• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Hmm that's unfortunate. Game is a solid worker-placement game. Give the manual a quick read and you should be set.

Yeah, it's just confusing to start with, there is a lot on screen that I assume would explain stuff too me, but i don't even know the basics yet.

The lack of tutorial is what really sucks, since the manual is basically just scans from the physical game, haha.

No online is really what will kill it though.

Davidion

Just started playing Astro in Ascension; boy is this a change in pace, hahaha.

I guess it's customary to set the wait window to 30 days just in case the other person forgets or something, eh?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just started playing Astro in Ascension; boy is this a change in pace, hahaha.

I guess it's customary to set the wait window to 30 days just in case the other person forgets or something, eh?

Yeah, on Playdek games I usually put the max time limit just to give us the best chance of finishing (which I rarely have a problem with, but there's no real downside to max time limit in casual games).

bonesquad

Long time limits are good. Between my unexpected traveling over the past few weeks and my notifications being completely borked, I've managed to drag out my 10 ongoing games of Lost Cities over the course of 3 weeks. Maybe longer:) They're all finally coming to an end! I'm sure I've missed/messed up plenty of other games. (I need to have a chat with Apple this week to find out why since moving to my new phone notifications are anything but timely. I even get ESPN score updates a day after they happen:(

So much to catch up on...and as I scroll up this thread I see anime maids? WTF? Get that shit out of here...wait, Playdek? NOOO!

My hokey solution to the "crap notification" problem with games like TTR.
Set up a vanilla Carc game at the same time with the same participants and remind them with Carc's in-game chat.
Works fairly well with my family games.
Though someone needs to be on top of things.

Davidion

Yeah, on Playdek games I usually put the max time limit just to give us the best chance of finishing (which I rarely have a problem with, but there's no real downside to max time limit in casual games).

I've really come to appreciate having the game flow due to everyone being online at the same time. hahaha

Hereafter

Cant wait to organize that tourney

Cosplay mandatory? :)

Sorry everyone re: Ascension. I got pretty busy last week and then my bright mind decided to join 3 SW Tourney in addition to the league of NH and SW. I'll try to finish ASAP but wanted to apologize for the tardiness.

Hey Mike and Astro, are you guys done with your Carc game? Just wanted to let you know I'm still waiting for the new Touch to ship out before I can start up our Carc tourney final.

Hey Mike and Astro, are you guys done with your Carc game? Just wanted to let you know I'm still waiting for the new Touch to ship out before I can start up our Carc tourney final.
We're about halfway done, but I haven't had time to play any games the last few days due to work. No rush.

mercviper

6Efob.jpg

Finally finished LC tourney game lol. Was looking pretty bleak for me most of that game.

Eznark: I think our sw game is going to time out. :(

sladeums

Dominant Species was submitted last night.

Features sound like :
iPad only. $4.99.
For up to 5 players solo, pass n play, AI, or LAN.
Game Center maybe later possibly at some time in the future.

eznark

Banned
Is the SW tourney still going? I just beat mercviper in game 1, not sure how many we should be playing. Also not sure why he forfeited.

mercviper

Thanks for posting your total domination of me in that game:p Good game, and I apologize again for dragging the game out for so long.

Your welcome. ;)

I dragged it out too so it's not completely your fault lol.

Is the SW tourney still going? I just beat mercviper in game 1, not sure how many we should be playing. Also not sure why he forfeited.

I think it's Bo3, so I'll send a rematch for game 2 at least. I'll take the loss since I think it only times down when it's your turn. Just couldn't catch you at the same time I was playing!

eznark

Banned
Your welcome. ;)

I dragged it out too so it's not completely your fault lol.

I think it's Bo3, so I'll send a rematch for game 2 at least. I'll take the loss since I think it only times down when it's your turn. Just couldn't catch you at the same time I was playing!

I sent you a rematch. Not sure why it times out, seemed like we were at least getting a turn in each per day.

mercviper

I sent you a rematch. Not sure why it times out, seemed like we were at least getting a turn in each per day.

Timer starts to ticks down immediately when it's your turn even when you're offline, so even if we got a turn in each day, if you played right after me and I didn't until the next day, a 14 day timer would end in my loss after about 14 days since I would lose 24 hours on the clock every day. I felt that I was going to timeout earlier since I saw ~9 hours left on my clock and I probably wouldn't be able to check games until after work today.

eznark

Banned
Timer starts to ticks down immediately when it's your turn even when you're offline, so even if we got a turn in each day, if you played right after me and I didn't until the next day, a 14 day timer would end in my loss after about 14 days since I would lose 24 hours on the clock every day. I felt that I was going to timeout earlier since I saw ~9 hours left on my clock and I probably wouldn't be able to check games until after work today.
ohhhhhhhh, I thought it reset after every turn. Lol.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ehhhhh they're OK but not that great. They have this weird thing where you can never fucking play them online.

TTR iPad, Ghost Stories, now Dominant Species and several others I'm looking at you.

I own pretty much every remotely worthwhile iOS BG and the universal ones are by really far the ones I play the most.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I'm playing gatekeeper in Lost Cities tourney, mikeworks in Carc tourney.

SW tourney ... not so sure about that.

I'm digging Alien Frontiers on iPad. Barebones indeed and I'd be confused too if I didn't own the physical version. I keep losing to the 3rd Ai difficulty on the very last dice roll, driving me nuts.

Playing 2player vs AI, it goes so much faster.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Can't Stop from Playdek is apparently coming out this Wednesday. It's a really simple game, I guess along the lines of Lost Cities but even simpler. :p

Still it's Playdek so it'll definitely be a reasonable price and good quality. It's a game that like Lost Cities is very simple but still good (at least IRL), unlike Fluxx which is very simple and bad. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ok blackflag -- sending you a SW tourney invite!

LC tourney results!
astrolad 78
gatekeeper 14

gg man -- was able to snag the 8 9 10 on yellow which really hurt you.

you're next smiley!

Ok blackflag -- sending you a SW tourney invite!

SW tourney results!
astrolad 78
gatekeeper 14

gg man -- was able to snag the 8 9 10 on yellow which really hurt you.

you're next smiley!

I should have known better than to play high on morphine :(

And that was LC, not SW. Maybe I'm not the one who's high.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
haha yep. too many tourneys on the brain as i'm also playing in the BGG netrunner tourney and a live netrunner tourney on saturday in addition to the three ITT :p

for some reason not letting me invite smiley -- i guess b/c we're playing a game right now probably, so after that....

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
haha yep. too many tourneys on the brain as i'm also playing in the BGG netrunner tourney and a live netrunner tourney on saturday in addition to the three ITT :p

for some reason not letting me invite smiley -- i guess b/c we're playing a game right now probably, so after that....

but... we're not playing a game right now... or are we? I never got any notification oO

Top Bottom