• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

eznark

Banned
Sorry for the slow playing, I was in Nashville all weekend and will be in Indianapolis all this week. I'll play as often as possible but probably won't start any new games as a courtesy. For the carc tournament, it doesn't look like that will be an issue.......damnit!

Slacker

Carcassonne Tourney Update

Still waiting on the following matchups in the first round:

AirBrian vs. Ghost Dad the Whip
GameCocks vs. Flunkie

If you are in one of these matchups and have been trying to get the game going please let us know here. I know Astro tried unsuccessfully to reach his opponent so he's the presumed winner there. If I don't hear from either team of the above matchups we'll just forfeit them both out and pass out the byes accordingly.

I just bought the physical copy of the Summoner Wars Master Set, despite not having anyone to play it with on a regular basis -- not my wife's sort of game.

Looks like making iOS versions of games works for selling the original.

Draxal

Best champions imho of the first 8 factions are Halvor, Mook, and Gror. Rahlee, Dragos and Rachael are the worst (I replace them with Anica and Sairook).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just bought the physical copy of the Summoner Wars Master Set, despite not having anyone to play it with on a regular basis -- not my wife's sort of game.

I've had limited success trying to make my girlfriend like it... I think the iOS version makes me too good at it and it'a hard to "play worse"... :/

Flunkie

Banned

GameCocks vs. Flunkie

If you are in one of these matchups and have been trying to get the game going please let us know here. I know Astro tried unsuccessfully to reach his opponent so he's the presumed winner there. If I don't hear from either team of the above matchups we'll just forfeit them both out and pass out the byes accordingly.
Hey guys, sorry for the holdup. I've had a busy and crazy week, plus my Carc app showed no notifications and it's in a folder so I didn't think to check it. I can marathon through this game today, Gamecocks willing.

Anilones

Epic game AstroLad. I think if I was anyone but the Fallen Kingdom your Elves would have beaten me, I love how they can resurrect so many commons just as you're about to lose. Great for defensive tactics.

heringer

I hate to brag, but AstroLad just gave me the win in 5 rounds or less achievement. B)

Haha, I suspect this won't happen ever again. Very lucky! :D

GameCocks vs. Flunkie

We just hammered this thing out. Tile selections screwed us both over at times, but I ended up winning 109-65.

blackflag

Yeah I've had it since it came out and only played it one session of like 4 games. Can't wait until some of those races get added though

Damn! That was a great game, hereafter. I made the mistake of thinking my guardsman at the end was a defenseman. Thought to myself, "he just wasted that event." lol

Did you see anything I could have done better there. Was trying to run more of a turtle style dwarf deck.

Hereafter

Good game scrabbledude , I would've killed Gror if your Summoner wasn't there.

Best thing about the Phoenix Elves, no champion lasts more than 2 rounds against them :)

Also, the Firebeast rush in the beginning was a scray thing to behold isn't it? You don't want to get near them...

Did you noticed how I handled magic drain? I always left 1 magic leftover. This makes you hold on to the magic drain card because you are not willing to spend it on anything. It give me a card advantage every draw and 1 round advantage for summoning because you can't use the magic points until the next round.

Edit: I suggest you add some spear-rounders (merc common). Most dwarf decks have no firepower until the champion comes out, by them it's too late.

Edit2: I also crowded your walls to prevent you from using reinforcements. I left 1 spot open to tempt you but most people won't go for it. Once again, keeping the card in your hand and clogging it...

I didn't actually notice the magic drain defense. I didn't have the card until late and when I did have it I couldn't play it anyway. I'd rather rob you of 1 if I have to since archers and warriors are 1 cost.

The wall crowding affected me mentally. It was draining. But I figured a defender in that spot would at least keep you from moving for a turn. I just needed to keep you where you were until I had my champions. Had to ditch some great events in the process too.

I run fire beasts in my elf deck as well and ive never been on the other side of it. It is scary. You taught me how to play them better though. I'd never sacrifice one with its ability but it makes so much sense - guarantee a hit and get a magic back.

I sent a game invite to CzarTim in the Carc tourney, Im assuming since Astro couldnt get a game going with him, I wont be able to either.

