• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

mercviper

Another good game mercviper. Killing you with your own thief seemed right somehow after all the shenanigans we pulled. That was possibly the most fun match I had ever!

Son of a bitch I didn't even think of that. lol

WTB fraps program for iOS to record our matches too. So many shenanigans in them.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ray just wait until they release more factions. There's one called the Benders that has an ability just like Vegas in Neuroshima (pay to take over any common). :D

Ray just wait until they release more factions. There's one called the Benders that has an ability just like Vegas in Neuroshima (pay to take over any common). :D

Yeah, ive seen them on the site, their art looks fucking rad.

I probably need to play more games as and vs the Vegas team in NH, I still dont think I like how it works, but I dunno. Its weird, because someone taking over my dude for a turn in SW doesnt bother me as much, or someone dropping a FK Phantom doesnt bother me either. I think its because those have significant downsides. You either only get it for 1 turn, or with the Phantom, it might just fail (or you do what I just did in my game vs smiley, and forget to move him so he does fucking nothing), and you get nothing.

In NH, the only person who has a chance of getting a downside is the person who had the unit stollen from them, because if I take one of your dudes and spin him twards your base, even if you destroy the bribing tile, your dude is still pointed the wrong way, which is super stupid.

bonesquad

BGG said:
Playdek Sale and Upcoming Games Confirmed
Playdek is having a sale in honor of GenCon and their latest announcements. Here is what is on sale 8/16/12 through 8/23/12:
Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer - $0.99, all expansions $0.99
Summoner Wars - Buy Everything Bundle $4.99
Nightfall - $0.99
Food Fight iOS - $0.99

Playdek has also announced that they are working on the following games:
- Smash Up! from AEG
- Tank on Tank from Lock n Load Publishing
- Can't Stop from Gryphon Games
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/12572/ios-news-flash-playdek-confirms-new-releases-lost

Is Food Fight worth the buck when it goes on sale? The game never looked all that interesting to me. I'm sure everyone already has the others. Though I haven't heard of any of those future games (which doesn't mean much).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Great deals. Everyone in the iOS gaming thread better buy Summoner Wars at that price.

Food Fight is not very good imo.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dominion will be on all platforms (not sure if it's cross-platform though)

saw someone in the thread say the beta was really good. have there been a lot of people saying it sucks? (which seems to be the meme here)

ehhh, whatever, just gimme i'll buy :D hell i'll double dip on my nexus & ipad if i need to (though given the setup i assume/hope not)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Speaking of Playdek. I was listening to The Dice Tower (BG podcast) and they mentioned how they talked to the SW guys and those guys said they were afraid of chat because of potential abuse (profanity). I really hope this is just a rationalization and not the actual reason Playdek games don't have chat, ffs.

Summoner Wars was coming to Android. I thought I read that on the price drop announcement on BGG.

Oh yeah guess you're right. They actually mentioned this vaguely in interviews before as well:

"Playdek has also confirmed in their latest press release that Summoner Wars is being worked on for Android. This information is all just basic announcements at the moment but we will inform of more details when we have them."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
CodingMonkeys are releasing Reiner Knizia’s Lost Cities in a couple weeks.

http://toucharcade.com/2012/08/14/reiner-knizias-lost-cities-coming-to-the-app-store-courtesy-of-carcassonne-developer-thecodemonkeys/

Any good, anyone ?
Looks kinda lame/lightweight.

On Twitter they indicated a Carc expansion later this year.
https://twitter.com/LostCitiesApp/status/235125630096785409

The boardgame last cities is very lightweight, but nonetheless a lot of fun. And a game doesn't last more than like 10 minutes. But it's fun :p doesn't have tooooo much to it though, so it's definitely not sth you can play a lot of all the time without getting bored quickly.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The boardgame last cities is very lightweight, but nonetheless a lot of fun. And a game doesn't last more than like 10 minutes. But it's fun :p doesn't have tooooo much to it though, so it's definitely not sth you can play a lot of all the time without getting bored quickly.

Yep. This. It's lightweight and won't blow your socks off but I still play it a few times a years after owning it for five years. Also Coding Monkey so you know the async implementation will be fantastic, it'll have Elo, etc.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
oh and donald x just confirmed on bgg that dominion app will be multiplatform play and purchases will carry over across all platforms.

i dunno...hope rising.

Re: Dominion, from what I've read, it looks as if one player has a specific expansion it will be available to other players for that game.
Just got to wait on pricing now.

Smiley90

oh and donald x just confirmed on bgg that dominion app will be multiplatform play and purchases will carry over across all platforms.

i dunno...hope rising.

