• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

So are apple.com and att.com basically going to be the same? Just order from whichever loads faster?

No. In previous years I believe only apple.com orders were delivered on the 21st. Where as carriers shipped them. I could be wrong, but last year my friend got his through Verizon and it came the following monday after it shipped on launch day.

jcm

shit, i dont have her SSN. :(

edit: I'm in Canada..

edit2: can I pre order it for her? if they dont need any of your account info when pre ordering, can I just use my info to pre order her phone, then when its ready she can do the upgrade on her account?

I don't know about Canada. In the US, you need the account info to verify eligibility for the subsidized price. I guess if you are buying unsubsidized you can just order.

iammeiam

No. In previous years I believe only apple.com orders were delivered on the 21st. Where as carriers shipped them. I could be wrong, but last year my friend got his through Verizon and it came the following monday after it shipped on launch day.

iPhone 4 preorders from AT&T came a day early, same as the apple.com ones. Apple's generally way better about giving you up-to-date information about your order, but at least with the 4s there was no speed benefit to ordering from them.

Cudder

I don't know about Canada. In the US, you need the account info to verify eligibility for the subsidized price. I guess if you are buying unsubsidized you can just order.

AT&T's website started screwing up for me around 11:30. The 'We're so excited!' countdown page keeps trying to redirect me to att.com/, and att.com/ is just a 501 error.

I hope the interface between AT&T's system and apple.com holds up so I don't have to deal with AT&T's crap website.

They're almost certainly going to want account info--if you're planning to order a subsidized phone, somebody needs to agree to that contract extension so it needs to belong to a valid account.

Thanks guys. Thought I'd be able to get her one, would've been great to tell her in the morning she didn't need to worry about it because one is on it's way. :)

Mairu

Hmmm... I have the unlimited option but I no longer have the ability to select the $5/mo text plan... not sure what to do, maybe I should wait for Apple :|

knicks

So I am at school right now....We have a family plan, I am due for an upgrade and plan on pre-ordering it in 10 min. Will I be able to ship it to myself at school, or will it be mandatory to be delivered to my home home address?

malfcn

6fUG8.png

iammeiam

So I am at school right now....We have a family plan, I am due for an upgrade and plan on pre-ordering it in 10 min. Will I be able to ship it to myself at school, or will it be mandatory to be delivered to my home home address?

With AT&T, billing address for the phoneline.

With Apple's website, I believe you can do credit card billing address.

With anybody else, I dunno.

malfcn

Says due today, I thought not until shipped?

Credit/debit card information
Your credit/debit card will not be charged until time of shipment. However, funds in the amount of your purchase will be immediately held and not available for other use.

Ah. Preauth?

Reclaimer

Hmmm... I have the unlimited option but I no longer have the ability to select the $5/mo text plan... not sure what to do, maybe I should wait for Apple :|
Last time I spoke with an Apple Employee about it, they told me it was gone and I couldn't be grandfathered in... :( Hope they were wrong...

Also... for the last iPad, I got in about 5 min early, so start that F5 pounding now!

AT&T page not working for me, but meh. Was gonna order from Apple anyway.

Good thing I'm buying the phone off-contract. I'm not worried about losing my old plan.

Mairu

Man, I am super bummed about the text thing. Guess I'll just have to force everyone to text my GV number if they aren't using an iPhone on 5 or higher (iMessages!) now.

Cloudy

Banned
So, what's the final verdict on Applecare? I didn't buy it with my 4S but I don't want a defender case this time around lol Will they replace it for any reason during the 2 years?

Top Bottom