• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Set it flat against a table, sans camera, I guess. Check visually how flat it sits, and check for wobbling.

Probably pretty hard though, it uses a strong aluminum alloy like the 6s. It's more likely that the lips/sides of the case were pressed in a way that made the case pop out.
I think it's bent slightly. If I place it display down, when I push the corner where the camera is there is quite a bit of give. Flip it over, leave the top 2cm or so off the table so the camera bump doesn't affect it and there's still quite a bit of give on the corner below the camera bump. :/

what should I do? would apple fix it? should I just wear it in my jeans the other way around and then do the same manoeuvre? :p

Anyone have experience going from a Plus or similarly sized phone to a regular 7?

I'm currently on a Nexus 6 and considering a non-Plus 7 but am afraid the huge difference in screen size will be too much for me.

Also, those with a white front.. do you find it distracting to look at it compared to the black counterparts?

*edit* I should note that my main reason for wanting the regular 7 is price - the extra camera features aren't a big selling point to me. As long as it takes a good shot with no fuss and super fast focus, I'm fine.

I think it's bent slightly. If I place it display down, when I push the corner where the camera is there is quite a bit of give. Flip it over, leave the top 2cm or so off the table so the camera bump doesn't affect it and there's still quite a bit of give on the corner below the camera bump. :/

what should I do? would apple fix it? should I just wear it in my jeans the other way around and then do the same manoeuvre? :p

Unfortunately a bend on the 7 like that isn't covered by the warranty, since the warranty only covers manufacturers defects, not anything you've done to the phone

Unfortunately a bend on the 7 like that isn't covered by the warranty, since the warranty only covers manufacturers defects, not anything you've done to the phone
I actually think I haven't bent the phone at all, thankfully :p I moved the phone to a different part of the table and tried it there and lo and behold... zero give. Tried a different part, same thing. I don't understand how that's possible as the table has a glass top (so can't be dented or bent) but it definitely didn't happen in other spots.

marrec

Banned
Anyone have experience going from a Plus or similarly sized phone to a regular 7?

I'm currently on a Nexus 6 and considering a non-Plus 7 but am afraid the huge difference in screen size will be too much for me.

Also, those with a white front.. do you find it distracting to look at it compared to the black counterparts?

*edit* I should note that my main reason for wanting the regular 7 is price - the extra camera features aren't a big selling point to me. As long as it takes a good shot with no fuss and super fast focus, I'm fine.

I went from a Galaxy 6S+ Edge to the regular iPhone 7 and it's a much more comfortable phone to use one handed. I still have a Note 3 (for work) and I always rather use the 7 for anything. It's just a better size imo.

Also, the white front isn't distracting for me at all.

Looks like my 7+ might be delayed to the 4th November. I knew a week was too good to be true, it is supposedly coming Friday but I've had no email for dispatch however the money has been taken out of my account.

Won

Tempted to pull the trigger and go from my 5S to a 7+. I assume the size is really gonna annoy me at first, but I really want to give a big screen a spin for a while. Decisions.

Tempted to pull the trigger and go from my 5S to a 7+. I assume the size is really gonna annoy me at first, but I really want to give a big screen a spin for a while. Decisions.

It feels like a "regular size" phone now. Not even sure why I preferred the smaller phone before.

Erebus

photo19-10-2016190610iez77.png

I have to admit I'm really satisfied with the battery life of my 7.

Pulled the trigger on a silver 7+ at Best Buy. They had one in stock locally. BB is being a real pain in working with me to get my number ported over to my family's plan (currently on Project Fi).

Personally I couldn't see myself adjusting to the 7 size coming from a Nexus 6. I'm all in on big phones. Ends up being only ~$4/mo more anyway. Hoping this is finally a phone I end up keeping for two years.

What's the go to podcast app? Back when I was on iOS it was Overcast, but I love PocketCasts on Android which I think has an iOS version as well.

What's the go to podcast app? Back when I was on iOS it was Overcast, but I love PocketCasts on Android which I think has an iOS version as well.

I think Overcast is still really, really solid if you plunk down for the subscription. Not sure how good/bad the free mode is. Anything but the Apple app should be okay?

I guess I'll stick with Overcast. I think I paid for it once, but it looks like it's not a yearly subscription I guess? Weird.

Do you guys use Chrome or Safari?

Pulled the trigger on a silver 7+ at Best Buy. They had one in stock locally. BB is being a real pain in working with me to get my number ported over to my family's plan (currently on Project Fi).

Personally I couldn't see myself adjusting to the 7 size coming from a Nexus 6. I'm all in on big phones. Ends up being only ~$4/mo more anyway. Hoping this is finally a phone I end up keeping for two years.

Overcast is my preferred podcast app, but I also have Pocketcasts (on Android and iOS) which I also like. Overcast changed it's business model a few times. The free version is actually has all the features but has ads. If you paid for it previously, you're good to go. New model is $9.99 subscription a year to remove ads. The previous patronage model was good to start and tapered off. I stick with Overcast to support Marco Arment. Also a fan of ATP.

I guess I'll stick with Overcast. I think I paid for it once, but it looks like it's not a yearly subscription I guess? Weird.

Safari. I use iCloud Bookmark sync with Chrome on my Windows PC so the bookmarks are synced anyway. If you don't use that, then Chrome is handy to keep those bookmarks.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone ordered a phone from Verizon recently? I ordered a 7 yesterday with an ETA of November 9. I'm just curious if they're shipping stuff out pretty early. I think that was the case when I got my 6S.

j-wood

So uhh, does Apple do zero QA on their updates?

