• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

acohrs

Just left cineworld, whats the score?

If dublin lose, will go to lidl and get rations for a few days so i can avoid the rioting and hell that will erupt in d8!

danthefan

Just left cineworld, whats the score?

If dublin lose, will go to lidl and get rations for a few days so i can avoid the rioting and hell that will erupt in d8!

5 points up, not sure the exact score. Something like 2-4 to 0-5. Both the goals were own-goals, bizarrely. Dublin shot about 3525497867 wides in the first half hour.

acohrs

5 points up, not sure the exact score. Something like 2-4 to 0-5. Both the goals were own-goals, bizarrely. Dublin shot about 3525497867 wides in the first half hour.

Thats good, boss and colleagues will be hungover tomorrow, easy work day

Edit: just got home and quickly checked the score. All equal on points going into the last minute. Sounds like it's been a good match!

A fucking draw. What anti-climactic bullshit. Why are final replays still a thing in 2016? It WAS a great game, though.

Can't wait for another two weeks of ridiculous hype for the replay.

Lucreto

A draw, I was hoping it would be all done and dusted after today.

Now I will have to listen to them going on and on for the next two weeks on the radio.

A fucking draw. What anti-climactic bullshit. Why are final replays still a thing in 2016? It WAS a great game, though.

Can't wait for another two weeks of ridiculous hype for the replay.

855470.gif

acohrs

Haha have to love ireland. "You paid all this money for a final well enjoy the show ... oh, a draw, well come back in 2 weeks with money for another ticket and enjoy the show again!"

Say there is another draw, and another. How long until they just play extra time?

Jamie OD

Haha have to love ireland. "You paid all this money for a final well enjoy the show ... oh, a draw, well come back in 2 weeks with money for another ticket and enjoy the show again!"

Say there is another draw, and another. How long until they just play extra time?

I think they only do one replay and if that also ends in a draw it goes to extra time/penalties. Similar set up to the FA Cup.

At least everyone knew ahead of time what tge deal is. There was a hurling final a few years back that ended in a draw. Everyone stayed on the pitch preparing for extra time and the GAA staff only decided there and then to do a replay two weeks later instead.

acohrs

I think they only do one replay and if that also ends in a draw it goes to extra time/penalties. Similar set up to the FA Cup.

At least everyone knew ahead of time what tge deal is. There was a hurling final a few years back that ended in a draw. Everyone stayed on the pitch preparing for extra time and the GAA staff only decided there and then to do a replay two weeks later instead.

The only one who benefits from the replays are the suits behind the GAA...

Also, isn't the Autumn weather great? First time in months that I walked to work and wasn't sweating buckets upon arrival. Ireland's finest boys and girls!

NateDog

I started a new PLC today, and its the worst. Bunch of kids in there, I fee like an old man. People are the worst.
Wouldn't be surprised, my GF is doing a course and practically everyone in it course is a selfish cunt (and I don't use that word much). I remember it from my time there too. You'd swear you were still in 5th year the way some people are in college.

acohrs

I started a new PLC today, and its the worst. Bunch of kids in there, I feel like an old man. People are the worst.

Wouldn't be surprised, my GF is doing a course and practically everyone in it course is a selfish cunt (and I don't use that word much). I remember it from my time there too. You'd swear you were still in 5th year the way some people are in college.

What's a PLC?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I started a new PLC today, and its the worst. Bunch of kids in there, I feel like an old man. People are the worst.

The most annoying ones will be gone within a few weeks, trust me.

What's a PLC?

It's a post leaving cert course. Mainly for helping to get a post leaving cert job or getting started in further education.

acohrs

It's a post leaving cert course. Mainly for helping to get a post leaving cert job or getting started in further education.

ah gotcha, sorry still used to GCSE's and A level's, not junior and leaving certs.

@TheOnlyOne, what type of PLC are you doing?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's liberal arts access to university thing. It's the third time I've attempted it, and I think I'm too old for this shit.

In higher education, nobody cares about your age. I went to college with a woman in her mid-40's, so I can tell you first hand it's not going to be an issue.

Cocaloch

Irish GAF, I need you to help me settle a debate with my fiancee. Which of these is the better comedy film with Brendan Gleeson:

In_Bruges_Poster.jpg

Or

calvary-movie-2014.jpg

I say Calvary, she says In Bruges

I definitely wouldn't say Calvary is a comedy, but it is a fantastic film. Better than In Bruges for sure.

Vagabundo

It's liberal arts access to university thing. It's the third time I've attempted it, and I think I'm too old for this shit.

My wife just finished her second degree as a mature student, she started it in her late 30s.

