• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

PowerTaxi

Banned
WOOO! ONE THOUSANDTH POST OF THIS THREAD! I AM THE IRISH POSTER OF THIS FORUM!

Is it me or is this thread a bit too Dublin centric?

Hold on, you're saying there is land outside Dublin? I need to sit down. That's too much to handle.

That was terrible, I'm really sorry.

acohrs

I was at a friend's in Wexford and there was no access to mobile data.

I was mystified.

Sure that's nothing, where my fiancee's parents live, they don't have neither broadband nor mobile network signal. All we do is drink tea and watch RTE 1 or 2.

Bloody Dubs (and fake Brit Dubs) stinking up the thread. pfft.

Heading to Ballibunion on Friday for my wife's first birthday in Ireland (she's Colombian, moved here this year) and then the Listowel races on Saturday.

I bet it pisses rain the entire time.

acohrs

Irish GAF, I need you to help me settle a debate with my fiancee. Which of these is the better comedy film with Brendan Gleeson:

In_Bruges_Poster.jpg

Or

calvary-movie-2014.jpg

I say Calvary, she says In Bruges

acohrs

Fecking hell lads, you're not helping my side...

I do love the Guard too, it's mad that all 3 movies were created by brothers

acohrs

I wouldn't even consider The Calvary a comedy, though I think it's a better movie than In Bruges. The latter is the better comedy easily.

In Bruges was really funny, but it's more bantz every minute. Whereas in Calvary, the jokes are less predictable but funnier because of the spontaneity and darker humour.

acohrs

Anyone thinking of seeing this at some point?

TheYoungOffenders_Quad_Art-2-1024x767.jpg

Getting good reviews from irish reviewers, although they are prob just trying to push an irish film hard since there arent too many of em

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone thinking of seeing this at some point?

TheYoungOffenders_Quad_Art-2-1024x767.jpg

Getting good reviews from irish reviewers, although they are prob just trying to push an irish film hard since there arent too many of em

I have a hard time watching anything that has Dublin accents in it, even when it's being delivered by actors from Dublin, it just sounds oddly fake. Couldn't get into Love/Hate for that very reason.

I already saw the movie, didn't like it.

I ordered something from Game to parcel motel and only just realised I didn't put the little parcel motel number your supposed to put with it to identify yourself. Shit.

Huh.

Thought to myself today "I should really finally buy a Blu Ray copy of Fury Road" and realised I dont know where I can do that anymore other then Amazon UK.

HMV is closed
Xtravision closed
Gamestop cleared out its movie section in favour of funko pops.
Local video shops do not exist.

I think Golden Discs is still in Dun Laoghire but I am not sure on that one anymore. Was going through the town during the week and it looked it finally closed too

acohrs

A bit crude, badly acted, etc. Not my cup of tea.

Yeah looks to be that sort of film. It is a shame that there are so few irish films being produced so they really try to hype them up to get people interested even though they probably arent as good as the reviewers say.

Woke up this morning after eating a jo'burger burger feeling 10 kilos heavier. Those are some serious sized burgers!

Jamie OD

Huh.

Thought to myself today "I should really finally buy a Blu Ray copy of Fury Road" and realised I dont know where I can do that anymore other then Amazon UK.

HMV is closed
Xtravision closed

I think Golden Discs is still in Dun Laoghire but I am not sure on that one anymore. Was going through the town during the week and it looked it finally closed too

There's still Tower Records in Dawson St and O'Connell St Easons if you're able to visit Dublin city.

acohrs

What's a jo burger?

I was gonna go the giants causeway today cos I've never been, buts its a bloody 8 hour (there and back) drive at least according to google maps :eek:

Never been to joburger? Great burger restaurant on castle market. Does an amazing pub burger, the non greasy massive kind. The owners also have a fried chicken place called crackbird on dame st, the soy and garlic fried chicken is killer! We should do an irish GAF dinner date soon and all go!

Never been to giants causeway, where is it?

Lucreto

Huh.

HMV is closed
Xtravision closed

I miss xtravision already. I wish it was better managed. Golden Discs is all that is left. I would understand them going under with streaming movies services but there is very little competition even in that market. What do we have? Netflix, iTunes and one focusing on Irish movies.

I wish we had one dedicated to new movies

On an unrelated note. Has RTE2 showed Season 2 of Gotham yet? I see its on Netflix now.

Never been to joburger? Great burger restaurant on castle market. Does an amazing pub burger, the non greasy massive kind. The owners also have a fried chicken place called crackbird on dame st, the soy and garlic fried chicken is killer! We should do an irish GAF dinner date soon and all go!

Never been to giants causeway, where is it?

We should, we've tried to do an irish gaf meet before and then discovered how lazy we all are.

It's like, way up the north. Past Belfast and Coleraine.

acohrs

We should, we've tried to do an irish gaf meet before and then discovered how lazy we all are.

It's like, way up the north. Past Belfast and Coleraine.

haha fair enough, well if anyone's interested and lets me know, I'd be happy to arrange it!

Still haven't been to the north after 3 years here, want to go to Belfast at some point. Get a bnb that lets dogs stay and go with my lady.

acohrs

Great day for the GAA, central Dublin is packed with blue and green. Not a big fan myself, but wouldnt look down on any mad for a bit of GAA. Anyone going?

acohrs

I wouldn't go anyway, not in this weather specially.

Haha well, as seen in your other thread, you have responsibilities now. Cannot just go anywhere anymore!

In going through town now. My bus is absolutely jammers.

Going to Cineworld to see Dont Breathe, was going to drive but remembered the all ireland and decided to walk in. Good call, roads are chock-a-block in D1.

Popped into a gamestop on my way, whilst mooching overheard the cashier tell some guys that bioshock ps4 collection has sold out at most gamestops in dublin. Told the lads the nearest gamestop with it still in stock was in dun laoghaire!!

RangerX

Banned
I was at the quarters and semis but couldn't get tickets for the final. I think Dublin will have too much for Mayo. They are one of the all time great teams. Heres hoping anyway. C'mon you boys in blue!

Top Bottom