Well "of course" it's multiplatform if it's just the front end for an HTML online program... There's not too much programming needed for the platform :p I guess that also means there won't be ANY offline play?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well "of course" it's multiplatform if it's just the front end for an HTML online program... There's not too much programming needed for the platform :p I guess that also means there won't be ANY offline play?

ok, works for me. i don't really care about the backend as long as the game has the features i want -- which in terms of cross-platform play and not having to double dip and the like puts it miles ahead of most everything

no idea about offline play -- i actually don't really care about it but if you hop into that thread i'm sure donald can tell you :)

Smiley90

ok, works for me. i don't really care about the backend as long as the game has the features i want -- which in terms of cross-platform play and not having to double dip and the like puts it miles ahead of most everything

no idea about offline play -- i actually don't really care about it but if you hop into that thread i'm sure donald can tell you :)

Well I'm thinking if it's HTML it's bound to requre online connection, since all the calculations are server-bound and not local... Right?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well I'm thinking if it's HTML it's bound to requre online connection, since all the calculations are server-bound and not local... Right?

I think there is a technical way to do it but judging by the fact Donald X has not addressed it directly...let's see. :D

There's going to be Seaside A and Seaside B, so it looks like the expansions are going to be broken down into smaller packages.
campaign mode

Edit: that's just the campaign - may have no relevance to expansions

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
They should do the expansions by card. People on iOS will pay .99c for anything.

(Says the man who just spent $5 on a single-role promo for Rattus on BGG.)

AirBrian

gg, superrobot! (Le Havre)

Nice 2-point win. I setup a rematch, but I have no idea what your name is on GC. You can just create the game if you want. :)

On a side note, I really wish Apple would give the option to display nicknames rather than real names.

Cool, PlayDek sale is nice. I own everything they make, but anyone that doesnt should buy everything! ....well except Food Fight, its pretty boring, but hell for a dollar its worth it for the art, which is amazing.

Smiley90

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/12572/ios-news-flash-playdek-confirms-new-releases-lost

Is Food Fight worth the buck when it goes on sale? The game never looked all that interesting to me. I'm sure everyone already has the others. Though I haven't heard of any of those future games (which doesn't mean much).

Adding to this, the facebook post has more "text" the the new game announcements, I'm confused this hasn't garnered more attention :D

"Fans have seen them in the rule books and now it’s official: along with the sale, Playdek is pleased to confirm its next two new titles:

Smash Up!

Smash Up!, the all-new shufflebuilding game from Playdek and Alderac Entertainment Group hits the digital tabletop this year. Featuring Pirates, Ninja, Zombies, Robots, Dinosaurs and more Smash Up! will make your iDevice at least 84.4% more awesome than anyone else's. Smash Up! will offer the best features from all our games and brings AEG’s awesome new game play mechanic to the world of deck games. Our friends AEG will be showing Smash Up at Gen Con this year and we think you ought to check it out! Look for further announcements soon! Smash Up the Card Game

And if this wasn’t enough news for one release: After many press inquiries and a lot of fan interest Playdek is proud to announce its first collaboration with Lock n Load Publishing will be Tank on Tank!

Tank on Tank

Tank on Tank from Playdek will bring an engaging light war game to your digital tabletop with stunning graphics, ease of play and many of the features you’ve come to expect from Playdek. Tank on Tank from Lock N Load Publishing is an excellent tactical game that can be learned in five minutes and played during a lunch break. The Allies land in Normandy to liberate France from German rule. The liberation however, won’t be an easy road. From D-Day at Omaha Beach, through the battle for Normandy, the Allies will fight the Germans tooth and nail, bayonet and rifle, tank on tank. Look for further news in the weeks ahead. Tank on Tank at Lock N Load Publishing

In addition, Playdek is announcing that it will be bringing Summoner Wars to Android. Look for further announcements about Playdek’s Android plans in the future. Summoner Wars on iOS will be playable in the Plaid Hat booth.

Playdek’s first title with Gryphon Games:

Can’t Stop

Can’t Stop is Playdek’s first title with their friends from Gryphon Games. Playdek brings the venerable Sid Sackson classic to 3d with the usual Playdek polish. Once you've started this intense dice game, you just can't stop! You’ll go for the dice again and again only to risk losing it all on a single roll. Can’t Stop Boardgame"

Sounds AWESOME. Astro, I don't know any of these games, can you "or someone else" tell us something about them? Smash Up's description sounds hilarious, a Playdek Wargame sounds interesting and I love wargames, Can't stop doesn't have much description to it... but dice... we'll see? :D It's playdek so it'll be great I'm sure.

Hereafter

Good game Benny lava,

My inital draw after the first one was horrendous. I end up with 5 event cards twice! Finally got the champs at the end, almost too late. Good job on the magic drain. I usually dont let that happen to me when I play fallen kingdom.

Adding to this, the facebook post has more "text" the the new game announcements, I'm confused this hasn't garnered more attention :D

"Fans have seen them in the rule books and now it’s official: along with the sale, Playdek is pleased to confirm its next two new titles:

Smash Up!

