• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wonder what Playdek will do after Agricola?

For the longest time, the website had some Ascension expansions, Nightfall, Summoner Wars and Agricola. Well, everything but Agricola is out now. Sure, there is a a few Nightfall and Summoner Wars expansions to put out, but those are minor things where the work is mostly done anyway!

They mentioned in an interview that they were working on at least 1 (or was it two?) more yet-to-be-unveiled project ;)

They mentioned in an interview that they were working on at least 1 (or was it two?) more yet-to-be-unveiled project ;)

Well they need to hurry up and announce it already! I need to know what to look forward to next!

I think it's Smash Up, but hasn't been announced yet.

http://www.alderac.com/smashup/

Hmm, never heard of this game. researching it now. Decent reviews on BGG, it sounds interesting at least! I wish there was a 'Dice Tower Review' of the game though.

I wish Playdek would do the Penny Arcade deck builder game, I love that one, and whoever is supposed to be working on it right now sucks and is taking forever! Im sure its dead in the water.

sladeums

Well they need to hurry up and announce it already! I need to know what to look forward to next!

Hmm, never heard of this game. researching it now. Decent reviews on BGG, it sounds interesting at least! I wish there was a 'Dice Tower Review' of the game though.

I wish Playdek would do the Penny Arcade deck builder game, I love that one, and whoever is supposed to be working on it right now sucks and is taking forever! Im sure its dead in the water.

They are doing that PA game iirc.

They're also doing Tank on Tank ... not sure if it is this year or not.

fuuuuuuuu....hahah

I just lost 3 games in a row!

Loaded my match with Blackflag, and he summoned in his best champ and pooped on my chest. Then I loaded my game vs Astro and he punished me for leaving my summoner unguarded. So I switched over to my match against Blahness, and he crushed all of my dreams.

Great matches guys, I think I left my summoner in stupid places in all 3 of those matches. Thanks for crushing me all at once, so I hopefully wont do that anymore. heh

blackflag

fuuuuuuuu....hahah

I just lost 3 games in a row!

Loaded my match with Blackflag, and he summoned in his best champ and pooped on my chest. Then I loaded my game vs Astro and he punished me for leaving my summoner unguarded. So I switched over to my match against Blahness, and he crushed all of my dreams.

Great matches guys, I think I left my summoner in stupid places in all 3 of those matches. Thanks for crushing me all at once, so I hopefully wont do that anymore. heh

Yeah you were brave with your summoner that game. He was actually safe if I couldn't discard that cultist that was in the way when I summoned the big dude.

They are doing that PA game iirc.

They're also doing Tank on Tank ... not sure if it is this year or not.

I hope so, but that should have been announced by now. The board game has been out for a long time now, and in the box it says the iOS version is 'coming soon!' so I figured it would be well underway.

It would be great if Playdek made it though, its my favorite deck builder after Dominion.

Yeah you were brave with your summoner that game. He was actually safe if I couldn't discard that cultist that was in the way when I summoned the big dude.

Yeah, I just got used to seeing Astro bring his stupid Sneeks up front all the time and making me pay for it, that him dying while up there just didnt seem possible! Damn Astro made me lose! :p

Well, im definitely done for the night, haha.

Astro was rolling perfects nearly the whole match, and Hereafter is apparently just so far beyond my skill level that it doesnt even matter.

Ive lost over half of my matches so far, and every match ive lost before these 2 tonight were at least fun matches. These 2 on the other hand are making me quit for the night, haha.

Apparently im a sore loser :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

haha nope -- we've all been there! :) part of what makes the game so epic. one thing i was thinking is that if you really hate the dice, phoenix are pretty good since they have so much precision in the deck. i do enjoy chucking the dice though, just have to remember the good times with the bad :D

Smiley90

Well, im definitely done for the night, haha.

Astro was rolling perfects nearly the whole match, and Hereafter is apparently just so far beyond my skill level that it doesnt even matter.

Ive lost over half of my matches so far, and every match ive lost before these 2 tonight were at least fun matches. These 2 on the other hand are making me quit for the night, haha.

Hereafter, I don't have you on GC, show me your moves. :p smiley1790 ;)

Always funny to end a game with Astro just to compare our records ;)

haha nope -- we've all been there! :) part of what makes the game so epic. one thing i was thinking is that if you really hate the dice, phoenix are pretty good since they have so much precision in the deck. i do enjoy chucking the dice though, just have to remember the good times with the bad :D

Problem is, I dont hate MY dice rolls, I hate YOUR dice rolls :p

this problem is much harder to fix, haha. Oh well, I will have moved on from these losses tomorrow :p

sladeums

I hope so, but that should have been announced by now. The board game has been out for a long time now, and in the box it says the iOS version is 'coming soon!' so I figured it would be well underway.