Every single one a far has had an issue. Now with 10.0.3 on my 7, my speakers are randomly popping everything an audio que ends (like when an iMessage sends)

Red

Anyone been able to reserve a plus for in store pickup since launch? I want to do iUP on T-Mobile, but there are never pluses available at any of the four closest stores. iStockNow consistently shows matte black non-32 GB plus models available at only two or three stores worldwide—if available anywhere at all.

Vyer

I far prefer Safari. Mobile Chrome is kinda crappy no matter what device I have tried it on, iOS or Android.

I am considering doing a clean start once I get my new iPhone. Anything I should think of ahead and while doing it?

I clean start every time I move to a new model. It's refreshing

Take screenshots of your home screen layouts so you know what apps you are about and where they go so you don't drive yourself insane

I clean start every time I move to a new model. It's refreshing

Take screenshots of your home screen layouts so you know what apps you are about and where they go so you don't drive yourself insane

I will probably keep my old phone the first weeks or month so I will look at it when installing apps. Besides probably I use less than 15% of the apps that are installed.There are two generations of usage on my current phone.

Anything regarding documents and photos?

I think I have most on cloud backups (icloud, google drive, Live) and will backup the photos to my PC as well (as I also do regularly)

I will probably keep my old phone the first weeks or month so I will look at it when installing apps. Besides probably I use less than 15% of the apps that are installed.There are two generations of usage on my current phone.

Anything regarding documents and photos?

I think I have most on cloud backups (icloud, google drive, Live) and will backup the photos to my PC as well (as I also do regularly)

I use iCloud Photo Library and Apple Music so I didn't miss a beat on photos and music. Basic stuff is on iCloud Drive, school stuff is in Office 365. Contacts and calendars and stuff are synced with my iCloud account

Honestly the most annoying part of setting up as new every year for me if getting my notifications and app settings back to where they were

Laekon

Is there currently anyway to save money on an unlocked 7 in the US? Even just tax would be good.

Also does Google now kill the battery life on iPhones? It's one of my favorite features on my 5x. Specifically the feature that checks traffic before appointments and warns you if it will take longer to get there.

Is there currently anyway to save money on an unlocked 7 in the US? Even just tax would be good.

Also does Google now kill the battery life on iPhones? It's one of my favorite features on my 5x. Specifically the feature that checks traffic before appointments and warns you if it will take longer to get there.

save money on an iphone? Just wait for a sale is my only guess

I hate that I've already become so used to the 7+ size that I feel like I could go larger lmao.

It's such a great size, I can't imagine going any smaller.

ntropy

Has anyone ordered a phone from Verizon recently? I ordered a 7 yesterday with an ETA of November 9. I'm just curious if they're shipping stuff out pretty early. I think that was the case when I got my 6S.
i got it 6 days earlier

i'm glad i got jet black.
imported the Dew Drops text tone from my s3 :D

Got my matte black 7+ for a couple of days now and I'm really happy with it. Got a leather case with it for the first time and I'm surprised I like it so much. Before I would occasionally go caseless because I generally dislike the added thickness and feel of most cases but with the leather case, the phone actually feels better with it on, haha. And I say that even though I love the matte black finish.

Gotta say though, performance wise I barely notice the upgrade from my 6+. Yeah, it's quicker, but not mindblowingly so. I guess we're approaching diminishing returns. At least I can now say it "just works" without a hitch.

Got my matte black 7+ for a couple of days now and I'm really happy with it. Got a leather case with it for the first time and I'm surprised I like it so much. Before I would occasionally go caseless because I generally dislike the added thickness and feel of most cases but with the leather case, the phone actually feels better with it on, haha. And I say that even though I love the matte black finish.

Gotta say though, performance wise I barely notice the upgrade from my 6+. Yeah, it's quicker, but not mindblowingly so. I guess we're approaching diminishing returns. At least I can now say it "just works" without a hitch.

right, with the apps that features that most people use, most open up instantly now, so if the phone with 20x faster we aren't going to notice a difference

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hope the portrait mode update comes next week. Everywhere I read that it's a mindblowing feature.
Same. Alreasy taking sick photos with the current camera but god damn I want more.

Just received my super thin peel case for 7+. Been using an apple leather one until now.

Looks and feels great but man I feel so prone though after the protection of the leather csee. Really not sure which one I'll use.

So my friend is having trouble with her 7+, basically sporadically but multiple times every day it just comes up with the buffering icon and she can't do anything until it finishes. If she bought it from Apple online and had it delivered, can she just take it to her local Apple Store and have it replaced? To anyone that's done it, what's that process like?

Deku Tree

My main concern about the airpods is that you can't change the volume without taking out your phone, or using Siri which requires internet, or taking them out of your ears to turn them off. With wires you can easily change the volume i the cord.

I change the volume a lot using the cord and all the other ways of doing it would be less convenient.

My main concern about the airpods is that you can't change the volume without taking out your phone, or using Siri which requires internet, or taking them out of your ears to turn them off. With wires you can easily change the volume i the cord.

I change the volume a lot using the cord and all the other ways of doing it would be less convenient.
Now that you mention it, the volume thing is pretty stupid.

So my friend is having trouble with her 7+, basically sporadically but multiple times every day it just comes up with the buffering icon and she can't do anything until it finishes. If she bought it from Apple online and had it delivered, can she just take it to her local Apple Store and have it replaced? To anyone that's done it, what's that process like?

What do you mean by buffering icon?

Hopefully volume is one of the few Siri commands that she can process locally but I doubt it

Top Bottom