• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Lucreto

January is the most depressing month for me.

Have been taking the Christmas decorations down tonight and the house feels empty, going back to work, my Birthday and nothing really to look forward to until at least March.

acohrs

It is, I enjoy it so much I get really down until at least March.

I'd be much more depressed without my new VITA/Persona 3, Pokemon Sun, and Last Guardian. Also, town is much more bearable, actually makes for a nice weekend stroll with the doggies right now.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
January is the most depressing month for me.

Have been taking the Christmas decorations down tonight and the house feels empty, going back to work, my Birthday and nothing really to look forward to until at least March.
15826678_1317623878281235_5103764336058663507_n.jpg

acohrs

You all need to get dogs or a pet. Every day is a new day with them. Their excitement makes even my worst days the best.

Love walking them into grafton st area, watching the ducks and swans in Stephens green, and then eating brunch at taste or metro. That's a weekend!

Podge293

You all need to get dogs or a pet. Every day is a new day with them. Their excitement makes even my worst days the best.

Love walking them into grafton st area, watching the ducks and swans in Stephens green, and then eating brunch at taste or metro. That's a weekend!

Aye we got a dog last year. Class shit. Got me a ton more active aswell.

Helps coming home after a long slog at work aswell. They're always excited to see you regardless

Lucreto

I have a cat, never much into dogs as they require too much maintenance. If I didn't have my cat I will be far more depressed this time of year.

Ha exactly how it is.

acohrs

Going to make this meet up happen even if I have to go to all your homes and drag you out for tea, like yours mams used to do.

So first bank holiday in may is the target date, correct?

acohrs

Anyone interested in working in a QA graduate role at a software company? Just got an email from my department to all juniors and graduates about needing more QA graduates here, office is here in Dublin in the docklands a few minutes from the red line LUAS stop at the Point Village. DM me if interested.

I'm not no, actually left software development altogether but I just had to say I'm glad I don't work in graduate QA. I know a couple of people that used to work in it and it sounded pretty harsh.

acohrs

I'm not no, actually left software development altogether but I just had to say I'm glad I don't work in graduate QA. I know a couple of people that used to work in it and it sounded pretty harsh.

Haha quiet you! But seriously our place isn't so bad, free tea and toast every day!

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Sigh. It's always get such an existential crisis after Christmas, because all the movie marathons on telly are over until next year.

acohrs

Ha free tea and toast, that's an awful sale ha

On this meet up, ye talking about like the bank holiday Monday itself or what? Mans gotta plan

It's a good place in all seriousness, worked there as QA graduate for 4 months then switched to graduate tech consultant, they let you switch departments after you work x number of months in one department if there's space in another

acohrs

Not that bad. Switches out of grad QA after 4 months.

Sales, next :p

Haha, I actually got hired as a grad tech consultant, but everyone in the PS dept here has to do at least a month in QA to learn the project. They asked me if I'd do a bit longer in QA to fill a gap.

Was surprised how chilled a tech company office can be, especially after I was a BA in a retail property developer before. That was stressful!

acohrs

Ha free tea and toast, that's an awful sale ha

On this meet up, ye talking about like the bank holiday Monday itself or what? Mans gotta plan

I'd say on the Monday, what's everyone's preference, pub or tea? Could always do late lunch at say the Workmans or Marys but in the Wow Burger downstairs.

Anyone interested in working in a QA graduate role at a software company? Just got an email from my department to all juniors and graduates about needing more QA graduates here, office is here in Dublin in the docklands a few minutes from the red line LUAS stop at the Point Village. DM me if interested.

I'm finishing up my degree in May so if there's still positions I'll keep you in mind. Cheers acohrs :)

Also my final year exams start a week after the supposed meetup date but I'll see what I can do.

NateDog

Are any of you guys here with AIB and have had experience with unarranged overdrafts / overdrawn amounts? We're struggling with the rent this month with me being out of work and have a standing order for the rent set up. I'm just wondering if the rent goes through for the full amount when I have nothing in my account will it just end up coming back to me as it's a large amount or will my account just stay in deficit? Can I get into big trouble with the bank for this happening and for my account being left like that for a few weeks? I'm looking for practically any full-time work right now just to try get us over the line and despite there being way more jobs out there than I've seen in a while it's still not always easy to get one. But we can't afford to move back in with our respective parents, it just can't work. I feel like such a failure for this happening just 7 months after finally moving into our own place. People said we shouldn't have done it and maybe they were right.

acohrs

Are any of you guys here with AIB and have had experience with unarranged overdrafts / overdrawn amounts? We're struggling with the rent this month with me being out of work and have a standing order for the rent set up. I'm just wondering if the rent goes through for the full amount when I have nothing in my account will it just end up coming back to me as it's a large amount or will my account just stay in deficit? Can I get into big trouble with the bank for this happening and for my account being left like that for a few weeks? I'm looking for practically any full-time work right now just to try get us over the line and despite there being way more jobs out there than I've seen in a while it's still not always easy to get one. But we can't afford to move back in with our respective parents, it just can't work. I feel like such a failure for this happening just 7 months after finally moving into our own place. People said we shouldn't have done it and maybe they were right.

Do you have overdraft limits on your account? There are usually certain amounts that you can overdraft, only problem is you get charged daily while your account is in the red. If not, the payment may just bounce. Call the bank and see what your account details are and overdraft limit. Maybe ask about a loan although that might be tough without a job.

NateDog

Do you have overdraft limits on your account? There are usually certain amounts that you can overdraft, only problem is you get charged daily while your account is in the red. If not, the payment may just bounce. Call the bank and see what your account details are and overdraft limit. Maybe ask about a loan although that might be tough without a job.

Cheers thanks for the info, I probably am best to just query it. I'd try for a loan but I know that won't happen, I struggled to get a small one from them before while working.

Top Bottom