• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Thanks to racer fued I'm now a proud owner of Formula D (I thought it was De?)! Played a quick Monaco race with my 2 friends who I've been to Monaco with, and they are also F1 fans. It was a lot of fun, I don't think we followed the rules exactly, since we all had waaaaay to many WPs at the end. Next time we will play it in advanced mode too.

Good times. Now back to board games where I don't have to worry about the rules, set up, score keeping and they don't cost me 60 bucks each. :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks to racer fued I'm now a proud owner of Formula D (I thought it was De?)! Played a quick Monaco race with my 2 friends who I've been to Monaco with, and they are also F1 fans. It was a lot of fun, I don't think we followed the rules exactly, since we all had waaaaay to many WPs at the end. Next time we will play it in advanced mode too.

Good times. Now back to board games where I don't have to worry about the rules, set up, score keeping and they don't cost me 60 bucks each. :p

Wow that was fast! :D It's Formula D. Mhmmm my local retailer has it and 3 expansions... 48.- for the base and 24.- each for the expansion... MHMMMM I'll add it to my wishlist I suppose. :D

Wow that was fast! :D It's Formula D. Mhmmm my local retailer has it and 3 expansions... 48.- for the base and 24.- each for the expansion... MHMMMM I'll add it to my wishlist I suppose. :D

Well it's actually been something I've wanted since I first saw it a couple years ago since I'm an F1 fan. Then when Jeff Cannata was talking about it a little more recently I thought about getting it again, but now after playing racer fued and my friends wanting to do a board game night anyway, everything just worked out right.

I nearly bought summoner wars master set while I was there too. Haha. Fucking game shops are dangerous as shit.

pilonv1

Really disappointed to see Racer Feud has it's own accounts. Looking forward to playing it.

GAF Name | Racer feud name

gatekeeper | Z3R05UM
AirBrian | AirBrian
bonesquad | justjeff
CzarTim | CzarTim
Smiley90 | Smiley90
superrobot | superrobot
eznark | eznark
Heel | Slade

pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf

tm24

Thanks to racer fued I'm now a proud owner of Formula D (I thought it was De?)!
Me too! Though it's stuck in waiting due to my preorder of Ascension: Immortal Heroes

I nearly bought summoner wars master set while I was there too. Haha. Fucking game shops are dangerous as shit.

Man, i went back to my hometown this weekend and theres a game shop about 5 minutes from campus where i plan on getting my masters next year. I walked in and was glad i left my wallet at my aunt's.

Smiley90

The Master set is pretty fun, I miss the iOS factions though :p I REALLY need a boardgame group locally -sigh-

Formula D is that bastard child of what was Formula De. Formula De was printed by euro games Descartes and had many multiple dual sided expansions that were recreations of F1 tracks. It's what you own if you're hardcore. /hipster

Smiley90

Formula D is that bastard child of what was Formula De. Formula De was printed by euro games Descartes and had many multiple dual sided expansions that were recreations of F1 tracks. It's what you own if you're hardcore. /hipster

Well, you still suck at the game!

No worries. You were racing ahead on castle building. Would have been closer if someone hadn't kept sticking that provost in my face.
That was mean :(

No worries. You were racing ahead on castle building. Would have been closer if someone hadn't kept sticking that provost in my face.
That was mean :(

I still have no idea how you got so far ahead in the points early on, I had build nearly all of the buildings AND I was keeping up with the castle. Then we switched and I was focusing on the castle an you were building stuff but you were still way ahead. Haha.

I didn't think you could win while barely building the castle, but you pretty much did it. Pretty crazy stuff.

DukeSucks

Just downloaded racer feud

gatekeeper | Z3R05UM
AirBrian | AirBrian
bonesquad | justjeff
CzarTim | CzarTim
Smiley90 | Smiley90
superrobot | superrobot
eznark | eznark
Heel | Slade
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Davidion | dave-edi-on
DukeSucks | LOLduke

Time to add this?

Gaf | RacerFeud Name | Hoc. | Seb. | Sep. | Val

gatekeeper | Z3R05UM | X | X | X | X
AirBrian | AirBrian
bonesquad | justjeff
CzarTim | CzarTim
Smiley90 | Smiley90
superrobot | superrobot
eznark | eznark
Heel | Slade
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Davidion | dave-edi-on
DukeSucks | LOLduke

Smiley90

Time to add this?

Gaf | RacerFeud Name | Hoc. | Seb. | Sep. | Val

gatekeeper | Z3R05UM | X | X | X | X
AirBrian | AirBrian
bonesquad | justjeff
CzarTim | CzarTim
Smiley90 | Smiley90
superrobot | superrobot
eznark | eznark
Heel | Slade
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Davidion | dave-edi-on
DukeSucks | LOLduke

Since all the tracks are free atm, I don't feel like it's necessary right now.. We'll see once the tracks cost. atm everyone has all the tracks anyway. :p

Since all the tracks are free atm, I don't feel like it's necessary right now.. We'll see once the tracks cost. atm everyone has all the tracks anyway. :p

I just have too many people from like 3 different forums in my list and not everyone in my list has all the tracks. I think I might be the only sucker who paid for all of them.

Smiley90

huh? They're all 99 cents each in my game.

Yeah.. but if you click on them, it downloads them and you can use them without ever actually getting the purchase prompt. It's bugged out atm. Click on the .99/purchase and see what happens :p (worst case they fixed it and a PW prompt comes up that you can decline).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What decade is this again?

The long-in-development iPad edition of boardgame thief-a-palooza Cadwallon has been given a release date from publisher Cyanide: next Thursday, November 8. But if you’re planning on staying up Wednesday night to download it when it launches, you might want to try and convince someone to burn the midnight oil with you. Cyanide have confirmed that the game will ship with neither online multiplayer nor AI for single-player.

smfh

tm24

Yeah.. but if you click on them, it downloads them and you can use them without ever actually getting the purchase prompt. It's bugged out atm. Click on the .99/purchase and see what happens :p (worst case they fixed it and a PW prompt comes up that you can decline).

The buy prompt pops up for me either way

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I actually think iOS BG development is getting worse. Maybe to cut costs I'm not sure. Lost Cities, awesome and worth it as it is, is not nearly as good feature-wise as Carcassonne. And Can't Stop is just kind of a mess (imo). And those are games from two of the best developers out there. :/

Smiley90

Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I actually think iOS BG development is getting worse. Maybe to cut costs I'm not sure. Lost Cities, awesome and worth it as it is, is not nearly as good feature-wise as Carcassonne. And Can't Stop is just kind of a mess (imo). And those are games from two of the best developers out there. :/

Wait for Agricola by playdek. Lost Cities was an inherently worse game than Carc, same for Can't Stop. Hard to compare. Agricola by Playdek will tell us the state of iOS boardgames.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I'm not talking about substantive gameplay, I'm talking about:
Lost Cities
-No more in-game chat, just a worthless & weird tweeting system.
-Issues with notifications that didn't exist in Carc.

Can't Stop
-Game couldn't even add right at launch haha.
-Really bad and laggy UI.
-No async (yeah yeah I know Can't Stop isn't really a great async game but still).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Can someone start some Racer Feud games on the new tracks? I have all of them. Think 5-6 people who take multiple daily turns is the sweet spot for that game.

Smiley90

Can someone start some Racer Feud games on the new tracks? I have all of them. Think 5-6 people who take multiple daily turns is the sweet spot for that game.

I take lots of turns each day on all tracks, as seen as by my Nr1 worldwide rank :lolol

Speaking of the superior Carc, are you guys done with the semifinal yet for the tourney?

Kosh

I have them all and would be down for this.

Edit: I started a 5 player on Valencia.

Edit2: And Hockenheim with Czartim.

Smiley90

I have them all and would be down for this.

Edit: I started a 5 player on Valencia.

Edit2: And Hockenheim with Czartim.

You didn't even add yourself to the list!

I think the biggest problem with large games atm is that people seem to be randomly getting kicked from them upon creation. E.g. Start a game with 8 ppl, everyone accepts, but then the actual game only starts with 6 and 2 randomly kicked.

CzarTim

You didn't even add yourself to the list!

I think the biggest problem with large games atm is that people seem to be randomly getting kicked from them upon creation. E.g. Start a game with 8 ppl, everyone accepts, but then the actual game only starts with 6 and 2 randomly kicked.
I got a ten person game going.

Smiley90

I got a ten person game going.

Really? Cool, that means it's hopefully fixed and was just a release-hickup.

Started 4 7p-games with those who said something. Advanced 3lap-races on Hockenheim/Valencia, and basic 2lap-races on the other 2.

Don't forget to setup your car! ;)

Top Bottom