• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AirBrian

Sent you a friend request and game invite AirBrian, let's hope notifications work...

Notifications seem to work well! Smiley, I accepted your friend request but I think you need to accept my friend request. They must've been sent around the same time because you're still in my "requested" section.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Notifications seem to work well! Smiley, I accepted your friend request but I think you need to accept my friend request. They must've been sent around the same time because you're still in my "requested" section.

Weird, I don't have yours... Resend? Yours doesn't show up as accepted either, and I never got yours... And all the other ones worked normally...

I'm getting weird bugs where the notification popup in game shows up and I can't click ok. So I'm stuck with this thing in my way an I can't do anything. Haha.

Smiley90

I'm getting weird bugs where the notification popup in game shows up and I can't click ok. So I'm stuck with this thing in my way an I can't do anything. Haha.

Close the app? This game has great potential with more tracks and up to 9 players. Gatekeeper said he'd do a league, right? :p
Still trying to figure out how exactly all the powerups work...

Close the app? This game has great potential with more tracks and up to 9 players. Gatekeeper said he'd do a league, right? :p
Still trying to figure out how exactly all the powerups work...

Yeah, it fixes it. But I've had to do that 3 times now. Haha.

Also that 4 player race disappeared for me, where did it go?

Smiley90

Yeah, it fixes it. But I've had to do that 3 times now. Haha.

Also that 4 player race disappeared for me, where did it go?

I saw it, accepted my invite, then it said it was my turn with only 3 people... No idea what happened lol

AirBrian

Yeah, that 4-player race is only 3 players. Looks like Ray got booted/glitched/rejected (accidentally).

It looks like there's some minor bugs to work out, but this game has great potential. One major thing it has going for it is the async, overall, seems to work well.

I saw it, accepted my invite, then it said it was my turn with only 3 people... No idea what happened lol

Weird weird.

This game is kinda buggy and very barebones, but it mostly works and the gameplay is cool. I'm pretty sure I need to go buy formula de an play it all weekend now.

I wanna play too guys!

Z3R05UM

I have all the tracks.

In fact, lets start one of those little things where we put our gaf name and racer feud name until they do better with Gamecenter and what not

GAF Name | Racer feud name

gatekeeper | Z3R05UM

AirBrian

Smiley, manually refresh your games from the main game lobby. That should (hopefully) fix the stuck friend request issue. According to the email I received from the devs anyway.

Smiley90

Smiley, manually refresh your games from the main game lobby. That should (hopefully) fix the stuck friend request issue. According to the email I received from the devs anyway.

When i go on "friends" you still show up under requested...

AirBrian

Looks like they're responsive! Also ask about 4p games where it always kicks one before the game starts, that happened twice now... Please? :p

Yeah, they have been very responsive! OK, try this...
You could try to go into the Leaderboards since it does a complete refresh of your local data and then refreshing again...!

I also asked about the 4-player glitch. :)

Smiley90

Gatekeeper, any idea why we got two turns that round?

I'd like to imagine that in 3p games, it goes serpentine instead of alternating, to make up for bad starting position... Can anyone confirm?

Didn't work either AirBrian :( maybe us starting a game before confirming the friend request borked it?

Sent an invite to gatekeeper!

AirBrian

I'd like to imagine that in 3p games, it goes serpentine instead of alternating, to make up for bad starting position... Can anyone confirm?

Didn't work either AirBrian :( maybe us starting a game before confirming the friend request borked it?

Sent an invite to gatekeeper!
Yeah, I was thinking that might be the reason.

Smiley90

Game is a lot of fun, it's EXACTLY like the pen&paper racing I used to play. (Or well, close). Worst part is that it eats so much battery, but that might be due to data usage...

Game is a lot of fun, it's EXACTLY like the pen&paper racing I used to play. (Or well, close). Worst part is that it eats so much battery, but that might be due to data usage...

Yeah, it's really good. I don't know how I still haven't upgraded to premium. Haha. Damn adds!

Smiley90

I think it's because you got to slipstream me and jumped in the lead?

Slipstream is only active in 5th and 6th gear I think, pretty sure extra turns are just if you pass someone. Also, slipstream gives no extra turn, but 3 extra spaces!

bonesquad

I get some sleep and fall out of the top 50 of Racer Feud:) Ok then, time try this out. Requests sent... I have no clue what I'm doing. I rotated my device and it cut off a bunch of the tutorials from then on. Doh.

gatekeeper | Z3R05UM
AirBrian | AirBrian
bonesquad | justjeff

Smiley90

I get some sleep and fall out of the top 50 of Racer Feud:) Ok then, time try this out. Requests sent... I have no clue what I'm doing. I rotated my device and it cut off a bunch of the tutorials from then on. Doh.

gatekeeper | Z3R05UM
AirBrian | AirBrian
bonesquad | justjeff

You can get better instructions by going to "How to Play" in the top right when you're in a game. ;) Add me to that list! :D Smiley90|Smiley90

CzarTim

gatekeeper | Z3R05UM
AirBrian | AirBrian
bonesquad | justjeff
CzarTim | CzarTim
Smiley90 | Smiley90

Smiley90

Ahahahaha my first game ends in a Crash. Nice. Was leading against Ray, then he passed me and got SO far away with a double turn, had nice rolls. Then my roll BRUTALLY overshoots and I crash and burn. fun :D

bonesquad

Ah yes, How to Play. Double doh.

Odd that I just got friend 'requests' from some people I sent one too, and then when I try to accept the game freezes. If I quit, kill the app in the task bar, and restart all seems fine at least.

Smiley90

Also, Ray, I just got your race request when I was in the middle of a game and I had no problem with just clicking okay... Not sure what went wrong on your end when you had that problem :p

Ahahahaha my first game ends in a Crash. Nice. Was leading against Ray, then he passed me and got SO far away with a double turn, had nice rolls. Then my roll BRUTALLY overshoots and I crash and burn. fun :D

Pfft no luck all skill! Mr Ray Hamilton is number one! Zooooooomm.

Also, Ray, I just got your race request when I was in the middle of a game and I had no problem with just clicking okay... Not sure what went wrong on your end when you had that problem :p

I haven't had issues since then, I think it was just all the new friend acceptings and race starts all at once, plus I was adding people I already added because they weren't showing up. No issues anymore though.

Smiley90

Jesus, multiplayer games are so borked. I sent out invites for a 7p game, and 3 people got kicked? justjeff, Ray and superrobot all got kicked from the game. Sth's toootally borked with games that have more than 3 people in them...

AirBrian

OK, the game reorders each turn based on position. So if you pass someone you go first on the next turn, which explains why sometimes you'll go two times in a row in a 2-player game. The devs have a forum where you can ask questions and they were very quick to reply.

http://lindapp.se/racerfeud/forums/

Smiley90

OK, the game reorders each turn based on position. So if you pass someone you go first on the next turn, which explains why sometimes you'll go two times in a row in a 2-player game. The devs have a forum where you can ask questions and they were very quick to reply.

http://lindapp.se/racerfeud/forums/

Ah, makes sense. Now all that's left is borked multiplayer-setup and the game denying Airbrian and me a friendship. :p bought the ad-free version! Too bad it's not enough that only 1 persons owns the extra tracks, but all people need it :(

Top Bottom