• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish holidaymaker swallows one KILO of cocaine

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

holidaymaker = a person on vacation away from their home

A young Irishman is contemplating spending the next decade and a half in jail after he tried to sneak past Brazilian customs with a kilo of cocaine hidden in his guts.

The 20-year-old holidaymaker, identified only as P.B.B., was stopped as he tried to board a flight back to Europe from Sao Paolo's Congonhas airport.

He had somehow managed to stuff 72 bags, containing almost a kilo of coke with a street value of up to 150,000 euros, down his throat, according to police.

Border security became suspicious after the man appeared to be nervous as he arrived at the departures gate last Monday, the Irish Independent reported.

He was taken to the nearby Santa Misericordia Hospital where scans confirmed the presence of the suspect packages in his intestines

Brazilian prosecutors have now charged him with international drug trafficking, which carries a sentence of up to 15 years.

About five people are arrested every day trying to smuggle drugs through Congonhas airport, which connects to 53 countries.

It is notorious as a major exit point for drug mules bringing cocaine from South America to the rest of the world.

Ireland's Department of Foreign Affairs told TheJournal.ie they were aware of reports on the case, but as yet had received no request for consular assistance.

The Brazilian penal system is slow, and it could be up to six months before the young man appears in court.

article-2038215-0DED65E900000578-253_468x271.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-KILO-cocaine-Brazil--tries-past-customs.html

How are people still so stupid as to be drug mules? Watching 'Banged Up Abroad' and I just shake my head at how stupid the people are.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OMG how could a person even survive that? Thats disgusting and super interesting.
Also, they look like flaming hot cheetos.

Coming soon on banged up abroad...

Thing is him getting caught may well have saved his life (bags bursting, getting stuck internally etc)

edit: I'm too slow...

Kinyou

Those scans looks freaking scary. Just imagine if just one of those bags had popped.

Also i can see that some are already half down his poophole :*(

shuri

Banned
can you imagine having suddenly the shit and you just CANT HOLD IT BACK midflight. You start shitting up the bags, but you cant leave them there!.. And then you realise what you must do!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
For America, 'Banged Up Abroad' is 'Locked Up Abroad'

I'm actually shocked he got caught doing this. How could he have possibly gotten caught?

MorisUkunRasik said:
A kilo is a thousand grams, its easy to remember.

Nice

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kinyou said:
Those scans looks freaking scary. Just imagine if just one of those bags had popped.

Which does happen quite often.

Dude's a moron for getting into the traffic trade, but given it's South America you're forced into it if you meet the wrong people down there.

How could he have possibly gotten caught?

Stuffing millions of bags down your throat = choking hazard, if you get them all down there is a risk of the balloons popping and the cocaine being in your system... == shock and death from overdose.

Worrying about the risks of the above = looking nervous on boarding = being checked for cocaine smuggling = caught.

Not a hard line of logic to follow.

BenjaminBirdie said:
That seems overly complicated.

Like calling a jogger a sneakerupanddownener.

except holidaymaker is longer than vacationer.

Vacationer is someone who is on vacation.

Holidaymaker is......someone who makes holidays?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
TheSeks said:
Worrying about the risks of the above = looking nervous on boarding = being checked for cocaine smuggling = caught.

Not a hard line of logic to follow.
Looking nervous = them searching your bag and patting you down.

For this guy to get caught, he must have freaked out or something.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AbsoluteZero said:
Who the fuck's gonna want cocaine that's passed though this guy's colon? Ick.

Er-They're in plastic balloons, kinda like Condoms. You know this, right?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wait 150,000 euro for a kilo of cocaine? Isn't that.... a bit off?

1gram costs 50 euro in Amsterdam

Did they triple the value for the story?

So according to those photos, if they're real, his stomach was extremely bloated.

Dude is lucky to be alive. Hopefully he doesn't breed though.

The Lamonster said:
So according to those photos, if they're real, his stomach was extremely bloated.

Dude is lucky to be alive. Hopefully he doesn't breed though.
He's lucky they didn't burst. It's a bad way to go.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
catfish said:
wait 150,000 euro for a kilo of cocaine? Isn't that.... a bit off?

1gram costs 50 euro in Amsterdam

Did they triple the value for the story?
It probably wasn't cut with anything yet.

We all think you're really cool for buying cocaine in Amsterdam though.

Raiden

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:

Because everybody who sells cocaine on the streets is going to tell their buyers that they got it from a dude who pooped it out.

Raiden said:
Because everybody who sells cocaine on the streets is going to tell their buyers that they got it from a dude who pooped it out.

"Dude I got that real good shit this month, I got this shit that was digested by this Irish guy, it's that Irish shit."

Tobor

AbsoluteZero said:

You should market a line of cocaine for squeamish junkies. "Guaranteed 100% Colon Free!"

akira28

They probably saw him squirming and just made him wait a bit to see if he got worse. I wonder if they give me something to help sieze him up for the flight. I mean...Columbia's a fair bit away from Ireland. Why don't these people just take boats? Slow ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom