• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Kosh

I've played through the Summoner Wars tutorial and bought the everything package. I'm ready for some ass kickings if anyone wants to start a game with a newbie.

GC: Kosh One

eznark

Banned
Carc tourney game with eznark is complete (good game!). The final score was 117-87 in my favor.
Mercifully over. Before final scoring I think it was like 57-37. Nothing but defense and bad luck for both of us. Ugly!

Good game man and good luck.

I can't believe I've made it to the 3rd round.

I think it might be time for a Carc scrub league. My ELO fell off a cliff.

Well it certainly doesn't help that I've screwed up two of our boards. I was trying a new strategy but it's totally backfired.

I've made a huge mistake.

Slacker

Ghost dad has been sitting on the invite for a couple of days now. I've sent him a message as well. What do you want to do?

We'll just move you to the next round. Glad to hear from one of you. :)

Round 2 is afoot! Set up your games if you haven't already!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We'll just move you to the next round. Glad to hear from one of you. :)

Round 2 is afoot! Set up your games if you haven't already!

I'm still waiting in the loser bracket, now finally Astro moved on, some action soon :D the loser of the Astro/Inaudiblewhisper game will get me! :D

galvatron

Gah, I missed the ascension tourney! I was actually going to suggest we start one then saw that I had missed one in my thread summary email...probably for the best since I'm on vacation anyway.

Also, maybe I'm mistaken, but it looks like omen raven occasionally gives points when you guess wrong and I don't think I'm mistakenly counting dandelion witch or snap dragon awards....

Finally, boo to the fix on dhartha's retreat no longer ignoring kills on fanatics and cultists. That bug made the card much more useful.

blackflag

I've played through the Summoner Wars tutorial and bought the everything package. I'm ready for some ass kickings if anyone wants to start a game with a newbie.

GC: Kosh One

Weird, I. Added you to gamecenter but you don't show up in my summoner wars invite list

Hi all, I just discovered this thread. I was posting about SW in the regular boardgaming thread and wondering why no one was talking about it in both the "best of iOS" as well as the "ipad gaming thread of not doomed" which is mostly for sales and new releases. now I know here is where to go

my wife and I either play each other or against the AI. we're both new so it balances well. Right now I favor Cloaks, she likes Jungle Elves.

I hate that not all the factions have AI. You can only choose like 5 of them if playing against the computer. I hope they change that soon

mercviper

Hi all, I just discovered this thread. I was posting about SW in the regular boardgaming thread and wondering why no one was talking about it in both the "best of iOS" as well as the "ipad gaming thread of not doomed" which is mostly for sales and new releases. now I know here is where to go

my wife and I either play each other or against the AI. we're both new so it balances well. Right now I favor Cloaks, she likes Jungle Elves.

I hate that not all the factions have AI. You can only choose like 5 of them if playing against the computer. I hope they change that soon

Check the OP for a spreadsheet of GC names and game inventories. I think basically if they say they have the game, they're open for invites if you're looking for new competition. It's a good thing I don't bring my iPad to work, else I'd get zero productivity.

First order of business since you are new to this thread is you need to be fed to Astrolad in a game of his choosing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
welcome gryphter! what is your GC? if you don't have me add me: astrolad

Now we just need to win over the HA players to have a nice big 32-man SW tournament :D

or maybe even a league!

tm24

Now we just need to win over the HA players to have a nice big 32-man SW tournament :D

or maybe even a league!
Hey, a league. I already have the framework in mind. Hell, doesnt have to be league, but if we want a tourney, we can base it on the format used for the World Cup/Euro tourney

bonesquad

Kill the summoner

Yes I won!!

Fuck that wasn't the summoner?

Fuck you elves

Don't know if that is in reference to the game against me (justjeff), but either way :) I'm still pretty much boned. Damn the void and the abilities they can pull out of a hat.

eznark

Banned
Don't know if that is in reference to the game against me (justjeff), but either way :) I'm still pretty much boned. Damn the void and the abilities they can pull out of a hat.

Yeah, I thought I killed your summoner there! I was very confused for half a second.

Slacker

Anyone following Rad Soldiers? Not an IRL board game, but heavy BG influence like Hero Academy.

http://www.warchestgames.com/games/radsoldiers/

I downloaded it from the Canadian store (I pretended I'm from Ca-na-da so they think I'm slow, eh) to check it out. It's only available there for now for testing purposes. It looks pretty interesting so far - kind of a grander scale version of Hero Academy. The visuals are top notch, and there appears to be a ton of variety.

