• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah my NH game keeps giving me notifications until play actually play the game. Up to 5 I think. Of course, lets not disregard Ray's theory that Vancouver sucks.

Hey, during lockout we're all friends... At least that's what I thought!

Hey, during lockout we're all friends... At least that's what I thought!

Nope!! Ive got no hockey to watch, they arent going to build my new Oiler rink, the owner of the Oil is being a bitch, the NHL and NHLPA are stupid and greedy.

I hate everyone right now. EVERYONE!!!! RAWRRRRRR

...also, our game is still stuck on your turn, go fixy before it goes buh bye!

Smiley90

Nope!! Ive got no hockey to watch, they arent going to build my new Oiler rink, the owner of the Oil is being a bitch, the NHL and NHLPA are stupid and greedy.

I hate everyone right now. EVERYONE!!!! RAWRRRRRR

...also, our game is still stuck on your turn, go fixy before it goes buh bye!

.., it says rayspencer is offline when I go in, YOU finish your turn...

Smiley90

Hereafter vs tm24
Smiley90 vs bonesquad?
eznark vs mercipver
Astro vs blackflag

Those are the results i have. Hereafter plays the second and astro plays the third winner

SCREW YOU WHY DOES HEREAFTER HAVE TO PLAY THE SECOND WINNER NOW I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANYMORE. :p

Smiley90

That's usually all it is, just leaving to early before your turn is fully over, or leaving with the home button rather than the pause and quit or something.

I always wait with leaving until the "rayspencer is offline" thing pops up though, that can't be it :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So finally got to play the Alien Frontiers iPad app. It's actually pretty solid provided you know the rules. If you don't know the rules there's no tutorial so you'd be better off just reading the rules first and seeing if you like the game since you'll have to read them anyway.

That said:
-AI not strong enough. I can beat Admiral every time though admittedly you do actually have to think so it's not a total pushover.
-Game would be amazing async. No huge surprise here but wow if a game was ever dying for async.

Funny enough as I was typing this I saw my name scroll by on the credits as one of the KS supporters heh.

sladeums

Some kinda update out for Carcassonne:

• optimized for the screen of iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5G
• improved result sharing on iOS 6
• many small fixes and adjustments

Heel

Hey friends, what's everyone playing these days?

I seem to have fallen into a pattern of banging out turns in Ascension. Time for a change of pace for sure.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey friends, what's everyone playing these days?

I seem to have fallen into a pattern of banging out turns in Ascension. Time for a change of pace for sure.

Been a nice uptick in Le Havre and even Neuroshima games. Waiting for some big hitters though as most of the recent major releases have been offline only (Can't Stop, Alien Frontiers, Dominant Species). That's in terms of new games. I always have at least a couple Carc, Ascension, Nightfall, and Summoner Wars games going.

bonesquad

Hmm, nice. Maybe I should play some Carc now that it's iPhone 5. I'm too annoyed to play Summoner Wars still:) I had a game won easily, accidentally moved a guy because I spaced out trying to show the game to someone, thought eh what are the chances that will kill me next turn before I can move back and block that path? Turned out pretty damn good:( Well played CzarTim.

CzarTim

Hmm, nice. Maybe I should play some Carc now that it's iPhone 5. I'm too annoyed to play Summoner Wars still:) I had a game won easily, accidentally moved a guy because I spaced out trying to show the game to someone, thought eh what are the chances that will kill me next turn before I can move back and block that path? Turned out pretty damn good:( Well played CzarTim.

SW either causes me to mumble "fuck yeah!" or "shit, no!". I never have a non-emotional reaction :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Eh it's all good. Wouldn't be a GAF tournament if it didn't last at least a year. See our ongoing Carc tournament.

Kosh

I've started messing around with the Jungle Elves in SW. I really like them and have almost got my w/l back to .500. Now I probably jinxed myself.

Ray, it's not looking good.
My Summoner is hammering on the door of the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Heh, well the good news for you is that your probably gonna beat me in Caylus again, and that's a much longer and therefor much more important win. Haha.

And smiley, fix NH again please. Thank you.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't actually play SW anymore unless someone challenges me.

I'm semi retired from the game! NH all the way!

I just saw I'm 3-4 against you! There's a chance!

NH is awesome though. If only they improved the async functionality just a little.

bonesquad

Screw all those games. I can't win a damn thing anymore and I'm a poor loser:)

I did see on Pocket Tactics that the Formula Feud clone Racer Feud was now out, and then actually read the story to be left disappointed. No AI, no Game Center, unlock tracks by linking Facebook/Twitter... Not a good start. Never played FF, but the concept sounded cool:( At least it's free to try I guess, but I've only gotten as far as the main menu.

AirBrian

I did see on Pocket Tactics that the Formula Feud clone Racer Feud was now out, and then actually read the story to be left disappointed. No AI, no Game Center, unlock tracks by linking Facebook/Twitter... Not a good start. Never played FF, but the concept sounded cool:( At least it's free to try I guess, but I've only gotten as far as the main menu.

I picked it up too. Username is AirBrian.

This means firing up the app, signing up for a Racer Feud account, then finding your friends by their Racer Feud username or Facebook account. On tightly-knit gaming forums like ours or NeoGAF’s, that won’t present too much of an issue, but for general adoption by the gaming public I fear that’s one labour too many.
Heh.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Yeah the whole project seemed really amateurish to me from the start, even apart from all the alleged IP infringement and "copying" issues. Well if people here say it's great I'll pick it up, but that seems pretty unlikely.

Smiley90

I like to pretend that I'm upset, bu I really don't care. Downloading now, will use my GAF name Smiley90 to make an account, add me!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Speaking of free, epically huge strategy game Battle Academy now has a lite version. I'll be honest I bought it when it came out but haven't found the time to even start learning it. Big complex games are intimidating in that way.

Smiley90

Speaking of free, epically huge strategy game Battle Academy now has a lite version. I'll be honest I bought it when it came out but haven't found the time to even start learning it. Big complex games are intimidating in that way.

You bought a 20.- game and never play it? What is this, steam?

Smiley90

Sent you a friend request and game invite AirBrian, let's hope notifications work...

sladeums

Kind of interesting along with that Lite version, the paid app has been updated to add an invite option that allows you to initiate a multiplayer match with someone who does not own the game.

Sounds like like you can essentially 'push' the Lite version to someone who does not own the full game.

Not sure how it works as I have neither version, but read the news item on their site and though it was notable.
http://www.slitherine.com/news/item518

Smiley90

I LOVE the undo feature in racing feud. You can undo pretty much everything but the dice roll, even the use of powerups, great. Notifications (even chat messages Ray) get displayed on lockscreen.

Also bonesquad, send me the invite for our SW tourney rematch! I'm forced to stick to TO.

Top Bottom