• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Good game Smiley, have you consider putting a 1 or 2 owls? It would help with the dead draws.

Like I said, I haven't edited any of my decks apart from swapping out 1 Cloak champ that I found particularly useless. Wanted to get a good feel for all of them first before making any changes and have fared quite well with the default decks. ;) Will go over all the mercenaries and reinforcements soon though, just to see if I can get my record even better...

I had 10 one time in a game against Anilones, 3 of them were Zombie Horde...so it did a lot of damage, haha.
I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around Nightfall. It's a good idea to focus on units instead of actions then?

For some reason Astro changed to "Remote Player" in my games.

Smiley90

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around Nightfall. It's a good idea to focus on units instead of actions then?

That happens when the server doesn't load opponent's names fast enough, same with Ascension and Summoner Wars. It's a playdek thing. :p

Its a good idea to NOT FOCUS ALL YOUR DAMN ENEMIES ON ME !!!! :p

Throw some at Astro too :( hes got lots of dudes out there!

Card choice is really dependent on whats available to you, whats available to your enemy, and whats currently being picked up by everyone that you can chain off of.

Its a good idea to NOT FOCUS ALL YOUR DAMN ENEMIES ON ME !!!! :p

Throw some at Astro too :( hes got lots of dudes out there!

Card choice is really dependent on whats available to you, whats available to your enemy, and whats currently being picked up by everyone that you can chain off of.
haha, it's only my second game, and I heard he was good. I figured it would make sense to not piss him off. :p

The game of Neuroshima Hex we're playing is my first one ever. You can school me there.

Smiley90

I'm lovin' it! I did dish out somewhat evenly though. Most units I've ever had out there (believe it's 13 or 14).

EVENLY MY ASS. 4 against blackflag and 9 against me (and 8 against blahness), you call that EVENLY?!?

gazele

Banned
@Gazele87. Good game. You almost had me, but I think you burnt your deck too quick. Once I realized that I knew was winning regardless of the board.

Yeah man, good game, mirror games are always a toss up, just to chime in I'd be down for a SW league too

blackflag

Good game hereafter. I thought I was coming back and then really killing that wall killed me. I realized it at soon as I did it lol.

FwjA2.jpg

Given my appalling record, I'm hoping that my entomb the enemy strategy will pay dividends.
(mirror matches are confusing)

Vard

I lost in the Carc tourney 100-88 to gamecocks. The Carc gods were against me that match - but GC played well.

Off to the loser's bracket! (I like this second chance thing.)

Good game Vard! Our 3rd round match is complete. I got it 100-88

This whole advancing through the tourney thing feels strange. Steve Spurrier must be on my side.

Slacker

CARCASSONNE UPDATE

Here's the bracket, updated with all results I've seen so far:

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/carcassonne2

As always, if your result isn't there, it means I missed it, so hook a brother up.

Games that are ready for action:

Astrolad vs InaudibleWhispa (I think Astro is on vacation but said he'd be on at night)
Mercviper vs Airbrian
wideawakewesley vs tm24
soldat7 vs Got the Shakes (heads up GtS - your last opponent forfeited, so you moved up a notch)
Rayspencer vs Bigdaddygamebot
Heel vs Octobot
Of All Trades vs TechSamuraiX
Scrabbledude vs Animlboogy

Let's keep it going dudebros!

tm24

Good game Vard! Our 3rd round match is complete. I got it 100-88

This whole advancing through the tourney thing feels strange. Steve Spurrier must be on my side.
Doesn't having Spurrier on your side mean you'll choke hard when it matters after the big win?

CARCASSONNE UPDATE

As always, if your result isn't there, it means I missed it, so hook a brother up.

Astrolad vs InaudibleWhispa (I think Astro is on vacation but said he'd be on at night)
Mercviper vs Airbrian
wideawakewesley vs tm24
soldat7 vs Got the Shakes (heads up GtS - your last opponent forfeited, so you moved up a notch)
Heel vs Octobot

Considering Astro couldnt get any response from him, I started a game vs CzarTim. I did send Bigdaddygamebot a GC friend request, but Ive heard nothing from him yet.

blackflag

WTF @ those Gorillas man!!!!!!!!!

I never even seen those before. Drop 2 and owned my champion hard. He had 6 life I think and they just destroyed him

FML

blackflag

I think i've lost all but 1 game today and several of those I thought I was easily winning. Frustrating. My record is going to crap today. I'm 27-16 now. This morning I was like 26-12 or something.

WTF @ those Gorillas man!!!!!!!!!

