck to play online? What's the best deck to purchase first? And obviously open for invites!

Just buy the $8 complete pack tbh if you can at all. It's a TON (I mean seriously, a TON) of content for the price. Game is fantastic.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You can choose "Rematch with different deck" or something similar. I don't have a clue how I'm beating you, I've never played Summoner Wars until now, so only trying to make sensible moves.

"Rematch Edit deck" only lets you add reinforcements, not change the deck completely :( and I only played one game of the master set before the iOS version too :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I am loving my gobs. I actually like the fire guys too though I don't use them too much for fear of mirror matches. Downside of focusing on a couple factions though is that you forget/don't learn about others' abilities and then lose because of a very easily avoidable mistake based on that ignorance, as I have done in two of my three losses. :p

Only one way to learn!

Top Bottom