• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AirBrian

Ya it is really a ton of fun. I still am kind of clueless but I'm piecing it together

Did anyone pick up the Steel Police for Hex?

Also I'm in the hospital for the next 24 hours or so, so if anyone wants quick games of anything, hit me up!
Yeah, I've started having more and more light bulb moments, which is making it a lot more enjoyable. One thing that always catches me still, is the clay versus brick requirements. I'll be ready to build but then see it needed bricks vs. clay (or vice versa)! It's one downside to playing this game on a phone, I suppose. Bring on the iPad mini!

It's really grown on me. I was ready to build the Bank in the last game, went for food to avoid the loan and watched it move from the stack to the "town". Noooooooooooo. Just scraped through with a luxury liner.
We should get a 3 or 4p game going on Caylus too.
Yeah, that game pissed me off. :lol I miscounted my energy and actually did have enough to convert one more steel for the luxury liner as well as satisfy the energy requirements. :-(

I think the wind mill looks interesting -- that was the first time I've seen that card drawn in one of our games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Summoner Wars Tourney Update
AstroLad 2-0 Blackflag

ggs blackflag! looks like you had a rough draw in that second game.

not sure who i play next so let me know opponent/tourney runners

blackflag

Summoner Wars Tourney Update
AstroLad 2-0 Blackflag

ggs blackflag! looks like you had a rough draw in that second game.

not sure who i play next so let me know opponent/tourney runners

Yeah good games man. Those bad rolls screwed me at the beginning then I started drawing bad lol.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Winning in the SW tourney is hardly a win anyway -- the only prize is you get to get your ass kicked by Hereafter

*sarcastic finger twirl and whistle*

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Winning in the SW tourney is hardly a win anyway -- the only prize is you get to get your ass kicked by Hereafter

*sarcastic finger twirl and whistle*

Someone should change the "KING" in your tag to either EX-KING or to QUEEN.

mercviper

c4FKc.jpg

Grats mike, beat me again *shakefist*

Smiley90

Lost Cities tip: Before the start of every Lost Cities game I play on my iPad, I remind myself that the developers only released the game as an iPhone app for absolutely no valid reason and it really fires me up.

LOL. I play on my iPhone. BRING IT ON.

LOL. I play on my iPhone. BRING IT ON.
I sometimes do that too, but I'm on an iPhone 3GS running the iOS version that came before 6. In other words, it's slow and slow and buggy as hell.

Lost Cities is one of the strangest apps to play on it, since the game is chuggy as hell for the first game you play against the AI (even after the game signs you into GameCenter), but for whatever reason, once that first full game is played, the app suddenly runs smooth as silk. Very weird.

But yeah, I can't wait to get an iPhone 5 or 4S.

Smiley90

I sometimes do that too, but I'm on an iPhone 3GS running the iOS version that came before 6. In other words, it's slow and slow and buggy as hell.

Lost Cities is one of the strangest apps to play on it, since the game is chuggy as hell for the first game you play against the AI (even after the game signs you into GameCenter), but for whatever reason, once that first full game is played, the app suddenly runs smooth as silk. Very weird.

But yeah, I can't wait to get an iPhone 5 or 4S.

4S here. Sent you a GC invite (didn't see you in-app, so I assumed I hadn't added you yet...), accept and send me the LC invite whenever you feel like it.

Smiley90

gg! fast and smooth. Had great green cards to begin with, but then never drew any, that sucked. Also got no multipliers at all, oh well. mike wins 40-8 I believe. Now the long, LONG wait in the loser bracket begins...

Yeah, you got crippled by putting the multiplier in that green slot (I think I drew the green 4, 5, 7 almost immediately after I put down the 6, 8, 9... it was a bitch to not let any of those go).

Also didn't hurt that I got every 10......

Smiley90

Yeah, you got crippled by putting the multiplier in that green slot (I think I drew the green 4, 5, 7 almost immediately after I put down the 6, 8, 9... it was a bitch to not let any of those go).

Also didn't hurt that I got every 10......

I started with a green multiplier, a green 2, 7 and 10 and was like "sweeeeeet". Then drew NO OTHER GREEN CARD throughout the whole game. Sucked.