The DLC is effin' ridiculous though. It's free2play, and you can purchase additional unit types, weapons, etc from the store. But I said DAMN shit's expensive. To buy a new unit you need between 50 and 100 "RAD Bux." Five real bucks gets you 60 RAD Bux, so we're talking somewhere between five and ten dollars for one unit. One of the bundles that comes with a few dudes and a few weapons costs over $50!

Looks like a good game, but I'm not spending anything on it until I'm sure it's worth it. At those prices I'm not sure it'll ever get there for me.

Manik

or maybe even a league!

I've not picked up SW yet, but the prospect of a league would definitely change that quickly. A tournament is all well and good, but I'd only ever make it a round or two. A league would mean I would at least have the pleasure of losing multiple times before being consigned to the rubbish pile.

Kosh

I need to read up on some SW strategy and deck building. I'm finding out the hard way that the default Elf deck has no chance against Astrolad. lol

chicobalay

Neo Member
I'm on third round!

0hHjY.png

Nice game soldat7!

Smiley90

I need to read up on some SW strategy and deck building. I'm finding out the hard way that the default Elf deck has no chance against Astrolad. lol

It totally does lol. Elves have some sweet stuff going on if you know how to use them, I haven't edited any of my decks yet and I'm faring quite well.

mercviper

Yeah I love that card. Especially in Fallen Kingdom deck

What really really scared me that game was when you plopped down a common dwarf, and then pumped it twice for a 5 total attack, and then walked up to my 4hp summoner and swung. Definitely never ever letting that happen again lol. I screwed up big time when I didn't burn the defender locking down my phoenix with an event card, which let you wall it off the next turn that game and split my champ from my summoner since I couldn't move it.

deim0s

I'm in for the SW tourney/league or whatever.

Nothing will teach you on deckbuilding/tactics than getting beat up by... *koff* Astro.

For some reason I can't test my decks with the AI without crashing the game at a certain point. So online I go. :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Nothing will teach you on deckbuilding/tactics than getting beat up by... *koff* Astro.

For some reason I can't test my decks with the AI without crashing the game at a certain point. So online I go. :/
Gah in our game right now where I'm going for the killshot it's crashing after one of the kills and I can't get it to resume after that. :/

Hereafter

Is there a certain race you're playing? I can help with certain races.

I'm also down for a league. I'm in the Quarter to 3 league currently and it's been a blast.

heringer

Actually the Phoenix Elves already have a pretty sweet deck. But yeah, you can make it even better with some reinforcements. Ditch your Guardians for starters.

deim0s

@Hereafter
Pretty much settling myself on Jungle Elves and the Undead decks. I bolstered some of the commons for some mercs.

Gah in our game right now where I'm going for the killshot it's crashing after one of the kills and I can't get it to resume after that. :/

Muhahahah! Protection event card in effect!

Honestly, they have to fix this asap. It's ruining everything.

Hereafter

@Hereafter
Pretty much settling myself on Jungle Elves and the Undead decks. I bolstered some of the commons for some mercs.

I can help with an Undead deck advice.

1) Ditch Dragos, he's useless. Malevolence is lots better. Skhull and Bal are really good.
2) Cultists! Without Cultists you will have tons of problems with the Phoenix Elves and Cave Goblins. I have 5 in my deck
3) If you're playing a non aggressive race, build all your commons draw for magic. Anything that costs 2 magic points to summon (like Cultists and Reapers) will end up only costing 1. You'll sacrifice 1 attack to do so but...
3) You're not going to win high level games by rushing with the undead. You'll need to be slow and methodical in order to win. You're going to have to win by doing a slow push.
4) Treat your summons like he has 1 hp. Because he does. He should be in the back summoning Cultists and such.
5) Wall + Forced Summon will get the best players once in a blue moon. You'll need HP to do it though (see above)
6) Having a few reapers wouldn't hurt too. When you play them, you have 1 in 6 chance of winning the game... (Just ask Gazele87 in our last FK vs FK game :))
7) If you have the space, having 1 owl your deck won't hurt.

Personally, for the Undead, unless I'm in dire straits or playing against the Jungle Elves/Cave Goblins) I tend to build 99% of my commons. This way, I can pretty much summon anything I need from the discard pile.

I can post my deck if you want or in you want you can play my FK deck to get a good idea of my play style (GC: Thenafter).

Hereafter

@Gazele87. Good game. You almost had me, but I think you burnt your deck too quick. Once I realized that I knew was winning regardless of the board.

eznark

Banned
I'm really glad I am forcing myself to pick teams I don't like instead of randoming. I am finding new ways to bone myself!

Smiley90

Good game Hereafter, I ran out of units for my Kamikaze there, only got you down to 2 HP, but at least... nice record :p 40-15 on my side and 66-23 on yours, not bad I say :D

Top Bottom