Heel

sladeums that was probably the weirdest Ascension game I've ever played. I messed up the last turn and could've got another point to tie it, but I dunno who wins in that situation.

Basically by the end of the game I was able to use 4 Mechana points per turn to get any kind of construct I wanted and put it directly into my hand, and also put any hero I bought directly into my hand...and still lost! lol We both had a ton of constructs in our hands by the end.

Fun stuff.

sladeums

sladeums that was probably the weirdest Ascension game I've ever played. I messed up the last turn and could've got another point to tie it, but I dunno who wins in that situation.

Basically by the end of the game I was able to use 4 Mechana points per turn to get any kind of construct I wanted and put it directly into my hand, and also put any hero I bought directly into my hand...and still lost! lol We both had a ton of constructs in our hands by the end.

Fun stuff.

Last player wins in a tie.

That shit was ridic ... you had 10 constructs on board at the end there.
I was praying for some construct killing monsters ... just wasn't happening.

Smiley90

After running away from Ray from like 10 turns we're now on Round 23 and it's down to champ vs champ. Epic fight, whoever wins, I have no idea how I'm still in this.

After running away from Ray from like 10 turns we're now on Round 23 and it's down to champ vs champ. Epic fight, whoever wins, I have no idea how I'm still in this.

Its cause the orc summoner is super strong! and the Cloak/Merc champs I brought arent :'(

edit: Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if you won that match, the Cloak summoner is quite weak, haha.

Smiley90

Its cause the orc summoner is super strong! and the Cloak/Merc champs I brought arent :'(

edit: Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if you won that match, the Cloak summoner is quite weak, haha.

Perfect 4/4 roll to end the game, ouch. Yeah my summoner was better, you should've supported your champ, pretty sure I'd have lost a 2on1, this way I had two 1v1 that I could win :/

Also just won against blackflag in a Dwarf mirror by bringing out the "hits within 2 spaces" champ and killing his Summoner through a wall in the same turn, while he would've had the chance to roll 7 dice against my summoner the next turn if I hadn't succeeded...

You could have been at least a little less bullshit about your win and not rolled perfectly everytime :p

Its a good loss for me though, I tried some new Champs that match, and it didnt work for me. Had I used someone like Malevolence it wouldnt have been an issue.

Good game man, damn Orcs are so strong!

edit:

Perfect 4/4 roll to end the game, ouch. Yeah my summoner was better, you should've supported your champ, pretty sure I'd have lost a 2on1, this way I had two 1v1 that I could win :/

Also just won against blackflag in a Dwarf mirror by bringing out the "hits within 2 spaces" champ and killing his Summoner through a wall in the same turn, while he would've had the chance to roll 7 dice against my summoner the next turn if I hadn't succeeded...

The problem with that is, my Summoner would have died in 1 shot from yours anyway, so I would have just lost sooner im sure. I definitely could have handled it all better.

The other big mistake I made was summoning Magos over Dagger, I thought I would be able to use the range advantage on you, but it turns out Range is pretty damn useless in situations like that, haha. Its not that Dagger is amazing, but hes better than Magos 1v1.

Like I said though, it was a good match for me to lose, I will learn a lot from it. its my first Cloaks loss too! fitting it would be against you and your damn Orcs! haha

Smiley90

You could have been at least a little less bullshit about your win and not rolled perfectly everytime :p

Its a good loss for me though, I tried some new Champs that match, and it didnt work for me. Had I used someone like Malevolence it wouldnt have been an issue.

Good game man, damn Orcs are so strong!

edit:

The problem with that is, my Summoner would have died in 1 shot from yours anyway, so I would have just lost sooner im sure. I definitely could have handled it all better.

The other big mistake I made was summoning Magos over Dagger, I thought I would be able to use the range advantage on you, but it turns out Range is pretty damn useless in situations like that, haha. Its not that Dagger is amazing, but hes better than Magos 1v1.

