• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

This stuff always gets blown way out of proportion. I ain't even worried.
Yeah I looked at their review and though they made it sound like a big deal they didn't have a single photo showing what they were talking about. Plus it's a British site and those guys are always full of shit.

The cycle is the same every year, I'm amazed anyone is surprised at this point.

* Months of rumors and speculation.
* Phone is revealed, bloggers moan about how it's disappointing.
* Phone is reviewed, everyone confirms it's actually fantastic and the new phone to beat, again.
* Phone smashes all previous sales records.
* Cycle repeats.

Bgamer90

Banned

* Phone is reviewed, everyone confirms it's fantastic and the new phone to beat, again.
* Phone smashes all records.
* Cycle repeats.

Pretty much.

* Phone is reviewed, everyone confirms it's actually fantastic and the new phone to beat, again.
* Cycle repeats.
it's fascinating on a scientific level

Ncnvz.jpg

7UsaU.jpg

* Cycle repeats.

And Gary Whitta sits back with his millions of dollars and his harem of models as he unwraps his iPhone, letting out a small, yet significant, smile.

Maybe pocketlint just got a shitty phone. No one else mentioned it. I'm sure consumer reports is currently scraping at their iphone 5 as we speak though.

Talon

Yeah, I'll say that the first iPhone 4 I got came with a weird scuff on the side of about 2 inches. I got that shit exchanged as soon as I could.

If true, scratchgate is going to be fun. I expect to hear a lot about it from Apple's competitors and their fans :p

And of course, upset Apple fans.

Talon

This is a universal comment about ALL gadget reviews - especially phones and dSLRs.

It drives me insane when photos are taken of the device sitting on concrete or just wooden benches.

Bgamer90

Banned
Engadget's video review mentioned that Super Hexagon is a bit harder in control due to it being letterboxed. Didn't even think/realize that until now.

iammeiam

This is pocket lints first image, how they start their review, a dirty front on iphone 5, no wonder it got scratched/damaged

To be fair, there was no shortage of people running around saying you wouldn't ever need a case for this because Gorilla Glass 2 So Strong OMG, ignoring the fact that a substantial portion of the phone is no longer glass. Contrary to pre-release hype, it is very likely you will want something to come between the aluminum parts of the phone and friction to prevent wear over time (creating the amusing potential for the screen to be the least-in-need-of-a-case part.)

Anyone want to read the review from this Gruber guy?

The bigger display is a total win while using the iPhone 5 two-handed. But navigating the full screen while holding the iPhone in one hand is worse, for exactly the one reason why, even one year ago, I did not expect Apple ever to increase the size of the iPhone display: my thumb no longer easily reaches from corner to corner. (My hands are at least somewhat larger than average. Perhaps, counter-intuitively, this issue will not be noticed by the smaller-handed, whose thumbs don’t easily stretch from corner to corner even on a 3.5-inch iPhone display.)

Interesting....

numble

If your MacBook or iPad gets scratched up, go for the white iPhone. If their aluminium is pristine, take a chance on black.

Paranerd

Neo Member
Engadget's video review mentioned that Super Hexagon is a bit harder in control due to it being letterboxed. Didn't even think/realize that until now.

Yeah, I'm concerned about this. I have several game apps I want to try out on a faster iPhone, since my current is a 3GS.

why does Apple even employ a PR department? they should end it and continue feeding Gruber and Siegler's narcissism with early access and the requisite glowing (glowing!) posts.

Did you read the review or my quoted text? He has some serious (for him) misgivings about the screen size.

The info about the production line is pretty interesting, I didnt know the did body/glass matching. Is that new or have they always been doing that?

It was in the iPhone 5 video. They do it so the 2 glass pieces fit perfectly alongside the aluminum back.

jcm

From gruber:

Is it worth devoting the first 750 or so words of this piece to the iPhone 5’s surface appeal? I don’t know how else to convey the niceness of this thing. This iPhone 5 review unit is the single nicest object in my possession. I own things that cost and remain worth more (e.g. my car). But I own nothing this nice. It sounds hyperbolic to put it that way, but I offer this observation with no exaggeration.

I cant wait to get my hands on this thing.

Top Bottom