• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
add me too Smiley!

too late :/ Had already sent out the invites :( You can just send out new invites! :D with 1lap races if you want? I added:

AirBrian
Kosh
lolduke
AstroLad
Smiley90
CzarTim
Z3R05UM

but all multiple-lap races... if you want I can send out some 1lap-races and add you, or you can send them out yourself?

Also, it's kinda funny how we're looking for people who can do multiple turns a day... but in different time zones. That's just not gonna end the way we want :lol

too late :/ Had already sent out the invites :( You can just send out new invites! :D with 1lap races if you want? I added:

AirBrian
Kosh
lolduke
AstroLad
Smiley90
CzarTim
Z3R05UM

but all multiple-lap races... if you want I can send out some 1lap-races and add you, or you can send them out yourself?

Also, it's kinda funny how we're looking for people who can do multiple turns a day... but in different time zones. That's just not gonna end the way we want :lol

Bah! I didnt say anything because I figured it was a given! I will make some later :p

Start another game then Ray! I don't really care since turns in that game take like two seconds.

Yeah, I just made one.

Just mad at Smiley for being an arse and not inviting me!....or maybe im just mad at Smiley since he just beat me.

Is updates in the app store kinda messed up for everyone else? Nightfall said it had an update, but it just says 'open' on the store....

Smiley90

Yeah, I just made one.

Just mad at Smiley for being an arse and not inviting me!....or maybe im just mad at Smiley since he just beat me.

Is updates in the app store kinda messed up for everyone else? Nightfall said it had an update, but it just says 'open' on the store....

So you're constantly mad at me? :( Not cool :(

Heel

No prob!

Anyone else playing Racer Feud at the moment? Looking to get some real time games going.

Racer Feud name is Slade, send me invites!

Heel

I'll be on for like... at least another hour.

Dale is comin' brah.

20861_114400569753.jpg

Smiley90

"Smiley90 finished 0th."

That's not 1st, friend. Dale always wins.

YOU RIGGED THE GAME.

Backstory for everyone: I DOMINATED my game against Heel, was like 4 curves ahead, finished... then the game pretended I was at the STARTING line. And he was suddenly in first. And no, it's only a 1lap race. WTF.

Smiley90

lol so weird. Maybe it can be replicated? I turned on advanced mode but only for slipstreaming. 1 lap.

No idea. I didn't even finish in a special spot or anything. I had rolled much more than needed, I stopped at the finish line, but I didn't win. lol

You ain't got nothing on a REAL racer:

hof_profile_right_40.jpg

Ewww a hakkinen fan! Gross gross!

Actually I was a dumb stupid kid (I'm still dumb and stupid, just not a kid) when hakkinen raced. I used to hate him and coulthard. But now I like coulthard, so I might like hakkinen.

My new favourite driver:

He's a hot head and kind of a douche, but I love his driving style.

Anyway!!!!

Is nightfall working for anyone else? I can't seem to connect to the server.

pilonv1

NFI what happened, I got billed for Racer Feud but it's still asking for my Apple ID password in game and showing me ads but I can use it again.

So races are back on thankfully. I'm a bit confused by which gear I should be in, should I be thinking of them in traditional car sense?

Slacker

I can't seem to make my move in Racer Fued - it pops up a message saying someone added me as a friend, then it won't let me clear it. >__<

DukeSucks

I had that too. I had to delete the app and redownload it. Dropped me from a few games and I had to re-"buy" the tracks, but everything else was ok.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Game is so buggy but still fun as hell. Imagine if someone like Playdek got their hands on this. Oh wait, then it wouldn't have chat or be able to add dice correctly. :p

Are the rules properly explained anywhere? They're just kind of all over the place. Where is body damage explained? Advanced mode seems solid and fun but I only know about how 50% of it works.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I've been having a lot of fun with Elder Sign recently, just beating all the missions (base + expansions). Game could hugely benefit from achievements though.

What's really interesting to me is how they basically seem to have ditched the tabletop game for the iOS app, which has two expansions that don't even exist IRL. I enjoy the app so much, I really wanted to get the tabletop but then I remembered it only has the crappy base mission.

Smiley90

Game is so buggy but still fun as hell. Imagine if someone like Playdek got their hands on this. Oh wait, then it wouldn't have chat or be able to add dice correctly. :p

Are the rules properly explained anywhere? They're just kind of all over the place. Where is body damage explained? Advanced mode seems solid and fun but I only know about how 50% of it works.

When you're in a game, in the top right click "how to play", it explains things a bit more... Not completely, but more :p

Heel

I can't seem to make my move in Racer Fued - it pops up a message saying someone added me as a friend, then it won't let me clear it. >__<

Did you try force closing the app in your tray and then restarting it? I was able to accept frozen requests this way.

Heel

Crashing on my first turn. Has to be a record.

Hahaha what an awful bug. We need to make a list for the developer.

The other day I finished one slot out of the turn and burnt a tire. When I came back to take a turn it said I had crashed and lost.

DukeSucks

Slacker, did you get it sorted out? If so, there is a game invite waiting for you. It doesn't look like you can start until everyone joins.

You too Carlos :)

AirBrian

Slacker

Slacker, did you get it sorted out? If so, there is a game invite waiting for you. It doesn't look like you can start until everyone joins.

You too Carlos :)

I'll try it again, but it looks like I'm stuck until they update. I think the problem is adding too many friends at once, when I open the app, I can clear the first couple messages, but as soon as the help bubble disappears behind the friend pop-ups, I can't tap anything else. :( Reinstalled the app on iPad and iPhone, same deal on both. :p

Top Bottom