• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AirBrian

Wait, so did you lose your last game to bonesquad? If thats the case, theres a tie and bonesquad advances since he beat Czartim twice instead of splitting. BTw, if anyone else wants to get started on their round 2 match ups, here they are

Hereafter vs tm24
Smiley90 vs bonesquad?
eznark vs mercipver
Astro vs blackflag

I thought it went by total points. I won against bonesquad, but only had 6 points. Tim had 8.

EDIT: Never mind...I was looking at the horizontal rows and it only showed one game played between bone/tim. The vertical rows show the second game between them.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Less random, more planned deckbuilding and
Combos.

I think it's also way more based on luck of your draws, since there aren't as many cards that let you control the state of the game, e.g. drawing, trashing. I have a feeling the expansions will make it less so, though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
TTTTTRIPLEPOST.

Did you mean LESS luck because of that? Nightfall is definitely less luck based, esp if you draft.

Smiley90

Nightfall is dropping back to $0.99 again tonight.

That pretty much guarantees the expansion drops tonight,,, right? Right guys? GUYS???

But seriously, I liked Ascension better at launch, but for a few months now Nightfall is up top, cause pretty much no game plays the same. Imagine how good Dominion would've been -cries-

Smiley90

Nightfall update is LIVE! Hit me up with martial law invites!

EDIT: purchase seems to be broken atm GIMMEGIMME

butzopower

proud of his butz
TTTTTRIPLEPOST.

Did you mean LESS luck because of that? Nightfall is definitely less luck based, esp if you draft.

I feel like I have a bit more control in Ascension, because I can control the board, and a lot of the cards can give me something I can then use immediately. In Nightfall, I feel I'm not only playing off the luck of my hand, but also the luck of what my opponent drew. It's a much bigger risk versus reward, and even allows a fair amount of bluffing and such, but I think it has just as much if not more luck than Ascension.

I feel like I have a bit more control in Ascension, because I can control the board, and a lot of the cards can give me something I can then use immediately. In Nightfall, I feel I'm not only playing off the luck of my hand, but also the luck of what my opponent drew. It's a much bigger risk versus reward, and even allows a fair amount of bluffing and such, but I think it has just as much if not more luck than Ascension.

It's so much easier in nightfall to controll what cards you will get in your hand on a draw, and makes it a lot easier to actually set up a plan and use it than in ascension. The only thing really random is what cards are in the archive and what cards you start with in the draft, after that you can really decide how everything plays out.

In ascension your playing with a much larger set of cards in your hand, and a waaaay bigger pool in the middle. it's much more difficult in ascension to say, hey I'm just gonna get mechana stuff, and actually pull it off.

I'm just picking things that look interesting, gonna take QUITE a few games to get to know the cards lol

Yeah, I still went for stuff that links well.

But I think im going to play a bunch of games vs the CPU at work tonight on my lunch break, just cranking them out like that helps learn me learn that shit really quick.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ha!

is there anything that special this time? i just read the two-page manual in the app and thought all it was was (1) addition of "Feed" where if you do the Feed action (usually discard), you get to repeat an action or kicker and (2) now for some wounds instead of discarding for cards you can discard to buff your strength (as indicated on the card). but you have to pick one wound ability or the other

Smiley90

ha!

is there anything that special this time? i just read the two-page manual in the app and thought all it was was (1) addition of "Feed" where if you do the Feed action (usually discard), you get to repeat an action or kicker and (2) now for some wounds instead of discarding for cards you can discard to buff your strength (as indicated on the card). but you have to pick one wound ability or the other

That's pretty much all that's new rules-wise, yeah. But so many new cards I have to learn :lol

sladeums

Here's the promo card unlock requirements for Martial Law.

Ahmad Hassan : Begin your chain phase with 1 minion in play.

Pale Fury : Increase the strength of a friendly minion to 10.

Desperate Measures : Feed a single copy of All-Out-Lunge 4 times.

Also, from their Facebook
Hi all – we have discovered a bug in reporting the Game Center achievements in Martial Law. Achievements are currently being earned, including unlocking the promo cards, but the game is not getting the Game Center response. We’re preparing a free update that will correct this, and once you’ve updated, your game should then sync all of your achievements earned so far.

We should be submitting the fix later today. Thanks everyone

You can't beat Vanguard in the endgame!

Also, don't summon anything from the wall unless its 1 cost.Summon from raise dead instead. It's cheaper, way cheaper.

I don't remember summoning anything from walls except for my champs...hmmm, I dunno! I'm pretty tired right now :p

I can't beat your vanguard at any point, end game, early game, mid game. I'm trying though! I tried new stuff this time, it worked out a little better.

Hereafter

I don't remember summoning anything from walls except for my champs...hmmm, I dunno! I'm pretty tired right now :p

I can't beat your vanguard at any point, end game, early game, mid game. I'm trying though! I tried new stuff this time, it worked out a little better.

You were summoning cultist near the end.

You were summoning cultist near the end.

No, those came off my summoner I'm sure.... Don't think I had those in my hand, the magic didn't matter at that point anyway, I had sommoned everything that needed magic. My last 5 cards were....malevolence, phantom, 2 dark sacrifice, aaaannnnnddd ummm, forced summon I think.

I even tried doing an early rush with minions, but you got your super aoe guy out early enough that I had to bail out of that, since you we're crushing anything and everything that got anywhere close. And then I couldn't get your walls all down before you could bring in your last 2 guys! Booooo!

Hereafter

No, those came off my summoner I'm sure.... Don't think I had those in my hand, the magic didn't matter at that point anyway, I had sommoned everything that needed magic. My last 5 cards were....malevolence, phantom, 2 dark sacrifice, aaaannnnnddd ummm, forced summon I think.

I even tried doing an early rush with minions, but you got your super aoe guy out early enough that I had to bail out of that, since you we're crushing anything and everything that got anywhere close. And then I couldn't get your walls all down before you could bring in your last 2 guys! Booooo!

I think you should summon the forward walls instead of putting them back. Just becareful of Calvary units and Angels after your force

Jacob is a pain to Cultists so Zombies might be your best bet. If you attacked with Mal, she'll died but you get to use her 4 attack plus you get the magic point for her death. Really a not a net lost for you.

I think you should summon the forward walls instead of putting them back. Just becareful of Calvary units and Angels after your force

Jacob is a pain to Cultists so Zombies might be your best bet. If you attacked with Mal, she'll died but you get to use her 4 attack plus you get the magic point for her death. Really a not a net lost for you.

Forward walls are scary though! Then I get attacked easier! :p

I only brought out the cultist in the end in hopes of you having to kill them with your summoner, so I could maybe get some free hits in. Since it was really hard to get close to you with the wall in the way, and your champ(s) out and about. And I ended up sac'ing Mal to try to heal my other champ to hopefully get 2 attacks on you, hoping you would miss on at least 2 of your last attacks. She wasn't close enough to attack your summoner directly, so if I moved her in, you woulda killed her before she got there anyway.

Top Bottom