I never even seen those before. Drop 2 and owned my champion hard. He had 6 life I think and they just destroyed him

FML

Yeah, haha sorry. I got some bullshit rolls with them too. Both of them got pummel and each of them landed another hit in those extra attacks, 6 damage so quick. With my summoner frozen, and your Krung in my face, I was scared as hell. haha

That was a weird and FUCKING SCARY tactic you had going there, bum rush me with nothing but your summoner and Krung. I nearly pooped myself when I saw what you were doing.

Thanks Astro and everyone for the warm welcome and league invite. Sorry to disappoint though, I'm one of those people who doesn't play online/multi, I'm just itching to talk about gaming. Sorry again

blackflag

Yeah, haha sorry. I got some bullshit rolls with them too. Both of them got pummel and each of them landed another hit in those extra attacks, 6 damage so quick. With my summoner frozen, and your Krung in my face, I was scared as hell. haha

That was a weird and FUCKING SCARY tactic you had going there, bum rush me with nothing but your summoner and Krung. I nearly pooped myself when I saw what you were doing.

Yeah I wasn't even worried until I saw those gorillas. Like even if you dropped a champ I wasn't worried. I never knew about those gorillas though. Have never seen them. I'll have to be more conservative next time.

Good game. This game is so exciting. So many turn of events are possible

Yeah I wasn't even worried until I saw those gorillas. Like even if you dropped a champ I wasn't worried. I never knew about those gorillas though. Have never seen them. I'll have to be more conservative next time.

Good game. This game is so exciting. So many turn of events are possible

Yeah, nothing else I could have dropped would do 6 or if I was super lucky 8 damage from just 2 units. Haha.

I'm still not super confident with the jungle elves, but I like their play style a lot. They will be one of my main teams once I settle down with all this new stuff.

CARCASSONNE UPDATE

Mercviper vs Airbrian
wideawakewesley vs tm24
Heel vs Octobot

We've been playing our match but we're not making much progress.

Smiley90

Elut-Bal is so broken, I just discarded 3 units only for him not to be summoned at all, despite me having more than enough magic. wtf. Enjoy your win Mecha/Diesel -.-

Smiley90

Weird, I've never had that issue.

Only issues I had were crashing vs AI.

See, I've never had crashing issues.

But yeah, I select him, it asks me to discard units, I discard units, then it stays in my hand and just goes back to "Select Units you want to summon", as if nothing happened -,-

Anilones

Elut-Bal is so broken, I just discarded 3 units only for him not to be summoned at all, despite me having more than enough magic. wtf. Enjoy your win Mecha/Diesel -.-
That happened on my first loss (to RaySpencer), threw away three or four units for nothing. I quickly learned how to change my deck after that happened.

See, I've never had crashing issues.

But yeah, I select him, it asks me to discard units, I discard units, then it stays in my hand and just goes back to "Select Units you want to summon", as if nothing happened -,-

of course it just stays there, you have to drag it out to summon it man! The first time you drag is just to choose if you want to discard units that's why its blue, second one is white like all other summons.

And my crashing wasn't a big deal, like I said it was just in single player matches vs AI, and I dont do those anymore. Haha.

Smiley90

of course it just stays there, you have to drag it out to summon it man! The first time you drag is just to choose if you want to discard units that's why its blue, second one is white like all other summons.

And my crashing wasn't a big deal, like I said it was just in single player matches vs AI, and I dont do those anymore. Haha.

I did drag it out, but then it just asked me again what units I wanted to discard -.-

The game is on, though progress is slow. I think due to time zone differences by the time Astro can make his move it's about 2-3am here, and by the time I make mine he's probably in bed/at work/vacationing.

bonesquad

I did drag it out, but then it just asked me again what units I wanted to discard -.-

Looks like I accidentally posted this in the league thread, but I had the exact same Elut-Bal frustrations yesterday. I wasted two cards before I realized that you shouldn't hit Done. After dragging Elut Bal out, selecting any cards to discard, drag him out again. Hitting Done "cancels" out of the action, but you still lose any discarded units.

Of course he could be bugged. The game also cheated me that same game by giving only 1 hit in 6 dice rolls when I only needed 2 to kill a unit that turn:)

mercviper

I've had the same error/similar problem, especially when I use forced summon. At best, the UI is not clear at all on when you can drag him out for an actual summon and makes it easily skippable. At worst it's an actual bug and attempting to summon him lets you discard units, but finishing that step skips the summoning placement step completely and leaves you in your hand minus a few units and still not enough magic to summon him.

Top Bottom