• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

That scuppers my theory.
Once I get Elder Signs to update (damn you "Cannot Find The AppStore" message) I'll have another go.
I have to switch from wifi to 3G to play Playdek and Caylus online due to firewalls so don't want to jinx the Elder Sign update.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
hehe gg -- was one half-turn away from tying! (that would have been fun)

meh, if I'd had more turns I would've started white too, but I knew I wouldn't have enough time if you DID take some cards - Decided to play it safe. ;)

Weird question, so most of the games were all playing now have shitty or zero chat in them. I know some people use carc to keep chat going, or Google+, or we even tried twitter for a bit. But could we all jsut make an Email thats our GC name with GAF at the end and add it into our messages account and chat through that?

Would that work? would people be down for that? Im saying seperate email, since I doubt people want to be just handing out there normal email to everyone, but a nice like GAF specific one might be nice.

Weird question, so most of the games were all playing now have shitty or zero chat in them. I know some people use carc to keep chat going, or Google+, or we even tried twitter for a bit. But could we all jsut make an Email thats our GC name with GAF at the end and add it into our messages account and chat through that?

Would that work? would people be down for that? Im saying seperate email, since I doubt people want to be just handing out there normal email to everyone, but a nice like GAF specific one might be nice.
Outlook.com (aka hotmail) lets you create 5 aliases e.g. BlahGaf@live.com

So here goes
DieselPioneerGaf
@outlook.com
Edit: let's see

Kosh

To do this you'd have to go into message settings each time and change your "Start new conversations from:" to this email right? Any other way around that? I guess that would only be when starting a new convo as you could just leave the convo up and not delete it.

I guess I can guinea pig it with Superrobot.

koshonegaf[spoiler]@gmail.com[/spoiler]

Kosh

Yeah, works nicely. Will be great for those games with no chat or if your notifications screw up. Feel free to add me if you're up for it.

mercviper

vexPK.jpg
me vs jessecuster. I'll send you an invite mike.

Only tweak it to establish the thread. When you switch back to your usual caller id it's ok. Only new threads use your caller I'd.

Hmm, I dunno! I'm new to figuring out all this iOS stuff, I'd pretty much just been using my iPod touch and iPad as 'gameboys' for the last 2 years.

I guess I should try to set it up. I just forgot it wouldn't be quite as easy as I had thought it would be.

Also, wtf his come you could build the lawyer in our game? I tried a turn or two ago and the game just wouldn't let me build it! That pisses me off! :p

Hmm, I dunno! I'm new to figuring out all this iOS stuff, I'd pretty much just been using my iPod touch and iPad as 'gameboys' for the last 2 years.

I guess I should try to set it up. I just forgot it wouldn't be quite as easy as I had thought it would be.

Also, wtf his come you could build the lawyer in our game? I tried a turn or two ago and the game just wouldn't let me build it! That pisses me off! :p

I sometimes get to "build something" then realise I won't get the resources I'd planned on until later on.

bonesquad

Dammit. My notifications are still wack. I got one for Summoner Wars and when I opened the game I noticed all 4 of my active games were waiting on me. Ugh, took a forfeit in one because of that. Though I played these games all wrong. The last two turns I was gambling on good rolls, that never came:( Well, except in the one game where I got to watch my opponent spent 7 magic on a champion only for me to spend 1 on a reaper that then walked over to that champ and calmly took it over:)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dammit. My notifications are still wack. I got one for Summoner Wars and when I opened the game I noticed all 4 of my active games were waiting on me. Ugh, took a forfeit in one because of that. Though I played these games all wrong. The last two turns I was gambling on good rolls, that never came:( Well, except in the one game where I got to watch my opponent spent 7 magic on a champion only for me to spend 1 on a reaper that then walked over to that champ and calmly took it over:)

You gave me a bit of a heart attack there, I thought that was me for a second -phuh-.

AirBrian

The more I play Le Havre, the more I love it. The variety of strategies you can use and the dynamic nature of having to balance reacting to your opponent and executing your own plans is extremely gratifying.

eznark

Banned
The more I play Le Havre, the more I love it. The variety of strategies you can use and the dynamic nature of having to balance reacting to your opponent and executing your own plans is extremely gratifying.
Ya it is really a ton of fun. I still am kind of clueless but I'm piecing it together

Did anyone pick up the Steel Police for Hex?

Also I'm in the hospital for the next 24 hours or so, so if anyone wants quick games of anything, hit me up!

It's really grown on me. I was ready to build the Bank in the last game, went for food to avoid the loan and watched it move from the stack to the "town". Noooooooooooo. Just scraped through with a luxury liner.
We should get a 3 or 4p game going on Caylus too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ya it is really a ton of fun. I still am kind of clueless but I'm piecing it together

Did anyone pick up the Steel Police for Hex?

Also I'm in the hospital for the next 24 hours or so, so if anyone wants quick games of anything, hit me up!

Haven't played Neuroshima in a while but I will definitely pick up Steel Police and try it out. I should probably do some more async games as well. The async implementation is so wonky but that game itself is really a perfect async game.

Haven't played Neuroshima in a while but I will definitely pick up Steel Police and try it out. I should probably do some more async games as well. The async implementation is so wonky but that game itself is really a perfect async game.

The problem with this release is they only put out one new team, so the person who invites gets the new one 100% of the time if they want it! Haha

How good is Caylus? It's on sale right now for $2.99.

I really like it, it's online implantation isn't the best, but like Neuroshima Hex it does at least work. Caylus is a long game though, it took me and superrobot quite a while to finish out last game, this one seems to be going a little quicker though! I think it's at least worth the 3 bucks.

Dominant Species
$4.99, iPad only.
AI and pass n play ... no online now, maybe in the future.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dominant-species-for-ipad/id567362320?mt=8

I think I'm finally going to pass on a new boardgame, I always just buy the new ones! Haha. The ones without online though, I just never end up playing, so unless its a dollar or has online play, I think I need to stop buying everything that shows up!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah Dominant Species does not look super appetizing. If it has a great tutorial I'd try it just to learn the game though.

octobot

Yeah Dominant Species does not look super appetizing. If it has a great tutorial I'd try it just to learn the game though.

Just finished my first game. It's a competent port, if somewhat bare bones( it's one of my favorite board games so I still think its great, even without the polish of carcassone or ascension). Not sure how the demo is (I already knew how to play) but can check it out if anyone is interested. Just nice to be able to finish a game in a half hour or so instead of several hours.

Top Bottom