• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Lucreto

Had a skiff this evening but it's nearly melted now. That's an achievement being 0C.

That's all the snow we will see this year lads.

acohrs

Well one Switch pre order freed up. Not a chance I'm paying that.

Just wait mate. Very few will buy it in Q1, retail knows this as 40% of their money is from Xmas. My guess is it will sit on shelves until closer to Q3 or Q4 and then there will be bundles and discounts to try and get peeps to buy it during the next Xmas shopping season.

Edit: first batch will sell out because of the nintendo fans, but everyone else probably won't be going for a while. It's a very awkward time of year to release.

Just wait mate. Very few will buy it in Q1, retail knows this as 40% of their money is from Xmas. My guess is it will sit on shelves until closer to Q3 or Q4 and then there will be bundles and discounts to try and get peeps to buy it during the next Xmas shopping season.

Edit: first batch will sell out because of the nintendo fans, but everyone else probably won't be going for a while. It's a very awkward time of year to release.

Yeah I'll wait, but I don't think I can wait for Spla2oon :-( I won't be buying day 1 that's for sure.

Actually it depends what Gamestop offer for the Wii U. If they offer enough I'll bite.

NateDog

I'll be waiting a while for the Switch, the launch lineup is abysmal and the price of the system combined with paid online and accessory / controller prices and the lack of space in the system means it's just not worth it for me at all right now. Problem is it might not go down for a while.

I'll be waiting a while for the Switch, the launch lineup is abysmal and the price of the system combined with paid online and accessory / controller prices and the lack of space in the system means it's just not worth it for me at all right now. Problem is it might not go down for a while.

or ever, looking at the wii u.

acohrs

or ever, looking at the wii u.

It will, they won't have the 3DS to bail them out now. Also, I guarantee there will be enough switches at CEX for us.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
15941127_1258977197520717_733051932168135463_n.jpg

jesus, the french teams have fallen apart recently. It's incredible how much doom and gloom there was around the Irish provinces last year, and look at them now!
It's great, isn't it! Same thing is happening with a number of English teams too. There seems to be a big gap in quality between Wasps, Saracens and the rest. Whereas the Pro12 seems to have tightened up a bit. Munster kicking on, Glasgow are still a decent side and sides like Ospreys and Scarlets are making huge gains.

acohrs

It's great, isn't it! Same thing is happening with a number of English teams too. There seems to be a big gap in quality between Wasps, Saracens and the rest. Whereas the Pro12 seems to have tightened up a bit. Munster kicking on, Glasgow are still a decent side and sides like Ospreys and Scarlets are making huge gains.

For the competitiveness of European rugby, yes.

anyone ever click and collect for a pre-order at gamestop? apparently it's 50 bills up front to pre order in store but only 5 online. much easier to swallow putting a fiver down now as a "just in case"

was in today and asked how much I'd get for trading in a wii u and yer one told me "you'd be far better off going to CEX" lol also Golden Discs on Henry St. has closed down already.

acohrs

anyone ever click and collect for a pre-order at gamestop? apparently it's 50 bills up front to pre order in store but only 5 online. much easier to swallow putting a fiver down now as a "just in case"

was in today and asked how much I'd get for trading in a wii u and yer one told me "you'd be far better off going to CEX" lol also Golden Discs on Henry St. has closed down already.

At least they're honest!

Also pre order was a 5er for games, don't know about consoles though.

If your referring to a switch pre order, probably best to confirm that in store.

At least they're honest!

yeah like I asked in store and they said it's 50 down on a console. but online i just pre ordered it to pick it up on henry street for a fiver. for a fiver i can stomach it just in case i do want it at launch. i'm just a bit concerned that if I do go and try to collet it they'll be like sorry no we didn't get this or whatever.

If your referring to a switch pre order, probably best to confirm that in store.

might give them a call tomorrow at lunch. but right now my pre order is confirmed for henry street pick up according to the web store.

At least they're honest!

It's €50, and I was also told "no exceptions".

Paid deposits for the console and Zelda, I'm #7 at my store and not even guaranteed one. Fun! I would have been earlier, I went in at 9AM because I had the day off work, but my company was with Ulster Bank so I wasn't paid my salary until 4PM. More fun!

yeah like I asked in store and they said it's 50 down on a console. but online i just pre ordered it to pick it up on henry street for a fiver. for a fiver i can stomach it just in case i do want it at launch. i'm just a bit concerned that if I do go and try to collet it they'll be like sorry no we didn't get this or whatever.

might give them a call tomorrow at lunch. but right now my pre order is confirmed for henry street pick up according to the web store.

People on boards were saying an online pre order is done funny

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057398436&page=304

I've done it in store in Swords pavilions.

acohrs

Anyone of ye know if you need the reg book for the NCT? God knows where mine is, and I've the test in the morning

How'd you get on, did you need it? Got to do mine later this year, yay...