Like I said though, it was a good match for me to lose, I will learn a lot from it. its my first Cloaks loss too! fitting it would be against you and your damn Orcs! haha

Dagger is the one with backstabbing right? That would've been perfect yeah, i would've been forced to be at the back of my board to prevent backstabbing, which means I couldn't have attacked your summoner without exposing myself to 7 dice in return if I didn't roll perfect LOL.

Dagger is the one with backstabbing right? That would've been perfect yeah, i would've been forced to be at the back of my board to prevent backstabbing, which means I couldn't have attacked your summoner without exposing myself to 7 dice in return if I didn't roll perfect LOL.

Sure, but if I would have rolled some hit with both of my guys, I would have killed you too. haha. Different champ would have changed my strategy, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome. Dice Luck just wasnt on my side today!

If I would have gotten 2/2 both times on Magos, and then 2/2 once with Vlox I woulda won too! and thats with you rolling perfectly as well.

Smiley90

The dice sure are on my side, with some risky summoner-move by soldat I just beat him with a perfect 2/2 roll instead of dying myself, that was clooooose.

Close Carc tourney game with Gatekeeper. I got it 116-108.

You mean Carcassonne ;)

Close game indeed. Wow.

Herp. Lol.

@smiley, good game about to wrap in SW. A little annoyed I feel I got screwed by my champion eating 4 of units and not summoning, but it's no guarantee it would have locked it up

bonesquad

I learn my lesson with the Jungle Elves. Don't not let them cross the line. Good game Smiley.

Due to various reasons I still have only had the chance to play like seven games online, and oddly of those seven times three times I was given the Jungle Elves (I picked random team each time). The first two times I did well and won. My current game not so much. First time I've seen the void and didn't know they had a card that could kill any common card just because they felt like it. Messed up my strategy and I wasn't able to recover:(

Smiley90

I learn my lesson with the Jungle Elves. Don't not let them cross the line. Good game Smiley.

was that a double negative on purpose? But yeah, good game, I was hoping for an earlier champ, but you managed your magic waaay better than me :p

Smiley90

Typing on an iPad ;)

I thought you were telling me to try not to "hold back" and be more agressive with the double negative LOL. I learned not to be too agressive by seeing how Astros games against me have ended :p Now the next matchup is one-sided on paper, Your Tundra Orcs vs my Cloaks, team with the highest global win% vs team with the lowest, I can only win! :D

Hereafter

I thought you were telling me to try not to "hold back" and be more agressive with the double negative LOL. I learned not to be too agressive by seeing how Astros games against me have ended :p Now the next matchup is one-sided on paper, Your Tundra Orcs vs my Cloaks, team with the highest global win% vs team with the lowest, I can only win! :D

I find the Orcs overrated. I personally think the Phoenix Elves are the best overall. They don't have any weak matchups unlike the Orcs.

Orcs vs Dwarves/Phoenix Elves is usually 4-6 at best for the Orcs. Of course I just started playing 3 weeks ago :p

Heel

5buGtl.jpg

ilpd6BBXnImO.gif

Smiley90

I find the Orcs overrated. I personally think the Phoenix Elves are the best overall. They don't have any weak matchups unlike the Orcs.

Orcs vs Dwarves/Phoenix Elves is usually 4-6 at best for the Orcs. Of course I just started playing 3 weeks ago :p

Everyone did :p I don't like playing Orcs too much, I actually find them slightly OP, because they brutally encourage turtling with high-damage meelee and wall-damage :D So I tend not to play them :p I really enjoy playing Elves and Goblins, they're the most fun IMHO. And I like the challenge of playing Cloaks/Vanguard, because they're very underplayed and seem underpowered ;)

Perfect.

Scrabbledude and I just had a super close fun match. Good game
Haha. I didn't think I really had a shot when Krunk came out. Maybe if you didn't have so many smashers. Orcs vs Vanguard is tough for Vanguard to begin with. I was also handicapped by the fact that I'm really bad at this game. :p

Smiley90

Playdek don't need to implement chat.
Just an "Oh Crap" button for when you end up outnumbered 7-1 by AstroLad's Goblins.

Just wait until he comes in with his Summoner, then summon a champ and attack him with champ&summoner for the instakill. Works really well against Astro. ;)

Top Bottom