• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Tesco must be desperate to get rid of all their games, DVDs and CDs. I just picked up Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for a tenner when I would be previously considering it lucky to find the game for as 'cheap' as thirty-five or forty anywhere else.

Tesco must be desperate to get rid of all their games, DVDs and CDs. I just picked up Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for a tenner when I would be previously considering it lucky to find the game for as 'cheap' as thirty-five or forty anywhere else.
They've been doing a clearance sale since Saturday. Golden discs is gonna be doing their media stuff now.

acohrs

Damn that's a great deal for a good game. Looking around for somewhere in Ireland to get a vita new for as cheap as possible. Want to be able to play Xenogears on my ps3 whilst my fiancee watches TV!

acohrs

God, I'm so happy I left London in 2013 to move to Ireland. As much as I may miss London at times, Britain is just scaring and disgusting me at the moment.

Also, if I'd never come to Dublin, I never would have ever learnt of such incredible things as Leo Burdocks or Spice Bags! :p :p :p

Don't suppose any of ye watched that netflix film the Siege of Jadotville? The one about the 150 irish men who fought in the congo. Its quite good, but wierdly contains one of the most out of placed wilhelm screams i think i've ever seen.

acohrs

Don't suppose any of ye watched that netflix film the Siege of Jadotville? The one about the 150 irish men who fought in the congo. Its quite good, but wierdly contains one of the most out of placed wilhelm screams i think i've ever seen.

No but fiancee really wants to see it as she had family who fought in the siege. It looks good though!

Just watched Sing St. Really great film, def going to get the OST cd and blast it out in the car! Liked how 'Cosmo' pretty much dressed like every pop rock band of the 80s!

Podge293

Budget day tomorrow folks.

Expected that a bunch of people will get between 10-50 euro extra a month from USC changes.

Smokes getting hit. Alcohol staying out.

First time buyers getting some sorta rebate.

Budget day is always a fun time of the year.

Catvoca

Banned
I know it's shite telly and all that but I find myself really enjoying Gogglebox Ireland. The mixture of Dubs and culchies makes it way more fun than the English one. That and Irish people are just funnier than brits anyway :p

acohrs

I know it's shite telly and all that but I find myself really enjoying Gogglebox Ireland. The mixture of Dubs and culchies makes it way more fun than the English one. That and Irish people are just funnier than brits anyway :p

Ah shit, would have liked to see that but in the UK so can't watch on TV3 player. Any craic?

Kamaji

Are there any irish law practioners or law students here?

I'm doing a comparative assignment on Maintenance of spouses according to both Irish and Swedish law and I would be very grateful for any advices on sources.

Would be really grateful for any help :)

Podge293

That budget was the ultimate in harmless.

50c bump on smokes. The only tax implemented ha.

USC got cut.

First time new home buyers in for a treat.

Harmless

Clegg

Are there any irish law practioners or law students here?

I'm doing a comparative assignment on Maintenance of spouses according to both Irish and Swedish law and I would be very grateful for any advices on sources.

Would be really grateful for any help :)

Family isn't my area and I hated it when studying it but I'll jot down briefly what I can remember.

Very crash course version is that maintenance is handed out on the basis on proper provision ie the court will always seek to ensure the spouse is properly provided for in the settlement whether it be Judicial Sep or divorce. It takes into account lifestyle accustomed to as a married person, property, number of kids etc. Pre nups aren't binding agreements in Ireland but will be used as a guide by the court if it wishes. And if the court feels the document is inadequate it will amend it.

NateDog

Mines higher than that fortunately woooo ha

For those Irish that wanna try PSVR. They've a pop up store on dame lane for the next 7 days. U can book slots at trypsvr (think that's the site)
I remember a good few years back when they had the PS Hub on South William Street I think, they were showing off the Move and a bunch of games that were due out later that year (LBP2 I think, Gran Turismo 5, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Killzone 3, etc.). Is this pretty much just VR? Can't say I'm not curious to see it at some stage.

Edit: Ah it's only until Saturday? I'm away from tomorrow until Tuesday and can't make the only open slot that I otherwise might be able to make as it says you have to get there 10 mins before. Ah well, lucky I'm not as fussed as other people.

Gamestops website is indicating they've it everywhere available

Also rang smyths jervis and fonthill both said they've stock

Yeah Gamestop say they have them everywhere but if you order one, the order is cancelled straight away. Smyths have them for delivery, I believe. Couldn't find the number to ring Jervis though :-/.

NateDog

I'm doing it Sunday week. I'll report back then unless others beat me to the punch.

Half an hour of it should be fun
I've booked myself and my girlfriend in to do it too on the same day I think, although I'm not sure she can go, is that the Swords one? What time is your slot at? I might see you there who knows.

Podge293

I've booked myself and my girlfriend in to do it too on the same day I think, although I'm not sure she can go, is that the Swords one? What time is your slot at? I might see you there who knows.

Mines at 4:30 I think. Or 3:30 ha. I've to double check that

I would have gone to a PSVR demo this weekend but I got the sickness.

Could book for next weekend but its out in Swords. I am not travelling from Bray to Swords.

I remember going to a Vita preview event that was fun. Sony guy gave me this great speal about how the big 3rd parties are super excited, it wouldnt turn out like the PSP and how DICE was getting frostbite to work on it. LOL

Who is the most famous historical figure in all of the history of Ireland.

In Britain its either Isaac Newton or William Shakespeare

what is Ireland's? James Joyce

What up lads! I'm drinking a delicious Irish Stout at a local brewery.

Truly cannot wait until I one day get out to Ireland and see where all of my ancestors lived. 3 out of my 4 grandparents are just about 100% Irish :)

I would have gone to a PSVR demo this weekend but I got the sickness.

Could book for next weekend but its out in Swords. I am not travelling from Bray to Swords.

I remember going to a Vita preview event that was fun. Sony guy gave me this great speal about how the big 3rd parties are super excited, it wouldnt turn out like the PSP and how DICE was getting frostbite to work on it. LOL

They had a bizarre Vita event in Galway back in the day, a freight container in Eyre Square with a few demo units. Me and some friends got stuck playing Hustle Kings and the Vita became a bit of an in-joke from there on.

Top Bottom