• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still don't know what's up with whether I'm playing bonesquad or not... lol

Also, YOU GUYS SUCK, I;ve upped my SolForge pledge to 60. 60USD ingame was too tempting :x

That was a stupid match Astro :p

Who ever got bored of skipping their turn first lost, haha. Unfortunately for me, I got bored first! Hahaha

Hmmm nah I was just waiting to hit a decent hand; just didn't get wounds together to get me the draws.

Damn, I shoulda waited then :p

This new expansion is crazy though, sooooo much more to learn. It seems like there is a lot more really good cards this time too, not just the 3 or 4 in the base game. I don't think my old strategy will work in this expansion.

Here's the promo card unlock requirements for Martial Law.

Ahmad Hassan : Begin your chain phase with 1 minion in play.

Pale Fury : Increase the strength of a friendly minion to 10.

Desperate Measures : Feed a single copy of All-Out-Lunge 4 times.

Also, from their Facebook

Anyone have any good strategies for unlocking pale fury?

Hereafter

@Ray, definitely not your week vs me. I assume you are not used to playing vs Jungle?

I was waiting for that extra magic point to boost the attack to 3 for the kill...

I'm pretty sure hereafter is a robot, perfectly executed everything all the time. Haha

2 things:

1 - I should probably stop using the Fallen Kingdom, I enjoy how they play, but I dont think I'm actually any good with them, haha.
2 - I need another break from playing hereafter, it's like playing street fighter and getting perfect'd every round by m.bison, it's too much to take all the time! Haha.

@Ray, definitely not your week vs me. I assume you are not used to playing vs Jungle?

I was waiting for that extra magic point to boost the attack to 3 for the kill...

Naw, I just suck vs every team, especially when your playing them, haha.

I have just over 100 games now, and I win maybe 40% of those.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Damn, I shoulda waited then :p

This new expansion is crazy though, sooooo much more to learn. It seems like there is a lot more really good cards this time too, not just the 3 or 4 in the base game. I don't think my old strategy will work in this expansion.

Yeah, really enjoying the variety the expansion brings.

Smiley90

oO, found a bug. I targeted Jerome Carceri (the 1 health 3 damage dude) with Hysteria so he'd damage himself, no he has 0 health (no red bar) but is still in play oO

(and yes, that's the iPhone layout. LIKE A BOSS.)

GfOvN.jpg

oO, found a bug. I targeted Jerome Carceri (the 1 health 3 damage dude) with Hysteria so he'd damage himself, no he has 0 health (no red bar) but is still in play oO

(and yes, that's the iPhone layout. LIKE A BOSS.)

[mg]http://i.imgur.com/GfOvN.jpg[/img]

Woah, wtf! Hax man! Glad you didn't CHEAT like this in our game :p

Stupid Caylus keeps booting me back to the lobby. Is this happening for anyone else?
Must be overloaded servers.

Not while I've been taking my turn, but every time I log back in to take my turn I have to start from the beginning, but I think it's always like that, isn't it?

Also, a long game like Caylus sucks when your losing, haha. I had a realllllly bad turn in the middle of the match, and that set me back a whole lot, I felt like we were really even before that turn, and now I don't know if its possible to recover, haha.

It's ok now. I'd get so far and even to the point where it booted me out while picking my next move. The game screen went odd too, not showing you as one of the players.

And while we're on the topic of servers booting people off...

It's Back!!!!!!!!!, and still not working :)

Edit: I'm being harsh - I've (eventually) logged in with a google account and started playing a bot. Seems much more responsive now.

How annoying (goko Dominion).
I took a call during a one player game (I wasn't logged in but you can play games against the computer) and when I switched back it reset the game.

Smiley90

Hrng I'm conflicted. On one hand, DOMINION, on the other, the goku-crap-model...

It's not supposed to be used with phones or tablets yet, but if you use the link above you should be able to get it to work. It might be quicker later.
I've beaten a bot and played one of the adventures.

Smiley90

It's not supposed to be used with phones or tablets yet, but if you use the link above you should be able to get it to work. It might be quicker later.
I've beaten a bot and played one of the adventures.

I just tried it and yeah it KINDA works... But it's crazy slow with loading times and the bar with reception/time on my iphone is covering some of the screen because it's not a proper app -.- does it still have all the other bugs from last time, e.g. Uncrypted storing of opponent's hands and such?