It would be great if Playdek made it though, its my favorite deck builder after Dominion.

It was mentioned in the BGG interview they did last month that they planned to debut it at PAX Prime, which is at the end of August.

Hereafter

Hereafter is apparently just so far beyond my skill level that it doesnt even matter.

Thanks for the compliment Ray, but I wouldn't worry about it. Dwarves vs the Phoenix Elves is a very loop sided match. Let me know if you want some tips.

I also threw a challenge your way using the Jungle elves, second time playing them.

Oh man! sick end to that battle BlackFlag, haha I never expected an 8 damage Malevolence, haha. It just about didnt kill me too!

Crazy stuff.

side note: Im playing a match with someone named mp3killer, but I dont know who it is, or how the match got started....

Welp, im done feeding you wins Hereafter, haha. Good show man. You have the most amazing talent of knowing everyone of your cards very well, and then saving them all for the perfect time.

your 49 wins and 20 losses is no joke.

Smiley90

Welp, im done feeding you wins Hereafter, haha. Good show man. You have the most amazing talent of knowing everyone of your cards very well, and then saving them all for the perfect time.

your 49 wins and 20 losses is no joke.

I'm on 30 wins and 11 losses and yet you're about to beat me... :'(

Smiley90

Your good, for sure. better than me, but Hereafter/Thenafter just beats me in ways that are well beyond my abilities....

...plus I lose to you in lots of other games, so im used to it by now :p

:p -cough- NSHEX -cough-

What's hereafter's GC? I wanna see what's up. So far I think Anilones and Astro are the only ones in my friendlist with similar records.

EDIT: NVM, it's in the spreadsheet -facepalm-

No_Style

Add Styleless Wonder on GameCenter if you'd like to play some Ascension or Nightfall. I'm really looking for some Nightfall players because the online is a wasteland in that game compared to Ascension.

Smiley90

Add Styleless Wonder on GameCenter if you'd like to play some Ascension or Nightfall. I'm really looking for some Nightfall players because the online is a wasteland in that game compared to Ascension.

I'm up for games in both, adding you right now, just send me an invite

:p -cough- NSHEX -cough-

What's hereafter's GC? I wanna see what's up. So far I think Anilones and Astro are the only ones in my friendlist with similar records.

EDIT: NVM, it's in the spreadsheet -facepalm-

Yeah, I lose pretty consistancely in NH :p

.... Err I mean I'm undefeated in it, since it doesnt have any stat tracking! Yay. Haha.

edit: I must have been really drunk when I wrote that, haha.

Smiley90

Yeah, I lose pretty consistancely in NH :p

.... Err I mean I'm undefeated in it, since it doesnt have any stat tracking! Yay. Haha.

edit: I must have been really drunk when I wrote that, haha.

... you wrote that like 10 minutes ago... Don't you know if you were really drunk 10 minutes ago? :p and what makes you suddenly sober? :D

But yeah, lack of stats tracking is a bit sad... but given noone but us to is really playing it (?), it doesn't really matter :D

blackflag

Yeah it took forever. It had nothing to do with me mixing up your champ for your summoner and chasing the champ around for a few turns....nope nothing to do with that. LOL

Good game

I'm no longer undefeated with Dwarves after Scrabbledude just smashed my face off. Good game. I got obliterated.
I've had some good games with that elf deck. I guess Phoenix elves are good against dwarves. I did just switch out one champion though.

If you interested in neuroshima hex then check out neuroshima hex puzzle. It'll teach you to play. I've never played a game though, just puzzle. The game first was too confusing.

Smiley90

Mecha, why'd you suddenly get suicidal in our SW game? :D

Also, i'd like to add that Anica from the Fallen Kingdom reinforcements is insane. 2 dice, high health and a special that can single-handedly prevent your opponent from doing ANYTHING. Crazy OP.

octobot

Mecha, why'd you suddenly get suicidal in our SW game? :D

Also, i'd like to add that Anica from the Fallen Kingdom reinforcements is insane. 2 dice, high health and a special that can single-handedly prevent your opponent from doing ANYTHING. Crazy OP.

If my rolls hadn't gone south (as normal) it might have worked out lol.

Smiley90

If my rolls hadn't gone south (as normal) it might have worked out lol.

Pretty sure you had no chance of winning in that turn... You needed 3 damage but your summoner only does 2, but you moved him anyway? And then I had 3 units who all had guaranteed damage, 1 from the precise unit, 2 from my summoner's special and 3 from the champ who I'd given precise. ;)

... you wrote that like 10 minutes ago... Don't you know if you were really drunk 10 minutes ago? :p and what makes you suddenly sober? :D

But yeah, lack of stats tracking is a bit sad... but given noone but us to is really playing it (?), it doesn't really matter :D

Well actually, I was just typing on my iPad at the time, so it was a bad case of shitty auto correct, and me not reading what I typed, haha.