Mature students nearly always do better then the kids. I work for a college. Usually they allow mature students in with an interview no matter what you got in your secondary school. You might be asked to do a pre-year in something though. Most of the university have access programmes. Did you talk to them?

My wife just finished her second degree as a mature student, she started it in her late 30s.

Mature students nearly always do better then the kids. I work for a college. Usually they allow mature students in with an interview no matter what you got in your secondary school. You might be asked to do a pre-year in something though. Most of the university have access programmes. Did you talk to them?

I didn't, to be honest. I only turned 23 this year and it said mature students have to be 23 by 1st January. Plus, I've been a little unmotivated recently.

acohrs

I didn't, to be honest. I only turned 23 this year and it said mature students have to be 23 by 1st January. Plus, I've been a little unmotivated recently.

Dont know if it is possible, but could you take the year off and come back next year for the same course? Some time off may allow you to try other stuff and decide if this is what you really want to do or not.

Clegg

How Gerry Adams is allowed walk the streets as a free man is beyond me.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-37425809

A man who says he was a former IRA and Sinn Féin member turned British agent has claimed Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams sanctioned the killing of Denis Donaldson.
But of course the mouth breathers who support Jarry will deny, deny, deny.

For anyone interested in keeping count:

Gerry Adams ordered the murder of a man in a cattle shed using breeze blocks (And they didn't start at his head)

He covered up the sexual abuse of his own niece

He had the widowed mother of 10 murdered

acohrs

Starting to get proper cold out now lads.

Winter is coming...

Ay, isn't it great? At least when it's cold, you put on a northface. When it's hot and your office doesn't let you wear shorts, you either wear a skirt or you get a really sweaty bollocks.

Gerry Adams ordered the murder of a man in a cattle shed using breeze blocks (And they didn't start at his head)

He's a bit of a dodgy duck alright, if all the previous allegations haven't stopped him, I doubt anything will...

Trained for 15 weeks for the Dublin half marathon

Turns out the buses are on strike. Fuck. I guses I'll come up with something because I didn't lose 5kg and buy a pair of shorts for nothing.

Fuck these bus drivers though.

Lucreto

I am not calling it yet.

It's going to be that time of the year were where will be warm days and cold days.

We had summer heat in late October last year or the year before.

Podge293

It'd be the same as me saying "clegg" is the real head of the IRA who's been ordering the murders of everyone. They've no proof beyond 1 guy 11 years after the fact saying "yeah I'm pretty sure Gerry ordered it".

He even says "I know from my experience" which means he has jack shit on Gerry Adams for it and is basically throwing shit and seeing what sticks

Don't care right now if it warms up again temporarily. Cold weather suits me to the ground.

Also, Dublin Bus is a shit service, more fucking strikes and now I've gotta get the dart home instead of the bus.

Desmond

Fairly bitter out tonight. Prefer the cold though. Gives me a use for all me wooly jumpers.

Have to be around the RTE direction tomorrow at 8. First commuter train to Pearse + Dart + walking from Booterstown. Hopefully just make it in on time.

I can't believe nothing has developed regarding these fecking strikes.

acohrs

I think if you live in Ireland, chances are you prefer the cold. Those in the office that look at me funnily when I say that, I just think if you liked warmth and sunny, you would have moved somewhere else a while ago.

Also, went into my local gamestop to check out Yo Kai Watch. 45 fecking yuros!! Checked other 3ds games. Monster Hunter generations on 3ds is 55 yuros! Since when did 3ds games cost as much as some console games or is that an Irish gamestop thing?

That spotlight program was no better than a Sunday World article, I'm sure Gerry has done things but there was a peace agreement and a ceasefire, people decided to forgive and move on.

Also the word of a tout is worthless, according to that show the British Security services where in control of the Belfast IRA via "hundreds" of informers and high placed agents.

It was a very dirty war and many people are walking the streets today who did a lot of bad things, if we go back to wanting revenge then this process will go backwards.

As for the mother of 10, he presented to the police and they didn't charge him and there is no case against him.

I'm a republican and believe me, I have no love for Gerry Adams but that spotlight program was nonsense.

Lucreto

I think if you live in Ireland, chances are you prefer the cold. Those in the office that look at me funnily when I say that, I just think if you liked warmth and sunny, you would have moved somewhere else a while ago.

Also, went into my local gamestop to check out Yo Kai Watch. 45 fecking yuros!! Checked other 3ds games. Monster Hunter generations on 3ds is 55 yuros! Since when did 3ds games cost as much as some console games or is that an Irish gamestop thing?

I love the cold and can't wait until winter proper begins. We didn't get a winter last year so hopefully this year is better chance of cold.

That's the price of games this generation. Smyths are slightly cheaper but not by much. Nintendo games hold their price.

Top Bottom