Stupid Forced Summon - got two wounds, went to discard to make it cheaper, pressed done.
Aaaarrggghh.
It skipped getting me to place my champion.

mercviper

Lost Cities tip: Before the start of every Lost Cities game I play on my iPad, I remind myself that the developers only released the game as an iPhone app for absolutely no valid reason and it really fires me up.

So you're telling me you have hulk powers when it comes to this game.

AirBrian

Can someone explain just what exactly the Inn does in Caylus? You put a worker there and then it shifts to the right side but still costs 1 franc?

OK, thanks. I hadn't realized that the cost to place a worker goes up beyond 1 franc.

More or less. You can place on one of your own buildings for one Denier.
"Place a worker on a unoccupied building or at the Castle by paying the cost: 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 Deniers – depends on how many players have passed (1 Denier if none).
Example:
1 player has passed - placing a worker costs 2 Deniers.
2 players have passed - placing a worker costs 3 Deniers.
3 players have passed - placing a worker costs 4 Deniers.

Exception:
1 Denier for placing a worker on one of their own buildings or if they occupy the Inn.

Placing a worker on another’s player building: this player immediately earns 1 Prestige Point.

Pass, the first player who passes gets 1 Denier immediately."
2p is slightly different, the cost is 3 after your opponent passes.

mercviper

Gg eznark beat me in a 2-1 series. Really good draw that last game. If you didn't have the second drain I could've assassinated the defender and gotten away, raiding two cards in the process

eznark

Banned
Gg eznark beat me in a 2-1 series. Really good draw that last game. If you didn't have the second drain I could've assassinated the defender and gotten away, raiding two cards in the process

Ya, that was set up for your move, worked out for me since I had two drains and the reinforcement, I was able to get like 9 points worth out for 5.

soldat7

Yeah, and they're slow as molasses getting anything out the door. Games development must not be what butters their bread.

I think if you use the right URL you can use the open beta version
http://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html
You should be able to play the bots and try the adventure mode.
Too much pain for the iphone though.

This looks and plays like garbage on the iPad 3.

I bought Lost Cities finally, and I have no idea what a good strategy is, so im just getting destroyed by this tutorial lady, haha. Only played twice, but it was bad both times! I will play more and figure it out, seems simple but pretty cool.

Also, I have no idea how some of you people suffer through playing some of these games on an iPhone! Ive just recently made the switch over to an iPhone and stuff like SW is fucking horrible, haha. Nightfall would be bad too if I didnt know what all the cards did. NH is decent, but some of it doesnt really work super well. Le Havre is insane, thats a complicated to look at game on iPad, but on iPhone its ridiculous!!!!

It sucks though....cause I still end up taking a lot of turns on my phone now, since thats whats in my pocket.

Can someone explain just what exactly the Inn does in Caylus? You put a worker there and then it shifts to the right side but still costs 1 franc?
Have you created an online Caylus profile? I can only see Ray and Slacker as possible game centre invitees when I create a game.

How is it that, even now, still, the only games in neuroshima hex that get messed up are my games with smiley, haha.

"smiley90 is offline"

Smiley90

How is it that, even now, still, the only games in neuroshima hex that get messed up are my games with smiley, haha.

"smiley90 is offline"

... I got like 5 notifications for the same game too, without ever clicking on the game inbetween lol. Just weird. Maybe it doesn't like Canada? :p

TTR has a weird bug where it seems to give Mrs Robot (and it always seems to be her) an extra turn sometimes just after she'd finished a genuine turn. It lets you place routes but reverts the move later. Not sure what happens if she'd chosen cards.

... I got like 5 notifications for the same game too, without ever clicking on the game inbetween lol. Just weird. Maybe it doesn't like Canada? :p

I've neer had issues with my buddies in Edmonton, or in games vs hereafter who's in Calgary. Maybe it's just Vancouver that sucks as usual!! :p

Or it's just you!

Smiley90

I've neer had issues with my buddies in Edmonton, or in games vs hereafter who's in Calgary. Maybe it's just Vancouver that sucks as usual!! :p

Or it's just you!

IT'S YOU. You're just too afraid to lose so you keep trying to bug out the game.

Hereafter

Yeah my NH game keeps giving me notifications until play actually play the game. Up to 5 I think. Of course, lets not disregard Ray's theory that Vancouver sucks.

Top Bottom