I think that's a bit of exaggeration. In order for her ability to do anything, she needs to kill the creature. She's good at getting extra magic from killing one health commons. Her attack power isn't really high enough to go around killing champions. Also, at most she gets you one extra magic per turn. I'd have to imagine that wouldn't prevent your opponent from doing anything, it would just require some alteration of their strategy.

Edit: I did look at putting her in one of my decks, but with the high magic cost and low attack I decided against it.

eznark

Banned
Thank you all for making this project a success. It was a close thing, but y'all did it! Clint is all ready spinning up to full working speed. In the next day or two I will send out the surveys to get a list of what everyone added on to their pledges. The first one-hundred backers who pledged $150 or more will get beta access. There will be a survey question asking for your iPad's Unique Device Identifier number. You can prepare for this by getting a free app called "My Device ID". Please DO NOT email that to me...please wait for the survey, then you can just cut and paste it into the answer box. All of the Factions products will be arriving in September, so, if your add-ons included Factions, Faction Pack #1, or the Upgrade Pack, your rewards will ship by the end of Septemer. The pink and gray bit kits are being produced by LocWorks as part of their Alien Frontiers: Aurora project, so I will let you know as soon as those are available. The PDF Art Book will be emailed to everyone as soon as I complete it. I have to admit that the flood of funding in the last two days have caught me off guard. Serves me right for doubting the support of the Alien Frontiers community. Thanks again! David

Woo hoo!

Hereafter is definitely good at this. I made a mistake and immediately knew it, and he pounced on it immediately and won.

I can't wait to play him again and again.

Hereafter

Scrabbledude, good game. You had a nice defensive formation going on. When fighting the Jungle Elves though, never stick your head out. :)

Edit: Also, did you think the knight was going to protect you? That chant of negation is nasty! I fell for it many times before I learn the hard way myself.

Scrabbledude, good game. You had a nice defensive formation going on. When fighting the Jungle Elves though, never stick your head out. :)

Edit: Also, did you think the knight was going to protect you? That chant of negation is nasty! I fell for it many times before I learn the hard way myself.
I thought i would have my first champion drawn and out on the next turn. But I knew as soon as I moved Sera that I had gone one space too far regardless of the knight.

I also goofed by building a holy judgement earlier when I drew two. I was running to a champion and didn't expect you to play your summoner right on the front line.

Good game even if it was quick. :)

blackflag

I think that's a bit of exaggeration. In order for her ability to do anything, she needs to kill the creature. She's good at getting extra magic from killing one health commons. Her attack power isn't really high enough to go around killing champions. Also, at most she gets you one extra magic per turn. I'd have to imagine that wouldn't prevent your opponent from doing anything, it would just require some alteration of their strategy.

Edit: I did look at putting her in one of my decks, but with the high magic cost and low attack I decided against it.

I put her in my fallen kingdom deck. She is beast. I don't know about op but definitely awesome.

Smiley90

The thing with Anica isn't your extra magic, it's the other one's magic LESS. Over the course of the game that can easily be 6 magic, so 1 champ less.

I guess this is off topic, but I just played Killer Bunnies (actual board game, not iOS) for the first time tonight and it was pretty fun.

Smiley90

I guess this is off topic, but I just played Killer Bunnies (actual board game, not iOS) for the first time tonight and it was pretty fun.

I played the Master Set tonight and if the Benders make it to iOS, shit's going down.

I hate that game, and I've never played it, haha. I watched 2 of my buddies play it a couple years ago, and one of my friends was just destroying the other one. He had like 30 carrots or somethings stupid (I dont know the rules haha), and the other one had like 2. Guess who had the golden carrot! Yup, the dude with 2. Haha. I couldn't believe it, such bs, haha.

I guess under the right circumstances that could be really awesome, I mean they seemed to at least kind of enjoy it. I just can't deal with that much randomness, haha.

I hate that game, and I've never played it, haha. I watched 2 of my buddies play it a couple years ago, and one of my friends was just destroying the other one. He had like 30 carrots or somethings stupid (I dont know the rules haha), and the other one had like 2. Guess who had the golden carrot! Yup, the dude with 2. Haha. I couldn't believe it, such bs, haha.

I guess under the right circumstances that could be really awesome, I mean they seemed to at least kind of enjoy it. I just can't deal with that much randomness, haha.
It's weird, but it almost doesn't even matter who "wins" at the end. Perhaps that's a fault in the game, but the most fun seems to be derived from protecting your bunnies and carrot cards.

Top Bottom