Smash Up!, the all-new shufflebuilding game from Playdek and Alderac Entertainment Group hits the digital tabletop this year. Featuring Pirates, Ninja, Zombies, Robots, Dinosaurs and more Smash Up! will make your iDevice at least 84.4% more awesome than anyone else's. Smash Up! will offer the best features from all our games and brings AEG’s awesome new game play mechanic to the world of deck games. Our friends AEG will be showing Smash Up at Gen Con this year and we think you ought to check it out! Look for further announcements soon! Smash Up the Card Game

And if this wasn’t enough news for one release: After many press inquiries and a lot of fan interest Playdek is proud to announce its first collaboration with Lock n Load Publishing will be Tank on Tank!

Tank on Tank

Tank on Tank from Playdek will bring an engaging light war game to your digital tabletop with stunning graphics, ease of play and many of the features you’ve come to expect from Playdek. Tank on Tank from Lock N Load Publishing is an excellent tactical game that can be learned in five minutes and played during a lunch break. The Allies land in Normandy to liberate France from German rule. The liberation however, won’t be an easy road. From D-Day at Omaha Beach, through the battle for Normandy, the Allies will fight the Germans tooth and nail, bayonet and rifle, tank on tank. Look for further news in the weeks ahead. Tank on Tank at Lock N Load Publishing

In addition, Playdek is announcing that it will be bringing Summoner Wars to Android. Look for further announcements about Playdek’s Android plans in the future. Summoner Wars on iOS will be playable in the Plaid Hat booth.

Playdek’s first title with Gryphon Games:

Can’t Stop

Can’t Stop is Playdek’s first title with their friends from Gryphon Games. Playdek brings the venerable Sid Sackson classic to 3d with the usual Playdek polish. Once you've started this intense dice game, you just can't stop! You’ll go for the dice again and again only to risk losing it all on a single roll. Can’t Stop Boardgame"

Sounds AWESOME. Astro, I don't know any of these games, can you "or someone else" tell us something about them? Smash Up's description sounds hilarious, a Playdek Wargame sounds interesting and I love wargames, Can't stop doesn't have much description to it... but dice... we'll see? :D It's playdek so it'll be great I'm sure.

I already looked up Smash Up a few weeks ago when it was rumored (and it sounds awesome), but what about Tank on Tank, and Cant Stop? Are these awesome games?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Smash Up seems like a cool new deckbuilder. Looking forward to trying it out. I actually already have it on one of my coolstuffinc preorders based on pre-release hype.

Can't Stop is a really fun party game but crazy simple. I'm not sure how something that simple will translate to iOS but we'll see what Playdek can whip up.

Dunno anything about Tank on Tank. I hope they're not overdoing it though and we still see Agricola some time this year. :/

Smiley90

RAY YOU ARE SUCH A LUCKER.

First you get lucky I didn't Wild Swing, then you get Lucky with the 6 roll to posess my champ. wow. WOOOOOW.

Also Kosh, that 7 dice roll made me... uh... WTF quite hard.

First you get lucky I didn't Wild Swing, then you get Lucky with the 6 roll to posess my champ. wow. WOOOOOW.

Haha, yeah. I love keeping one phantom in my deck just in case.

Though, its your fault anyway! You should have killed my phantom when you had a chance.

Smiley90

Haha, yeah. I love keeping one phantom in my deck just in case.

Though, its your fault anyway! You should have killed my phantom when you had a chance.

Well I could either kill the phantom and waste a turn that I could spend eliminating all your units to go straight for your summoner (which thanks to Wild Swing also has a high chance of killing the Phantom anyway), and count on the 83% chance that your Phantom won't kill my unit... the choice was a fairly obvious one to me, but my luck failed me twice, and you got lucky. :p

Well I could either kill the phantom and waste a turn that I could spend eliminating all your units to go straight for your summoner (which thanks to Wild Swing also has a high chance of killing the Phantom anyway), and count on the 83% chance that your Phantom won't kill my unit... the choice was a fairly obvious one to me, but my luck failed me twice, and you got lucky. :p

Hmm, I thought you got to aim your attack with krung though, so after wild swing failed, you could aim your normal attack at the phantom, cause didn't you kill my reaper with krung after wild swing failed?

I dunno! Either way, that was my only phantom anyway.

Kosh

Yeah, I was saving those two Heroic Feats for quite a while.

Smiley90

Hmm, I thought you got to aim your attack with krung though, so after wild swing failed, you could aim your normal attack at the phantom, cause didn't you kill my reaper with krung after wild swing failed?

I dunno! Either way, that was my only phantom anyway.

You have to aim first, then do the wild swing roll :p

Smiley90

What is this Dominion you speak of

It's this game that had a release month 3 times and the dev missed it 3 times without saying anything until a least a month after they'd already missed it.

It's also the single greatest deck building game in existence. Period.

Top Bottom