I just tried it and yeah it KINDA works... But it's crazy slow with loading times and the bar with reception/time on my iphone is covering some of the screen because it's not a proper app -.- does it still have all the other bugs from last time, e.g. Uncrypted storing of opponent's hands and such?

I can't say but it seems less angry
The message board linked to the old isotropic server is a useful place to keep an eye on.
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4738.75
They've been much more out in the open with responding to specific issues.
Also they have rejigged the pricing (gokoins)
half expansions are $4 or $7 for a complete set, and $20 for Intrigue, Prosperity and Seaside together. Some cards from the Dark Ages set are also available.

blackflag

I must be missing something but I can't figure it out. Why can't I cast forced summon? Because that is the only chance of winning this game and I had 6 magic but spent 4 thinking I could force out Anica...Won't let me cast it and I can't figure out why.

sladeums

I must be missing something but I can't figure it out. Why can't I cast forced summon? Because that is the only chance of winning this game and I had 6 magic but spent 4 thinking I could force out Anica...Won't let me cast it and I can't figure out why.

The 2 wound cost would kill your summoner, the game won't let you suicide.

Smiley90

Wow sladeums, that shivering cross. Just wow. one more half-turn and I would've BRUTALLY won, but.. that shivering cross, jesus. I can't even bring myself to respond to that, so baffled.

sladeums

Wow sladeums, that shivering cross. Just wow. one more half-turn and I would've BRUTALLY won, but.. that shivering cross, jesus. I can't even bring myself to respond to that, so baffled.

lol

It's only wound per Vamp, tho ... not all minions.
I think you got 3 Vamps, a Hunter and 2 Ghouls out.

Unless you do the wrong thing you're still gonna win by like 10+ wounds or something.

Smiley90

lol

It's only wound per Vamp, tho ... not all minions.
I think you got 3 Vamps, a Hunter and 2 Ghouls out.

Unless you do the wrong thing you're still gonna win by like 10+ wounds or something.

oh say what. I swear I thought I had more out. I only saw my 6 minions and was like "fuck"

mercviper

We need LC games from:

AstroLad/tm24
bonesquad/Mercviper
bigwinnerx/gatekeeper

Any updates?

Uhh it's going slowly. There's like some 35+ cards left in our deck lol. Mainly my fault I'll admit. I got back into playing league of legends so I'm spending most of my time playing that than churning out iOS turns for any game. I do try to run through the log of turns I have built up once a day but I've been slacking on that too :<

Edit: there's no chat in game or I'd do it there, but bonesquad if you'd like we can set a time to play out the whole game and get it done with. I should be good any time past 9:30 CST tonight. Same goes for my SW opponent in the pool #2

We need LC games from:

AstroLad/tm24
bonesquad/Mercviper
bigwinnerx/gatekeeper

Any updates?

Bigwinner and I are, if I'm not mistaken, still in the midst of a friendly that started just before pairings. There are 2 cards left and I'm waiting on his turn. Sorry for the holdup, but it's not on my end. Others here can attest to my usually timely turntaking.

Smiley90

I feel like Bleak Resurrection (in Nightfall: Martial Law) is CRAZY OP. You get it into a chain and you can just discard your whole hand and summon EVERYTHING, regardless of whether it was in your hand (since cards you just discarded can be put into play) or if it was already in the discard pile. with a few wounds and like 7 cards to discard, put 7 minions into play without having to combo them. crazy.

hey guys, I won't be able to accept any Carc games for the next week or so. I won't have an "i" device until the 5th gen iPod touch ships. Hold tight! I'll be back soon.

Davidion

I feel like Bleak Resurrection (in Nightfall: Martial Law) is CRAZY OP. You get it into a chain and you can just discard your whole hand and summon EVERYTHING, regardless of whether it was in your hand (since cards you just discarded can be put into play) or if it was already in the discard pile. with a few wounds and like 7 cards to discard, put 7 minions into play without having to combo them. crazy.

Just bought Nightfall this weekend: MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

I have to imagine that it's a typo and the feed is 2 cards, not 1

Smiley90

Just bought Nightfall this weekend: MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

I have to imagine that it's a typo and the feed is 2 cards, not 1

I actually think it MIGHT be 1 card, but that cards you use for feeding can't be used for resurrection. I think that's how it SHOULD work, but I'm really not sure.

Top Bottom