On another note, went to see the film Your Name at the Liffey Valley Vue. Good-ish film, but the best part of the night were the new recliner seats! Eating popcorn while lying 90 degrees horizontally at the cinema was amazing, however for 15 quid you would hope it would be!

Haha, there were 5 people watching, me, some guy in the middle, and 3 traveller kids that snuck in and talked the whole time on their phone. Middle guy was sitting closer to them and got so pissed off, thankfully I was at the front and barely heard them.

Podge293

How'd you get on, did you need it? Got to do mine later this year, yay...

On another note, went to see the film Your Name at the Liffey Valley Vue. Good-ish film, but the best part of the night were the new recliner seats! Eating popcorn while lying 90 degrees horizontally at the cinema was amazing, however for 15 quid you would hope it would be!

Haha, there were 5 people watching, me, some guy in the middle, and 3 traveller kids that snuck in and talked the whole time on their phone. Middle guy was sitting closer to them and got so pissed off, thankfully I was at the front and barely heard them.

I didn't and it passed fairly well (131 so I'd hope so). Not sure where they charged me tho. I prebooked online but the card got cancelled between the prebook and day of test and my account hasn't been hit yet.

A new question is, where the hell do you get those disc holders? Need a 3 disc one now cuz of the NCT disc.

And yeah those seats are pretty cool. First time I tried em I was sceptical but then after getting through the movie they're pretty good.

And it's super easy to sneak into movies in Vue now, they've no line of sight past the initial ticket check at the food stands. I've seen kids just from screen to screen while I was waiting on them to finish cleaning up.

Considering going to see the Ass Creed movie? Worth the money or just wait till it hits TV in a few months ?

acohrs

I didn't and it passed fairly well (131 so I'd hope so). Not sure where they charged me tho. I prebooked online but the card got cancelled between the prebook and day of test and my account hasn't been hit yet.

A new question is, where the hell do you get those disc holders? Need a 3 disc one now cuz of the NCT disc.

And yeah those seats are pretty cool. First time I tried em I was sceptical but then after getting through the movie they're pretty good.

And it's super easy to sneak into movies in Vue now, they've no line of sight past the initial ticket check at the food stands. I've seen kids just from screen to screen while I was waiting on them to finish cleaning up.

Considering going to see the Ass Creed movie? Worth the money or just wait till it hits TV in a few months ?

Good to know for my NCT thanks mate.

Also, I'd watch any piece of crap film in those chairs. Worse comes to worse, recline all the way and just fall asleep! That's what my fiancee did in Jason Bourne, don't blame her at all.

I don't think the guy in the screening was Irish, all Irish people know not to fuck with Traveller children! Fiancee tells me stuff like ignore them and don't even look at them, as you don't know who will pick them up and doesn't care about starting fights

NateDog

Not sure if you guys already know but Smyths are asking for €20 down on Switch pre-orders. Guy in city centre said they've still got a fair amount of pre-orders with day one guarantees left.

PowerTaxi

Banned

Good visuals in the Spain scenes. Everything else though...

Podge293

just to let everyone know as well, today is the last day to pre order from gamestop to get a console day one.

Preorders that good for it? I honestly didn't expect it to do that well in Ireland.

I'm not in the hunt anyways. Gonna wait till later in the year.

Good luck to those getting one

acohrs

Preorders that good for it? I honestly didn't expect it to do that well in Ireland.

the fact that it's taken nearly a week to sellout the guaranteed day 1 pre orders with the supposed limited quantities being released is not a good sign for the Switch here...

Neon is still available and Gamestop Ireland covers the UK as well.

Though if anyone is going day one at gamestop there's 20% off accessories with a pre order.

acohrs

Nah there's a few over there. When they bought game and gamestation, they closed a lot of places though.

Edit: I think all gamestop became game in UK. Forget whether gamestop bought game or vice versa now though.

2nd edit: no I'm full of shit different companies. Gamestop just left the UK leaving only Game in the UK, ignore me

NateDog

Neon is still available and Gamestop Ireland covers the UK as well.

Though if anyone is going day one at gamestop there's 20% off accessories with a pre order.

That's pretty decent actually considering the prices of the Pro Controller and other items, although still means you'll end up paying more like €500 on day one.

I don't think Gamestop ever opened stores in the UK did they (apart from NI)? I thought they were always online only since the online market is so competitive there.

I missed that. So 72 for a pro controller would that be? I could make that work.

edit - 64. Hmm.

64 for the Pro and 72 for another set of joycons. not bad. though they have told me and another person that the current prices set may not be the final prices. given the rrp for the pro in the rest of europe is 70 and not 80 like gamestop are charging, I hope they drop that down. though with out vat they probably won't.

That's pretty decent actually considering the prices of the Pro Controller and other items, although still means you'll end up paying more like €500 on day one.

I don't think Gamestop ever opened stores in the UK did they (apart from NI)? I thought they were always online only since the online market is so competitive there.
I'm hoping to pay a bunch off at the end of the month. lessen the hit on february's paycheck. hoping the only thing I have to pay for day one is some accessories including an extra controller.

Top Bottom